• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha Leak

Random people (again -.-*) got invited to the Battlefield 1 Alpha today.

And so as expected leaks are popping up.

Here is the newest one. Not my screenshot, found on reddit.

XaMiwFK.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glad they're going the purchase weapons you want to unlock route as opposed to having to grind out individual weapon classes.

Disappointing that it seems like they're not even attempting to make the UI/presentation match the era of the game. That UI looks right out of BF4/Battlefront.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Disappointing that it seems like they're not even attempting to make the UI/presentation match the era of the game. That UI looks right out of BF4/Battlefront.
They said they wanted to unite the UIs for their Battlefield/front games. I personally love that, it's nice to have a consistent UI and it helps if it's a very clean and minimalist one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I'm torn on it. I always appreciate UIs that look well ingrained in the game world but I'm also a fan of how clean and easy to read this is. In order for a more WWI appropriate UI it would probably need a complete redesign, not just slapping a typewriter font or something on it, and the layout seems to have a fair amount of thought put into it.

wbEMX

Seeing a server browser in the actual game after six years without having one in a Battlefield game is like a gift from god.
8lhd4.jpg

They said they wanted to unite the UIs for their Battlefield/front games. I personally love that, it's nice to have a consistent UI and it helps if it's a very clean and minimalist one.

I'm torn on it. I always appreciate UIs that look well ingrained in the game world but I'm also a fan of how clean and easy to read this is. In order for a more WWI appropriate UI it would probably need a complete redesign, not just slapping a typewriter font or something on it, and the layout seems to have a fair amount of thought put into it.

Ehh, it's not a huge issue, but it does bother me. It's bland. In its sleekness and unification under the DICE Menu™, there's no character, or dedication to the period. It extends to the in-game UI and game announcer as well.

Wonder how the controller support is for the PC version. Hopefully you can plug and play with a pad unlike the last games. Very cool that we can see the tickrate in the server browser now as well.

War bond. Typical currency system. Too bad they probably will charge for maps on top of this

I wish they made a model where old maps were free after a second dlc pack releases

UI clashes with the Era. But whatever.

And where's rush!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ehh, it's not e huge issue, but it does bother me. It's bland. In it's sleekness and unification under the DICE Menu™, there's no character ordedicatino to the period. It extends to the in-game UI and game announcer as well.

The announcer does need some more pizzazz. Different accents for each faction and making it sound more like a radio communication would go a long way.

I just dont get why they are still doing this random Alpha invites and then expect nothing will leak.

This part really has to change. Let people sign up for it etc.

Link please because I am apart of the BF1 reddit and have not seen reports of any console players getting in.

Ive seen two already.

Someone claims that he got a Xbone key.

Need his gamertag to check if true.

I really can't wait to play BF1. This is the most I've anticipated a game in years. Definitely going Support class main and rocking these:

m1918bar-01.jpg

1911pistols025.jpg

Wonder how the controller support is for the PC version. Hopefully you can plug and play with a pad unlike the last games. Very cool that we can see the tickrate in the server browser now as well.

It'd be nice if they had some magnetism for aiming with controllers this time around, though I completely understand why that would be left out (Even if Pc players will still do better, I can do quite well in games like CoD on PC with a controller)

Seems like it's a BFH/SWBF-type system.

Which is FAR better than unlocking in a predetermined order. You don't have to waste time and energy on weapons you won't use that often.

Sadly Battlefront isnt like that anymore. You now have to do contracts to unlock Weapons/Gadgets...

I hope they dont add such thing to BF1.

Top Bottom