• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It look like this dude.
giphy.gif
[/IMG]

No it doesn't.

FqCxbYa.png

These DICE guys are the most unprofessional bunch of fucking idiots I have seen. First publicly calling out CoD devs amateurs and incompetent and then accusing Microsoft of being MoneySoft.

Grow up.

That's definitely unprofessional.

But to be fair Microsoft is not being very professional in leaking their announcement either.

Both should work a bit harder here.... I could see DICE needing a social media "talk" lol.

I wonder if this game will be gorier due to the setting, especially with stuff like the spiked club.

I'd love to see something that wasn't particularly any more gory than what Battlefield's been doing (there's a thin line between realism and glorification in videogames) but way more grimy, muddy, dirty, desperate feeling warzones. Something that really goes for intensity and physicality rather than just "cool" Battlefield moments.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
We call it a trench club, chap.

American public school system has failed me again.

I'd love to see something that wasn't particularly any more gory than what Battlefield's been doing (there's a thin line between realism and glorification in videogames) but way more grimy, muddy, dirty, desperate feeling warzones. Something that really goes for intensity and physicality rather than just "cool" Battlefield moments.

Yeah, me too. Thinking about it, gibbing and dismemberment wouldn't really work in BF MP anyway with how reviving works.

EDIT: I see someone else mentioned that too.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm cautiously optimistic because every battlefield since 3 has been trash. But this setting is interesting. Don't fuck it up DICE.

Dunkley

Let's see if I was right, I mean I didn't really believe they'd really go for a WW1 aesthetic but now I'm curious.

Yo I would love a WW1 setting but given BF's gameplay I do figure it all would be artistic license as far as the historical accuracy is concerned.

No way they'd make a trench warfare game as much as a game that has WW1 weapon/soldier/tank designs with severely unrealistic reload times and weapon capabilities.

At least in this game, there's a server browser and you can play whatever you want, unlike in COD where if you only have DLC 1, then you can only play with DLC 1 people and so forth.

I think the server browser is realy bad for the DLC. In the past most servers stop playing most of the DLC maps/modes and go back to the old stuff. I think the DLC maps are always great, but only a few server play them and only selcted maps in TDM.

Looks like they are again splitting up the community with DLC maps.

Yeah, that's a shame. I get it - that's what it takes to make money on games these days, but it still sucks when you end up with 2 vanilla maps rotating on servers after a couple of years - simply because that's what everyone 100% has.

I'm really excited about it being WWI, I'm really into that period and really, really hope they explore more battles than what's usually associated with that war.

mjc

That's definitely unprofessional.

But to be fair Microsoft is not being very professional in leaking their announcement either.

Both should work a bit harder here.... I could see DICE needing a social media "talk" lol.

One was a mistake, being put up on the store too early. The other is someone being childish in public. He could have reacted with different wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom