• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro - Already improved framerate and resolution

-hadouken

Just not feeling it and the framerate is jarring when coming from Titanfall 2 which is buttery smooth.
Titanfall certainly has some slick presets to tailor the feel! I'm hoping that DICE removes BF1's weird analog stick acceleration - makes aiming feel simultaneously sluggish & flighty (a little like Killzone 2).

Cv2MCeJUIAIxmLa.png

Logsi

Get off the bandwagon about fair in MP. Surely the Xbox One S also has this so called advantage in MP over the base Xbox.

Most layman probably won't notice a difference in frame rate anyway.

Malcolm9

Get off the bandwagon about fair in MP. Surely the Xbox One S also has this so called advantage in MP over the base Xbox.

Most layman probably won't notice a difference in frame rate anyway.

A 1-3 fps increase really isn't a massive advantage.

Logsi

Titanfall certainly has some slick presets to tailor the feel! I'm hoping that DICE removes BF1's weird analog stick acceleration - makes aiming feel simultaneously sluggish & flighty (a little like Killzone 2).

The sticks in titan fall are perfect and the different options are very welcome. Think I set to steady after testing. Went back to Overwatch after a couple of weeks off and it's shockingly bad. One of the main reasons I would get a TAC Pro or Xim 4.

kiguel182

If you suck you suck. Good players will still beat the shit out of everyone else, no matter if they play on PS4 or PS4 Pro. And the Pros are going to switch to Pro anyhow. (lol)

And as mentioned before, this isn't an issue on PC, with kinda extreme differences between systems. No one cares. But on a PS4 having more constant fps is an unfair issue. Is THAT fair?

One of the reasons to play multiplayer on console is even playing field.

A 30% CPU clock speed increase doesn't necessarily equate to a 30% performance increase. Similar overclocks on the PC CPUs net you closer to a 10% increase in framerate.
Well this depends on how much the cpu is used.
Most Games dont use the 12 threads in my cpu (Most i see is usually around 50%).
But in a console they Have to Max Out All they got.
So then An 30% clockspeed bump can Have much More effect then with my cpu.

-hadouken

Just played Sinai back to back on PS4 then Pro. Ran around the C flag a whole bunch. Significantly better on Pro.

Controls -> advanced -> uniform soldier aiming

Uniform soldier aim can't be tweaked to dial out the weird BF1 analog acceleration. Just as it couldn't be used in BF4 to create this kind of acceleration. It's a tool to unify the feeling between hip control and ads.

Ozorov

Just played Sinai back to back on PS4 then Pro. Ran around the C flag a whole bunch. Significantly better on Pro.

Uniform soldier aim can't be tweaked to dial out the weird BF1 analog acceleration. Just as it couldn't be used in BF4 to create this kind of acceleration. It's a tool to unify the feeling between hip control and ads.
Sweeeet. So I guess we can say the patch is there?

-hadouken

Sweeeet. So I guess we can say the patch is there?

I think we can conclude that patch 1.02 (2.5GB) harnesses the Pro to some extent. Wouldn't be surprised to see further gains with the "November update" that's on the way.

Also need to note that although I didn't come across evidence of a dynamic resolution change in the first few hours, I've come across one blip this evening.

Now we need someone playing it at 4K to chime in.

Fbh

So does that mean HDR support for the base model has already been patched?

How about fair play in multiplayer?

I have no issues with the framerate on base PS4 btw

There is a Sony licensed mouse + keyboard for Ps4.
It's not like Sony cares about fair play on Ps4

kriskrosbbk

I think we can conclude that patch 1.02 (2.5GB) harnesses the Pro to some extent. Wouldn't be surprised to see further gains with the "November update" that's on the way.

Also need to note that although I didn't come across evidence of a dynamic resolution change in the first few hours, I've come across one blip this evening.

Now we need someone playing it at 4K to chime in.

I am currently playing on my OGPS4 (Pro should be here any minute) a match of CQ.
The difference between CQ and the small modes is night and day.
Can you say that on Pro it is night and dusk lets say?Hope you got my point lol

-hadouken

Can you say that on Pro it is night and dusk lets say?

It's not as consistent as the small modes (they pretty much achieve a locked 60) but it's good enough for me to actually want to play CQL. Have to keep in mind that performance can vary depending on map, weather and circumstances. But overall it feels like a significant step up.

If you played BF4 on PS4 or X1, it feels closer to the performance of 32P CQS than 64P CQL.

kiguel182

Are you playing Conquest ot War pigeons?

Conquest, why?

There is a Sony licened mouse + keyboard for Ps4.

I mean, that's true but two wrongs don't make one right.

I think making multiplayer work in base model would be the best course of action.

I am pretty sure there wasn't any difference when I played BF1 on Pro yesterday. I still looks and feels the same, which only makes sense, as they only announced their update without further details so far. It's still coming.

There is a Sony licened mouse + keyboard for Ps4.

You'd think HDR would be noticeable pro or og. makes me think it can't have been patched yet.

I had a few dips yesterday which makes me quite confident this is 100% placebo. There is no Pro enhancement so far, it will come with the next update.

Any word on how menus are affected by the pro? Thanks!

Played one hour of múltiplayer.

Framerate is a lot better on Conquest (Played on Suez)
Menus are faster inside a match
Resolution didn't change not even for a second

I guess I have my answer.

This patch sucks and Dice won't comment on that. Was expecting so much more DICE. At least 1440p.

black070

I have a feeling Battlefield 1 is currently just patched to utilise the increased specs of the Pro rather then anything specific yet.

Played one hour of múltiplayer.

Framerate is a lot better on Conquest (Played on Suez)
Menus are faster inside a match
Resolution didn't change not even for a second

I guess I have my answer.

This patch sucks and Dice won't comment on that. Was expecting so much more DICE. At least 1440p.

The improvements you've noticed sound pretty damn awesome though ?

Can confirm that it plays a lot smoother and the resolution is a lot more crisp but the dynamic resolution bug is still there if my eyes are to be beleived.

I saw the resolution change for a split second, a lot faster than it used to, but it still happened.
Will upload the recording to YouTube now and see what you guys think.

DBT85

I have a feeling Battlefield 1 is currently just patched to utilise the increased specs of the Pro rather then anything specific yet.

The improvements you've noticed sound pretty damn awesome though ?
I think he means that it doesn't feel like they've pushed the pro at all.

Putenrupfer

Neo Member
I can confirm as well that the game feels much smoother jow in conquest. I realized it as soon as i entered the match as i went to the options to see if my sensivity increased somehow.

Lulu23

Installing now, will report back soon. Thought CQ with 64 players was unplayable on PS4 in BF4 and BF1, let's see if that has changed yet.

I understand that they have a deal with MS but man, they still have to provide some information for christ sakes. Like what a fucking patch does when it comes out on the version of the game you fucking developed.

One thing should have nothing to do with the other. This isnt a marketing deal, its a fucking patch.

Much less frequent (I didn't see it for some hours), and as you've found, the change is swifter. Here's hoping they make it go away entirely with 1.03.

Yea, its as if the game just suddenly decides to drop the resolution like last time, but this time it really is a blink and you'll miss it type deal.

BigEmil

I thought that Pro doesn't give any enhancements in MP because of the "fair play" thinking.
Lol some few extra frames won't be that advantageous. On PC you have people playing 30, 60, 120, 144fps in the same game online now talk about "fair play"

Pretty ridiculous how silent DICE has been with this.
Probably a contract with Microsoft for marketing etc they're maybe not allowed to talk about the Pro much

viHuGi

Banned
I can't believe an NDA would stop them saying how this improves the game, if that's true the industry is even more retarded than I thought it was.

Yeah this is sad, I'm not buying anything from them anymore because things like this BS, I hate this industry sometimes.

Top Bottom