• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Pastry

Banned
Remember that if you think something is missing we're probably getting another big patch when the new map releases in December.

Firebrand

They actually nerfed AA? Weak. I didn't find them to be overpowered, and bomber plane is my most played "class". The issue was there's too many of them, and the ridiculous knockback they do on smaller planes.

Now to see if the patch + the new Nvidia driver actually fixes the 770 crash, but not holding my breath.

Agent

Ctrl + F "Gas reduction"

0 results found.

Either way, that is quite the list of patch notes (probably among the longest I've ever seen). At least it seems like a lot of the other more significant issues and items have been fixed. Also good to see support weapons getting some adjustments since that is the last class I have to get to rank 10.

chiliboy

They actually nerfed AA? Weak. I didn't find them to be overpowered, and bomber plane is my most played "class". The issue was there's too many of them, and the ridiculous knockback they do on smaller planes.

Now to see if the patch + the new Nvidia driver actually fixes the 770 crash, but not holding my breath.

Yeah they went for the coward route with the AA. I just pray to god that the planes do not reign supreme now. They did increase dmg to planes with K-bullets though so a K bullet sniper with a support working together can probably deal with planes :)

Have DICE ever confirmed that additional support for PS4 pro is coming eventually? Hard to find any information.

An EA representative confirmed BF1 Pro support in the Playstation meeting.

Dice has not said anything due to their NDA with Microsoft. That said, the game is already patched with Pro enhancements.

Yeah they went for the coward route with the AA. I just pray to god that the planes do not reign supreme now. They did increase dmg to planes with K-bullets though so a K bullet sniper with a support working together can probably deal with planes :)

My mate is a dab hand at sniping the pilot in a plane. Either way I agree - why the hell nerf the AA?

I just hope the AA still kanes the behemoth

thejpfin

More tickets in Operations only made Monte Grappa Operations even worse. Hell they could give attacking team 1000 tickets and bunker section would still be hell to capture.
Maybe they balance it in the next patch... (They wont)

Also they slightly nerfed hellriegel, but they didn't touch automatica? Weird.
I think hellriegal was already a mediocre gun, why nerf it more?

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
An EA representative confirmed BF1 Pro support in the Playstation meeting.

Dice has not said anything due to their NDA with Microsoft. That said, the game is already patched with Pro enhancements.

Yeah, I just wonder if the pro enhancements it has now is all they were talking about, or if there will be additional support coming down the line. I've seen people talking about the possibility, but is it confirmed or just hopeful wishes? lol

Theorry

More tickets in Operations only made Monte Grappa Operations even worse. Hell they could give attacking team 1000 tickets and bunker section would still be hell to capture.

Wut. Hellriegel is maybe the best gun in the game.

As long as they didn't nerf the first SMG, the MP18 Trench, or whatever otherwise known as the GOAT SMG.

(Automatico much better close range but sucks at far range / controlled fire)

Xater

Yeah, I just wonder if the pro enhancements it has now is all they were talking about, or if there will be additional support coming down the line. I've seen people talking about the possibility, but is it confirmed or just hopeful wishes? lol

Totally wishful thinking, except for HDR support.

Harpua

with ADS after revive? Yeah I cant find that one :( dont think they fixed it..
but they removed ADS delay after using nade / equipment - thank god!

Yup, that one. It's become obvious with how the gun appears, but it still sucks if it happens when you get revived in front on an enemy.

As long as they didn't nerf the first SMG, the MP18 Trench, or whatever otherwise known as the GOAT SMG.

God damn MP18.

They should definitely have nerfed the range on that thing

No Model 10 Hunter nerf seems like a wasted patch :D

1325795244_angry_face.gif

chiliboy

No Model 10 Hunter nerf seems like a wasted patch :D

They fixed consistency with buckshot shotguns. Dunno if its a nerf though.

Is the MP18 Trench good at range aswell? with hipfire or ADS? Only tried automatico trench

tr1p1ex

lol. just found that out last night.

average mentality on pubs is too low to capture that bunker.

at least on a 64 player server.

It became quickly apparent to me that you really only have 2 choices as a team. Either everyone gets in the flag zone above the bunker or everyone charges into the bunker from both sides one a half second after the other There is no in between.

But trying to get enough to cooperate on the average server seems nigh impossible.

Random17

The Monte bunker is a great test to see how coordinated teams are; unfortunately without Commander or any real form of full side teamwork tool it is almost impossible in practice.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol. just found that out last night.

average mentality on pubs is too low to capture that bunker.

at least on a 64 player server.

It became quickly apparent to me that you really only have 2 choices as a team. Either everyone gets in the flag zone above the bunker or everyone charges into the bunker from both sides one a half second after the other There is no in between.

But trying to get enough to cooperate on the average server seems nigh impossible.

Even if you take it by the above flag method, it's impossible to hold the tunnels of A. You need a decent even split on your team, and if your team is Lemmings toward B, it's GG.

thejpfin

Agree.
Even if your team manages to capture B flag, you still have to capture A flag.
When your team rushes from B to A, you lose that B flag to enemy team and you have to capture it again.
It's a nightmare, even with a good squad.

New002

I bought the automatico trench after hearing such good things about it, but man it is not working for me, regardless of map. The MP18 Trench is amazing.

Agent

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the best Support weapon got nerfed, so the class is probably less effective now than it was Pre-patch :(

Yeah, the BAR recoil increase is a bit of a bummer. To be fair, it was a bit of a laser beam. The problem is it was clearly a better option to the other LMGs in the Support class. I suspect the use would go down a lot if there were better options. With the 20 round magazine and fire rate, it did make taking on more than one soldier a challenge. That is where other LMGs could shine, and hopefully will with the update. Sometimes you have to take one L if it means you can have more options.

I'm probably going to dust off the MG15 n.A. Storm. I really enjoyed using that gun and I've rarely ever seen it used. It just wasn't practical to use when the BAR was unlocked.

deoee

ttf.gif

Notice nearly all of those are ADS from a range which would rip a hole in you in real life....

Noticehow this game is "WW1" - guns were very barren in terms of stabilizers and enhancements etc.
The gun should have a spread like crazy and barely hit anything outside of maybe 15-20m.

The update reset all of my soldier loadouts, and even worse it broke the ability to customize my weapons.

Thanks for the heads up bro!

Noticehow this game is "WW1" - guns were very barren in terms of stabilizers and enhancements etc.
The gun should have a spread like crazy and barely hit anything outside of maybe 15-20m.

You say that like Gas grenades existed and the Automatico wasn't just a prototype
Also a dude with two strapped together?

deoee

Thanks for the heads up bro!

You say that like Gas grenades existed and the Automatico wasn't just a prototype
Also a dude with two strapped together?

I know it's not meant to be realistic at all, but this is a shotgun.
This isn't some 21th century modernized weapon which kills at any range like todays weapons.
Shotguns should be used at close range max. IMO.

They fixed consistency with buckshot shotguns. Dunno if its a nerf though.

Is the MP18 Trench good at range aswell? with hipfire or ADS? Only tried automatico trench

It's about the same whether you ADS or hip fire, just depends what you are comfortable with. It's good that being gassed with the weapon makes essentially no difference since the hip fire is just as good.

As for range, it's not as good as the LMGs on support, but it's decent at getting a few pop shots off at a distance.

Arthur-Hucksake

Neo Member
Well..... the game looks worse on the PS4 Pro since 1.04. Jaggy shimmer is now present and a softer image all round.

The frames don't feel as smooth neither.

Because of the NDA / paid deal they have, they wouldn't comment on Pro improvements to begin with so it's difficult to judge properly.

deoee

Well..... the game looks worse on the PS4 Pro since 1.04. Jaggy shimmer is now present and a softer image all round.

Because of the NDA / paid deal they have, they wouldn't comment on Pro improvements to begin with so it's difficult to judge properly.

Isn't it "forbidden" to get improvements in MP titles?
For parity yada yada

So I notice on the companion app it now shows me a list of all medals and it says 'choose which medal to track from the in-game menu'

If you can choose then that is a fantastic addition.

Watch my tank destruction medals go up lads haha

Redders

That sucks, is this on a 4K TV?

Hurley

Just had a few games then on the pro and it does seem like the fps and image quality has taken a bit of a hit. Fps isn't too bad but it doesn't feel as smooth as pre patch

Some great fixes in this update. Happy with
- the extra flags in Suze (although they could have been less linear)
- can customize your soldier before you enter a game
- If the squad leader ignores requests for orders the leadership is transferred to another member of the squad
- Quit button is now available at any given time when in the End of Round

I couldn't see anything about fixing that infuriating bug where you go to use a gadget (using left or right on d-pad) and it puts on your gas mask. So frustrating and often gets you killed.

Top Bottom