• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 preload is up on Xbox One - 42.6GB

Theorry

img_20160927_203718iuu6l.jpg

Confirmed by other people also on Reddit.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
I guess you mean pre-order?

Edit: Appearently you can already download it more than 24 days ahead of release lol. Thats why I asked.

Stupid question, but what is the version that only has the base game + all future DLC (what was called Premium in the past)? I have a sloooow internet so I might as well take advantage of the preload.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wish you could preload with EA Access. Still on the fence with this.

Stupid question, but what is the version that only has the base game + all future DLC (what was called Premium in the past)? I have a sloooow internet so I might as well take advantage of the preload.

Looks like Ultimate Edition.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
Xbox has crazy early preloads occasionally.

Thats why I asked whether he means pre-order. The games is almost 1 month away and you can already download it? Thats pretty early.
I guess EA already started producing the discs, so why not make it also available digitally.

Theorry

Thats why I asked whether he means pre-order. The games is almost 1 month away and you can already download it? Thats pretty early.

Not at all. And its 2 weeks until EA Access starts. Usually when a games goes Gold the preload is very quick after that on Xbox One. For example.

Battlefront release date. November 17th. Preload on Xbox. October 15th
Battlefield: Hardline release date. March 17th. Preload on Xbox. February 16th.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
Not at all. And its 2 weeks until EA Access starts. Usually when a games goes Gold the preload is very quick after that on Xbox One. For example.

Battlefront release date. November 17th. Preload on Xbox. October 15th
Battlefield: Hardline release date. March 17th. Preload on Xbox. February 16th.

Yea ok I forgot about EA access that makes sense now.
I always buy games on disc so I don't now the usual timing for preloads. I always thought it's just a couple days ahead of release lol.

Preload is not actually up yet. I just tried to install, but it still downloaded the 100MB placeholder although it says it takes up 42.6GB. The preload should be up soon since it displays 42.6GB.

Hopefully there won't be any 9 or 10 GB size patches this time around that drives that number up. Many of my console owning friends complain about so many huge GB games.

Theorry

Preload is not actually up yet. I just tried to install, but it still downloaded the 100MB placeholder although it says it takes up 42.6GB. The preload should be up soon since it displays 42.6GB.

Just tried it at a friends house. Uninstalled the placeholder. Started download again and it was downloading 42 GB. :)

Top Bottom