• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

I liked the bit about full auto weapons having a larger recoil/accuracy penalty. I really want the game play to feel different than previous BFs.

Mahonay

Banned
Since there's a lot of eyes on this thread...

For anyone who's hopping back onto BF4, the Final Stand DLC will be available for free starting the 18th, this Wednesday.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
UKGAF, anyone know where to order a physical deluxe edition (early enlister edition)?

I can only see it on the PlayStation store and I refuse to get it from GAME although I think they only have the ridiculous super duper £180 edition.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope the part of him complaining about it taking a lot of bullets is ignored. Keep the low time to kill in cod, thanks. I want the damage model to be closer to BF3 or even BC2.

One of the guys who leaked some of the stuff beforehand said the ttk was closer to BC 2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima visited DICE.

2016-05-1716_23_11-hieyuaq.png

Ciqfr3fVAAYwDxY.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Battlefield 1’s Horses Are Actually Animated With Motion Capture

During Electronic Arts’ Investor Day presentation, EA Studios Executive Vice President Patrick Söderlund shared an interesting little detail about Battlefield 1, and specifically on the horses that you have seen in the trailer and that are a fundamental part of World War I warfare.

Söderlund explained that the publisher has a large motion capture facility in Vancouver, and now they even motion capture horses, and we saw the effect of that in the game’s trailer.

Considering how big a horse can be, that’s certainly impressive. I’m not totally sure how how you put one into a motion capture suit (yes, I’m joking), but we’ll probably learn more about this in the future.

Source: Dualshockers

So Kojima is just wondering around everywhere? looool. At least people are accommodating him.

Is there ANY news about the state of Frostbite? I'd love to learn the new features. They will probably wait till around the game's launch so they can demonstrate and illustrate the new features using BF1.

Stiler

Man, If you even think about posting any suggestions for gameplay that leans more toward realism on the official forums just don't.

People just jump down your throat.

Reminds me of the Elder scrolls boards and posting for co-op or mp of any kind. People don't listen or hear what you say, they just cover their ears and shout nooooooooo and don't even offer a reason as to why they oppose it.

I can't be the only onewho would like to see a more varied damage model in this game.

Where taking a hit to your arm/leg or getting dmg from artillery/nades would cause different affects to your character (IE some more sway if hit in arm, ringing/dampened sound if near artillery blast, slower sprint if hit in leg).

Nothing overly realistic, just something that gives more variety to where you get hit and what it does to you instead of simply having lower health that regens (older bf games didn't even have regen, bet some people would throw a fit at that).

Then having medics be able to "fix" it so it actually gives them more to do then just "revive revive revive."

Having limited supplies for things like the medic and whatever class they decide to give ammo so they have to get supplies (this making actual supply lines important and making great targets for the airplanes, etc). so they have to re-supply and then can go to the front lines to fix people up or supply more ammo to mgers and things that need ammo.

Thus creating more depth to the game and different tactics to use depending on what you decide to play as.

Jb

Man, If you even think about posting any suggestions for gameplay that leans more toward realism on the official forums just don't.

Reminds me of the Elder scrolls boards and posting for co-op or mp of any kind. People don't listen or hear what you say, they just cover their ears and shout nooooooooo and don't even offer a reason as to why they oppose it.

I can't be the only onewho would like to see a more varied damage model in this game.

Where taking a hit to your arm/leg or getting dmg from artillery/nades would cause different affects to your character (IE some more sway if hit in arm, ringing/dampened sound if near artillery blast, slower sprint if hit in leg).

Nothing overly realistic, just something that gives more variety to where you get hit and what it does to you instead of simply having lower health that regens (older bf games didn't even have regen, bet some people would throw a fit at that).

Then having medics be able to "fix" it so it actually gives them more to do then just "revive revive revive."

Having limited supplies for things like the medic and whatever class they decide to give ammo so they have to get supplies (this making actual supply lines important and making great targets for the airplanes, etc). so they have to re-supply and then can go to the front lines to fix people up or supply more ammo to mgers and things that need ammo.

Thus creating more depth to the game and different tactics to use depending on what you decide to play as.

I think what you'e suggesting is super interesting and would make for a great tactical shooter but I just don't think BF is a series that would be suited to this kind of game design.
Series like Red Orchestra, Insurgency or Squad would be good fits for a deeper, more realistic WWI shooter. I just have a hard time understanding why people, knowing what BF has been since 1942, want it to radically change where its stands between realism and arcade-yness.
Maybe it's because this is the first big scope WWI game and people are pinning all their desires for what that could be on this particular game?

It doesn't make a lot of sense, it's too much complication for a game where the average lifetime of a soldier is 60 seconds.

Interesting thing, I was talking to some rl casual gaming friends. By casual gaming, I mean knowing games only by advertisement, bought an xbone and didnt know Uncharted 4 was PS4 only and always asking me about things whenever gaming is brought up. Anyways, he was asking about any good shooters coming up and was tired of CoD. Thought it was interesting how he really liked the new battlefield 1 trailer.

Of course, its different for everyone but just something I thought was interesting.

m4st4

I'm seeing population spikes on both B4 and Hardline, on PS4... I've never played a Battlefield game on console, is it worth it? I really want to try this. Would be nice if B1 overthrows COD... one can dream right.

MilkyJoe

I'm seeing population spikes on both B4 and Hardline, on PS4... I've never played a Battlefield game on console, is it worth it? I really want to try this. Would be nice if B1 overthrows COD... one can dream right.

BF4 is quite fun. I'm not into online multiplayer at all, I have only played BF4 and EA Battlefront since Operation Flashpoint, back in ? 2001? But I would say BF4 was worth a punt.

m4st4

BF4 is quite fun. I'm not into online multiplayer at all, I have only played BF4 and EA Battlefront since Operation Flashpoint, back in ? 2001? But I would say BF4 was worth a punt.

You were playing on PS right? Hm, I might give it a shot, if only to prepare for this one, truly looks like something different after ages of boring near-futures by COD teams.

There are still thousands of people playing BF4 regularly some 2 1/2 years after release - this is because of how good a FPS it is. There are even Newbie servers you can play on that excludes higher levelled players so you can ease yourself in. Also, it's pretty dirt cheap at the moment. I'd say 100% go for it.

HariKari

The main Battlefield games aren't throwaway yearly titles for the most part. BF4 has been honed into an excellent game by DICE LA.

m4st4

There are still thousands of people playing BF4 regularly some 2 1/2 years after release - this is because of how good a FPS it is. There are even Newbie servers you can play on that excludes higher levelled players so you can ease yourself in. Also, it's pretty dirt cheap at the moment. I'd say 100% go for it.

The main Battlefield games aren't throwaway yearly titles for the most part. BF4 has been honed into an excellent game by DICE LA.

Thanks guys, I will definitely get it sometimes during summer, to compliment Overwatch sessions.

Stiler

I think what you'e suggesting is super interesting and would make for a great tactical shooter but I just don't think BF is a series that would be suited to this kind of game design.
Series like Red Orchestra, Insurgency or Squad would be good fits for a deeper, more realistic WWI shooter. I just have a hard time understanding why people, knowing what BF has been since 1942, want it to radically change where its stands between realism and arcade-yness.
Maybe it's because this is the first big scope WWI game and people are pinning all their desires for what that could be on this particular game?

It doesn't make a lot of sense, it's too much complication for a game where the average lifetime of a soldier is 60 seconds.

What's so complicated? It's a simple damage system dependent on three different areas you can get hit in (arms, legs, concussive dmg; unless you die of course) and having a medic able to fix any of them.

Just gives some variety to getting hit and gives the medics more things to do then revive.

I'm not talking about anything major that would take you out of combat or make you want to stop fighting, just simple things that add a little flair to taking dmg instead of simply getting hit and then regening your health. A little extra sway to aiming (nothing extreme where you can't hit anything), a slower sprint (still able to move/run but not sprint as fast) and dampened audio for the concussive hits. Nothing super-serious or anywhere near like say, ARMA where you literally have to crawl if you get hit in the leg.

Have a simple decal that shows on your soldier if one of your limbs is hit or your ears if you take concussive dmg and a medic can easily and quickly see it and know and then patch you up to good.

Heck you used to not able to even regen health outside of medkits in older BF games.

Also they have consistently been doing more things with each series toward making things slighty more authentic or geared toward that kind of thing.

Adding suppression mechanics, making the parachute delayed + having a height requirement to use, etc.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Does anyone know if the deluxe edition is getting a physical release o PS4 in the UK? Difficult to find it anywhere to preorder. May just need to go digital.

Base game map titles (or at least working titles) seem to have been leaked to a guy on reddit. Take it with a grain of salt.
Link
/u/kooltabbouli said:
Anonymous source inside EA (Not DICE) have tipped me off with the names of all the maps in the vanilla game.
Asiago Offensive (Italian Alps Map)
Gaza Sands (Desert Map)
Siege of Damascus (I'd assume desert-urban...?)
Stalemate (Sounds like a Flanders fields kinda deal)
ANZAC Cove (Sounds like Gallipoli, I'd assume that 'D-day map' LevelCap mentioned and the one with the Battleship ruining the coastline)
Garden Twilight (No idea)
Argonne Shade (Probably the forrest map we saw in the trailer)
Operation Castlewick (No idea either, maybe references something in campaign?)
Scorched Earth (Sounds Western or Eastern Front...?)
Now according to the source, these may or may not be the actual titles used in game but they were definitely at least working titles or suggested titles at some point.

Top Bottom