• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Review Thread

FelipeMGM

battlefield_1_cover_ea.jpg

Gaming Trend 95/100

Like a bayonet charge to the face, Battlefield 1 packs a serious punch, and it looks damn good while doing it. With a revamped, emotionally charged campaign, the single-player experience is, without a doubt, the franchise’s best. The multiplayer combines solid classics and unbeatable mechanics with new modes that fit the WWI setting brilliantly. Could this be the Battlefield to end all Battlefields? It just might.

Gamespot 9/10

Battlefield 1 is just an introduction to one of the deadliest world events in history, but it is an outstanding, feature-rich package in both its emotional stories and strong multiplayer.

Metro 8/10

The First Word War setting feels a little less daring than you might’ve hoped, but as a complete first person shooter package this is one of the best of the generation so far.

Forbes 8/10

No one makes more beautiful shooters than DICE, but their gameplay still leaves something to be desired, despite what appeared to be a total refresh with the WWI setting. Fans of the series may look past these faults or even embrace them, but some of them are hard to get past, and can define the entire experience.

God Is a Geek 10/10

Stevivor 9.5/10

AUS Gamer

ThisGenGaming 9/10

IGN: 9/10

Easy Allies 4.5/5

Polygon 9/10

We Got This Covered 4.5/5

Game Revolution 4.5/5

Gadgets 360 9/10

PCGamer: 89/100

NZ Gamer 8.4/10

EGM 8/10

GamesRadar 4/5

Hardcore Gamer 4/5

TheSixthAxis 8/10

ACG Review - Buy

Opencritic

I was well skeptical when they announced this and after Battlefront last year but from playing the trial they have hit this one out of the park.

Expecting lots of 9's

I'm ever so slightly looking forward to the campaign now. If it weren't for the bad taste left by BF3 and BF4's single player modes, I'd be a lot more excited and less skeptical of the reviews!

It also sounds like the Operations mode is going to be fantastic! Roll on Friday.

Sites are putting a score against it without the game being out in the wild after the shit show that was the multiplayer launch for the last game?

SZips

Happy to see the good scores but why aren't they waiting for experiences in a release environment for what is a multiplayer heavy game?
Edit - Early access is one thing but it's really a drop in the bucket to a full launch. Maybe I'm just being cautious given BF4's launch.

I swore off pre-ordering games, but this one's made me break that rule. It looks as close to a sure thing as you can get, and I need to be playing it on release.

8s and 9s across the board, and fingers crossed for a stable launch.

MaLDo

How is controller support in the campaign this time? (pc) And in multiplayer? aim-assist like consoles?

Sites are putting a score against it without the game being out in the wild after the shit show that was the multiplayer launch for the last game?
Which last game? because Hardline and Battlefront have been very smooth launches. Was the shit show launch you are talking about BF4 from 3 years ago on current gen?

Machina

Banned
I've got 8 of the 10 hours EA access allows clocked up, and I can safely assure GAF that this is the best BF has been in a very long time. Who'd a thunk it. The franchise returns to the early 20th century and suddenly the series peaks again.

Can't wait for this one. Between this and CoD Remaster, it's a good season to be a shooter fan

bombshell

Which last game? because Hardline and Battlefront have been very smooth launches. Was the shit show launch you are talking about BF4 from 3 years ago on current gen?

Yeah, the BF4 launch is of course worth mentioning, but it's not a point that has the same weight anymore when there's been 2 smooth game launches since.

scoobs

I'm so glad to hear the single player campaign isn't hot frothy garbage anymore. I truly look forward to playing through it this time around. I had a feeling watching this trailer that it might be decent, I'm excited!

Top Bottom