• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Battlefield Portal Official Trailer

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I can't wait for binoculars vs binoculars fights! Spot race!

It looks cool but i hope this mode won't split the user base.

Naked Lunch

Battlefield was somehow shit for an entire generation.
Looks to finally be back.

Ive been saying it in all of these BF threads - but I have a Battefield crew 12 deep looking to get back together on this game after not playing the series for nearly a decade. These trailers are hitting the mark for old timers.

isoRhythm

Banned
I was a huge junkie for BC2 & BF3.. the urge to resist pre-ordering a game has never been this strong (don't worry, I still won't pre-order)

Port Valdez & Arica Harbor are waiting for me

Last edited:

VCAwe

Neo Member
Well fuck me sideways they actually did it. Didn't even see that giant notification there lol.

I think Jack frags mentionned that there will be some kind of limitation on that so that people can't abuse it by making a super easy custom mode and level everything up super quickly.

Tunned

Holy shit, Caspian Border is back! This looks amazing, Portal looks spectacular! I'm mainly a single player person, but I BF3 multiplayer was so good I never touched the campaign.

Look like EA is going to bring BF back to it's glory days.
Now if only they did the same with Need For Speed :(

I cant believe this is dice in 2021.

My god they pulled a 180 on there sjw shit.

battlefield 2042 looks like pretty much all i want out of a battlefield so good.
Sincerely.

I haven't seen a single one armed metallic woman running around like an idiot in their trailers and any passive aggressive messaging to the fans.

I've been waiting anyyyyyy minute now for them to do that, but they haven't.

Idk how to feel man o.o

I swear if this has mapmaker the community would made all cod and bf maps from the past within a week , and this would instsntly become the only game to have this gen

Banjo64

cumsessed
Thought they’d lost the zeitgeist forever after BF1, amazed that they have romped back with this. Game looks amazing and I’m day one.

About time there’s an amazing shooter that isn’t a BR, long overdue, and this is delivering in the best way possible.

EDMIX

This looks fantastic and is a great side thing to have to the game. I'd be curious to see what kind of tournaments people can come up with for this mode.

Adding a silly mode for people who want to have some silly fun?

Facts!

I literally said this some time ago, that they could easily do a BF in some alternate universe that just had all the maps and give some fake scifi reason on why its happening and here we are lol

edit. I'm waiting for the "historically accurate" police =)

Last edited:

Sybrix

BF3 Metro with 124 players, please.
tenor.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
Oh yeah "bUt ItS nOt A LoT oF cOnTeNt WiThOuT sInGlEpLaYeR"

They could've said about Portal the moment they revealed the game, or shortly after, because 70€ for nothing but 6 maps and 3 game modes is a scam no matter the franchise, but now it looks head and shoulders way more attractive, with that single announcement they basically tripled the content.

INC

indeed, no metro, no lockers, theyre awful maps, for the awful side of the BF playerbase, theyre partly the reason BF has been shit for an entire generation, because they like this shit style of game play, ie meatgrinder wankfest, which is the polar opposite of what BF is meant to be

glad they never had those maps on release, shows that maybe theyre moving away from that retarded gameplay and map choice

Last edited:

EDMIX

indeed, no metro, no lockers, theyre awful maps, for the awful side of the BF playerbase, theyre partly the reason BF has been shit for an entire generation, because they like this shit style of game play, ie meatgrinder wankfest, which is the polar opposite of what BF is meant to be

glad they never had those maps on release, shows that maybe theyre moving away from that retarded gameplay and map choice

Relax bud, shit take it easy.

Play what you like. The player base likes all sorts of different play types.........as to why it has many different play types, it doesn't have 1 form, only about 1 thing, 1 type etc. BF funny enough has been about having many options for many players.

Don't play the map if you don't like it.

Just like don't just a style you don't like, don't play a mode you don't like, a class you don't like etc.

You'll likely see those maps btw later on.

Even as a hardcore BF fan, I have no clue why the fuck I'd want the same shit over and over and over, as if the larger maps disappear because Metro exist lol Play a different map and live life man. I love the change of pace and would argue the map being so fucking different was the point, why would they just keep making the same opening map design as if they have no permission to do something different? So all I can say is play a different map and BF was meant to be played with many different styles and play types. For all you know , they have a new small closed map in homage to Locker and Metro lol

edit. Rush will be beast on here on those BFBC2 maps!

Last edited:

INC

Relax bud, shit take it easy.

Play what you like. The player base likes all sorts of different play types.........as to why it has many different play types, it doesn't have 1 form, only about 1 thing, 1 type etc. BF funny enough has been about having many options for many players.

Don't play the map if you don't like it.

Just like don't just a style you don't like, don't play a mode you don't like, a class you don't like etc.

You'll likely see those maps btw later on.

Even as a hardcore BF fan, I have no clue why the fuck I'd want the same shit over and over and over, as if the larger maps disappear because Metro exist lol Play a different map and live life man. I love the change of pace and would argue the map being so fucking different was the point, why would they just keep making the same opening map design as if they have no permission to do something different? So all I can say is play a different map and BF was meant to be played with many different styles and play types. For all you know , they have a new small closed map in homage to Locker and Metro lol

im glad theres options for it, and people to play how they want, but metro and lockers are just not what BF is about (to me)

so to see dice not include those maps day one, is a good thing.

down the road, sure add them, but im happy thats not something they focused on straight away

the message is clear, BF is large scale this time. they have said all maps can be scaled, so for example bfbc2 maps now support 128 players, because theyve edited the map for it (doesn
t mean thats a good thing, but the option is there)

i look forward to seeing the logic based game modes that can now be made, gun game, scavenger, squad death match. the fact you can make these now is awesome.
There won't be any of that amazing destruction tho :/

yes there will, theyve said itll have the destruction, even the bf1942 maps, theyve all been updated, to even have weather fx as well. if its in the BF2042 engine, its in the remake maps as well, thats includes destruction

EDMIX

im glad theres options for it, and people to play how they want, but metro and lockers are just not what BF is about (to me)
Then play the maps that matter to you, but I see no reason to make it sound as if what makes BF MUST be ONLY those map types. To me, BF is all those maps, as in big, small, medium, land, air, sea. I never force this idea that it MUST be this or that, they have many map types, thus that is what BF actually is......many different types lol
so to see dice not include those maps day one, is a good thing.
I don't see how, you could have skipped those at launch if they came out, I don't see how other games not playing a map, helps you or something lol
down the road, sure add them, but im happy thats not something they focused on straight away
So you'll be sad when they add them cause others will play it or? I mean shit I'm playing Metro now, you sad? Why even get upset over this? Skip the map and move on. I prefer certain modes over others and map types etc, but I don't go around saying shit like "i'm happy they are not focused on xyz" simply cause I don't play the map or mode or something like that.
the message is clear, BF is large scale this time.

Well...you don't know what they'll add over time though, so how do you know its this or that this time? lol

So I favor variety and see no reason for them not to add different map types in a game where you literally can just leave and play a different map as an option. They'll probably add Metro or its remake in BF4 or its re-re-reboot reimagining directors cut from BFV lol

lMi46rR.jpeg

It being an extremely popular map, to the point of being remade several times shows clearly BF players also love the change of pace. I don't know why such a thing would make you unhappy if they remake it yet again. Skip and move on.

ZywyPL

Banned
yes there will, theyve said itll have the destruction, even the bf1942 maps, theyve all been updated, to even have weather fx as well. if its in the BF2042 engine, its in the remake maps as well, thats includes destruction

But are we talking about BC2-level of destruction, where you could obliterate entire buildings, and make the whole map completely flat after an hour-long match? Or that seriously gimped down Levolution?

INC

But are we talking about BC2-level of destruction, where you could obliterate entire buildings, and make the whole map completely flat after an hour-long match? Or that seriously gimped down Levolution?

We dont know, they've been very careful not to really show it

But they did say the tornadoes are random in pathing, and it can completely destroy whatever it touches

So we can only presume that means yes bfbc2 level potentially

Again they've not really shown it yet, we see alot of explosions in the trailers, but they always cut the video before you see the after fx

We do know vehicles are physics based, even in destruction, since u see a tank crush a car.....

Last edited:

Sybrix

It being an extremely popular map, to the point of being remade several times shows clearly BF players also love the change of pace. I don't know why such a thing would make you unhappy if they remake it yet again. Skip and move on.

Metro is the FPS equivalent of the MMO grind quests

The only reason its popular is how easy it is to level up, the map its self is boring as fuck.

Same for Op Locker

M.W.

I assume we won't be able to rank up in this mode which means I'll spend most of my time playing the main game.

ZywyPL

Banned
It being an extremely popular map, to the point of being remade several times shows clearly BF players also love the change of pace

What if... people love Metro so much exactly because it's not a boring large open map but a one with constantly ongoing hectic action?

what about karkand?
I think when all is said and done Portal will have a taste of each Battlefield, be it maps, weapons, vehicles over the course of its lifespan. They say Portal will be web based and easier to update so I assume they have a long term vision for this thing, hopefully.

Also, I forget where I read or heard it, but they said anyone can mess with Portal regardless of owning the game or not which is pretty cool.

Top Bottom