• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Reveal

Urban

Maybe next time don't release screenshots like these days before your gameplay reveal

battlefield-2042-wallpaper-3.jpg

revealscreenshot-07-extra02-3840x2160-nologo_32fg.jpg

Where was this game?

Name a better duo than EA and Bullshots

Naked Lunch

Looked unreal.
Loved the shots with the huge amount of players and tank battles - been wanting bigger player counts on BF for a long time now. We were stuck at 64 since the series launched in 2002.
Going from sunny open deserts to dust storms and darkness all in one map is going to be wild.

So many gameplay cues from BF3/4 - even the old BF2 Special Forces expansion - which are all good things.
BF1 and BFV really shit the bed - BF used to be one of my main franchises before those.
2042 seems to finally right the ship.

Last edited:

Saaleh

Banned
It is not that bad, some aspects to it is good enough to get over my anger, but seriously DEATH to crossgen. Developers really don't get it, killing a huge portion of the hype to gain sales will really hurt them in the long run.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Glorious pc battlefield gamers.

Why ? zip lines and parachutes are literally a staple of the franchise since BF 2. In fact its BF 2 Special Forces which introduced them along with night maps, the gas mask and all of that stuff
"Staple"? According to this site( fandom wiki) and my memories, we didn't have ziplines in BC2, BF 3-4-1-V. I didn't play hardline and BF2 though.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Well looks like modern Battlefield goodness. Hopefully I am up for it. What's with changing the attachments mid-match though?
Yeah I know. I don’t know if I like that. If it’s going to slow the game down loading in the shit you should have figured out in the lobby.

it’s already annoying waiting for my mates in the lobby, now they’ll be doing it in the middle of the game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Glorious pc battlefield gamers.

Why ? zip lines and parachutes are literally a staple of the franchise since BF 2. In fact its BF 2 Special Forces which introduced them along with night maps, the gas mask and all of that stuff
5WgAilB.jpg

I didn't say that...

Klik

I feel like graphics are worse than BF5 which is 3 years game. Hope i'm wrong though. God i hate this cross gen games crap

Sygma

"Staple"? According to this site( fandom wiki) and my memories, we didn't have ziplines in BC2, BF 3-4-1-V. I didn't play hardline and BF2 though.

There were ziplines in Aftermath iirc and hardline. in a nutshell its nothing really new, and their first implementation was in Special Forces which is quite old now !

Last edited:

JayK47

Wow. Looks pretty cool actually. Looks highly scripted, but if you can do half of that in game it will be worth it. Fighting on rooftops looks cool. I may grab this at some point and if I am able to play the beta I may check it out.

GHG

Gold Member
Maybe next time don't release screenshots like these days before your gameplay reveal

battlefield-2042-wallpaper-3.jpg

revealscreenshot-07-extra02-3840x2160-nologo_32fg.jpg

Where was this game?

Everyone's also about to get their hopes and dreams run over by Ubisoft once we actually see gameplay of that Avatar game.

There are certain companies you can be optimistic with, EA and Ubisoft are definitely not part of that group.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That hud colour is horrific, BF:synthwave

Hope I can change that day 1

Agreed.
BF has had some really good accessibility options in recent titles so im pretty sure changing the HUD color aint no thang.
Going for the classic BF3 HUD colors with red headshots.

BlackM1st

Banned
Um...looked ok I guess? Still, looks like an upport of the BF4 which is essentially a PS3 game. Goddamn. Can't believe we're still not getting a proper nextgen BF after all those years after BF3 release. Is it really so expensive that even EA can't go fucking all in?

Relativ9

Yup looks like what I've been wanting since BF1 was a massive disappointment, bringing back the large scale sandbox madness.

Karmic Raze

It looks pretty good, but I’ve never been into the Battlefield series because of the gameplay itself. I’d say I’ll probably pass on this even though it does look fun. If I get an Xbox Series X and it ends up on Game Pass then I’ll give it a go, but I seriously doubt I’m paying for it.

Homeless war veterans doing the fighting in a proxy war? Why make up this insanity for multiplayer only game 😂
That's about the dumbest shit I've read from EA in a while. LOL

If DICE had any balls they would just go back to Battlefield 2 factions and toss China in there with maybe Russia. But I'm sure EA is scared to offend China in any way so they'll just invent a Homeless Veteran Faction.

Game looks fun though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom