• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 heading to Xbox Game Pass - game already has "Game Pass" badge in Xbox Store

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They aren't chips. They are CRISPS, butt head.

They're CHIPS in the Freedom version of the English language !

71zvNxMaWWL._AC_SX425_.jpg

This piece of crap actually devalues Gamepass. It's pretty remarkable how badly EA has missed the mark when it comes to their flagship franchises.

Of course, if I am being honest only the Mass Effect trilogy and Jedi Fallen Order have been the only good games that have come from EA in the last 5 years. I've heard Titanfall 2 is good.

Other than that, EA is a pathetic waste of a publisher.

Titanfall 2 is incredible. SP wise, anyway. MP is a large drop from the first one.

adamsapple

PS. That Pringles thing is for new accounts only, the same as getting the $1 trial.

So, depending on where you are, getting the chips may be more expensive than just a trial and you may not even like them :D

Artistic

From the little I played, it was decent. So if it gets added, I'll definitely give it more of a fair shake.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even when it comes to GP, wont even bother trying it. I'm sure the game is better with patches now, but that beta I played was awful.

Kuranghi

I’m somewhat interested in Sniper Elite 5 but do wonder if that series is heavy on the simulation of sniping? If it’s a bit more on the casual side in that sense I might enjoy it.

Sniper Elite 4 is as simulated or arcadey as you want it to be, you can turn off things that influence the bullet and have an indicator that shows you roughly where the bullet will hit which imo makes the game 10x as fun, it's not like you will still always hit everything easily even with that on.

It's a great & fun game series since 3 and I think 5 will continue that. Playing in coop is amazing if you can do it too, because then you can coordinate shots and distractions. Exploring the maps is fun too, getting lore collectibles although I wish there was a better way to locate the last few rather than just combing the map methodically because that gets a bit boring when you only missed one or two things. Challenges also kinda sucked for the most part. I'm hopeful they fixed this stuff in 5 though.

Landero

Neo Member
Sure glad I paid $100 for the digital deluxe with season pass or whatever. Thought it was going to be good (my bad) and thought they would have several dlc's like BF4 (also, my bad). Shame on me. Never again.

Complistic

I was going to preorder this game before the beta test they had. Still haven't bought it. Doesn't sound like the games even worth my time yet and I have game pass.

Shame.

adamsapple

I think new GP games will get announced tomorrow, so we'll know in a few hours.

i will play the remastered Bad Company 2 thingy....as long as there are decent options.
In the custom games (when i played free trial) They allowed for options to make it play just like the classic games. But unfortunately the game was so dead mixed with the fact that they allowed BOT farming for XP that there were zero populated games available with old school rules. Just ppl that wanted to XP farm or play new shitty BF rules with classic maps.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
i will play the remastered Bad Company 2 thingy....as long as there are decent options.
In the custom games (when i played free trial) They allowed for options to make it play just like the classic games. But unfortunately the game was so dead mixed with the fact that they allowed BOT farming for XP that there were zero populated games available with old school rules. Just ppl that wanted to XP farm or play new shitty BF rules with classic maps.
Those lobby’s are dead af

adamsapple

excuse me, remastered bad company 2 ?

please tell me you're talking about the campaign being remastered ?

MrMephistoX

This piece of crap actually devalues Gamepass. It's pretty remarkable how badly EA has missed the mark when it comes to their flagship franchises.

Of course, if I am being honest only the Mass Effect trilogy and Jedi Fallen Order have been the only good games that have come from EA in the last 5 years. I've heard Titanfall 2 is good.

Other than that, EA is a pathetic waste of a publisher.
TBH DICE has a surprisingly good track record of fixing shitty launch games…Battlefront 2 went from WTF to one of my favorite games…but the underlying gameplay was always good. Does this just play like shit from the get go?

TBH DICE has a surprisingly good track record of fixing shitty launch games…Battlefront 2 went from WTF to one of my favorite games…but the underlying gameplay was always good. Does this just play like shit from the get go?
they fixed BattleField 4 also.

but no as a baseline BF2042 is NOT a good game. There's a lot of issues. But the biggest ones are the lack of real classes and the overly large maps

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I honestly don't know and don't really care. EA games are such complete and utter dogshit. Jedi Fallen Order and the Mass Effect trilogy Legendary Edition are exceptions to this rule.

Top Bottom