• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 RTX trailer

R6Rider

Gold Member
I love the idea of Portal, but just wonder how the hell will they manage to balance it with so many variables? Hoping for the best.
Most of the the weapon balancing will probably be done based on the original game balance. Further balances can probably be done by the custom match/server options. When it comes to the more wacky stuff like WW2 guns versus modern, that will be more dependent on the server settings.

I'll spend most of my time in Portal playing the general "remade" matches from past games and don't it will be a big issue.

Lethal01

We got Ray traced GI like 3 years ago in Metro and not one other big game has managed to give us the same treatment. It's always either reflections and some shadows which no one fucking gives a shit. For 30+ years I never cared nor do I know anyone that ever cared about best quality shadows in games. It's the most demanding and useless feature ever, especially in MP games where framerate > graphics.

Control did, Devil may cry gave us raytraced GI too.

Saying shadows aren't important is crazy though, blocky shadows or lack of shadows ruin any chance of realism.

Who in the fuck is making these trailers , the maps trailer was at like 20 fps and this in which ur promoting High end PC features is also at a slideshow at 1080p.
Big red flag boys get ready for a dissasterous launch

That was a bad trailer compared to others this series had got in the past. Some of those scenes had a chugging framerate.. and just overall weird editing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not missing the annoying gunfire-synced-to-music-beats editing. But it's pretty mediocre compared to the BFV RTX trailer from a few years ago. It's short and obviously scripted, but still a more effective trailer, I think. Also had better music.

Unstidtled.jpg

Can't have cheaters when cheats are already in the game.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Mister Wolf

Control did, Devil may cry gave us raytraced GI too.

Saying shadows aren't important is crazy though, blocky shadows or lack of shadows ruin any chance of realism.

Control and DMC did diffuse lighting not GI. Somebody pointed that out to me on here before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom