• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 screenshots leak!

Was it just a trailer? no Gameplay?
A teaser of sorts. You get an idea of where teh battles are going to take place. The kind of locales we'll see, what kind of battles we'll see etc.

I'm all for the setting. The geography is up my alley. Very BF3/4 looking maps. Back to modern warfare. I'm all for this.

Last edited:

Holammer

Screenshots actually made it look good, in-engine cinematic not so much.
Fucking pointy haired boss & marketing demanded something meme'able, so except soulless influencers trying to get GIFs of certain scenes to trend.

supernova8

Banned
Torn between two feelings. I guess it kinda looked good but it also seemed a bit over the top. Especially the jumping out of the jet and firing a bazooka thing, that sort of stuff is funny/fun because it's the sort of thing players came up with organically, it's not cool if the game creators put it in themselves.

Also looking at how many different character models there were on screen (with almost no consistency at all), I think they are going to be selling cosmetic stuff hard (gotta get that microtransaction money).

I'll reserve full judgement til we see actual gameplay on June 13th, but for now I give it a "hmmm".

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Fount it:

Meh, just some in-game bits here and there, thankfully the proper gameplay reveal will take place in just 4 days. But honestly, at times it looked more like CoD than BF, underwhelming, cross-gen...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dice figured out big map warfare, you’re an idiot if you don’t buy this game.
see ya goodbye GIF by WWE

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just watched the trailer at 4K 25% speed. Highly recommend. Game is a stunner while also being noticeably hardware limited/cross gen, if that makes sense.

Looks much better than I expected, but still, I know it will look even better later current gen only.

I missed these classic E3 bullshots.

Yeah remember these?
bf3_tank_sp-640x360.jpg

apps.18018.69271430660548627.c90235de-725c-43d6-b777-19f7f75295cc.98d5135d-b7b0-45b1-9829-36f09d3f534d

/s
Dice have always been masters of their craft. People eat crow every time they deny these games look stunning in realtime when the first trailers release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom