• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Won't Receive Any New Content Until March 2022, Leak Suggests

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The leak comes from temporyal, a well-known data miner in the Battlefield 2042 community, who states that there are 12 preseason weeks included in the Battlefield 2042 client.

This suggests that EA and DICE have no new content planned until season one arrives in March 2022. However, as stated by temporyal, it’s possible that some of the preseason weeks included in the client could be included as a “backup” and the developers don’t actually intend on making fans wait that long until the first season.

It also looks like a new map will be arriving with season one, with the final name reportedly being “Exposure”. The new map will be based around a landslide that has occurred around a Canadian-US research facility base. There will likely be plenty more content included in Battlefield 2042 season one, but we may be waiting quite some time for it.

But remember to take this information with a pinch of salt until it’s made official by the Battlefield 2042 team, as plans can always change behind the scenes.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
what the fuck... almost 6 months after launch for first content? dice will never learn... but im not surprised considering they are not allowed to give internal feedback because it might hurt some artists feelings

late- November
  1. December
  2. January
  3. February
  4. March

Launching anything in February would be suicide trying to claw back players.
March is actually a pretty good time to launch some new content.
As long as the patches keep coming till then thats fine.

January is alittle too soon, everyone will start expecting a 2 month turnaround for content.....3 - 4 months is about the sweet spot IMO three maybe four major content drops per year.
February is a death trap
So March it is.

In case you were wondering why February is a Death Trap.

• Life is Strange Collection
  • Dying Light 2
  • Dynasty Warriors Empires
  • King of Fighters XV
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Witch Queen
  • Sifu
  • Elden Ring
  • Saints Row
  • GTAV Nextgen - Not confirmed?

March theres only like what Gran Turismo 7 and Tiny Tina?

Kerotan

what the fuck... almost 6 months after launch for first content? dice will never learn... but im not surprised considering they are not allowed to give internal feedback because it might hurt some artists feelings
They clearly don't have the resources they need.. It's a shame.

RaptorGTA

Less this update is huge and adds a lot of content this game will be dead. So many games will be out and I would assume other games will have their update/content patches. Leas they have made drastic changes to pull the fan base back in few are going to care.

Concern

Evil Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

I'll just sit here and wait for march for the apologists to tell how there were no mistakes releasing this complete and not flawless masterpiece

DeaDPo0L84

They put out three solid patches and completely renovated the leadership at DICE. Game is in a much better state than launch, but waiting until March for new content is a death sentence.
This is pretty much what I was coming by to say. I want the game to succeed and their efforts to piece back together what has been broken since launch is commendable but a new content drought until March is...not good.

A.Romero

I'm glad they rather spend the resources in finishing the game. It's like they released an early access game with full price.

Evil Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

I'll just sit here and wait for march for the apologists to tell how there were no mistakes releasing this complete and not flawless masterpiece
This is what some of us have been saying. The game is unfinished and poorly tested. It needed another 6 months. But the defenders keep bringing up past BF launches and bugs. Bugs and servers are the least of these problems. The way this launch went down the game should've been 40 bucks early access.

Concern

This is what some of us have been saying. The game is unfinished and poorly tested. It needed another 6 months. But the defenders keep bringing up past BF launches and bugs. Bugs and servers are the least of these problems. The way this launch went down the game should've been 40 bucks early access.

Yup. Its ok if you're having fun with it. I had fun with the free trial but don't pretend like this shit show is ok. They had no sp to worry about and we still couldn't even get a scoreboard or voice chat in a 128 player game.

EDMIX

They put out three solid patches and completely renovated the leadership at DICE. Game is in a much better state than launch, but waiting until March for new content is a death sentence.

I agree with the patches and updates as this is getting updated faster then any BF title in history, but I disagree with waiting til March for that content as a death sentence.

I'd fucking arguing RUSHING IT OUT is one. Whats so sad about this whole thing, is we just got done with people talking shit about it needed more time, it needed a delay, they should have waited.....oh but rush the fucking updates now?

Yea...I think the gaming community needs help. To attack the developer for the game being rushed out...I can agree with that crititsium, to then attack em cause they are actually taking their time on content is a no win scenario.
Didn't they have like 4 or 5 studios working on this game? Guess they all worked together just to push this turd out before Christmas.

They normally have a lot of studios put out a BF title, that doesn't mean they'll rush out DLC, especially after a launch like this....imagine being at EA and telling them to take their time this time and focus on quality and then get attacked by gamers for actually suggesting a common sense thing. We can't go back in time to change what has happened with 2042, but they can focus on quality and make sure what ever they have planned makes sense for the BF community, i just don't think it makes sense right now to attack them on such a thing when the issue here was it being rushed out in the first place.

Bad to rush,
bad to take time too? the fuck? lol

Even as someone that is fine with 2042 and likes the game, I'm also ok with waiting for that content to be properly made vs rushed out to even avoid what happened with BF 2042's launch, shit I was ok knowing they skipped next gen launch, I just don't see any positive thing from attacking them for taking time and also attacking them for rushing the game. The gaming community needs lots of fucking help in this case as thats probably why you even see this shit get rushed in the first place, look at the damn comments on hearing they'll take their time..... but shit, we are suppose to believe many here would have been ok with BF 2042 being delayed and this is how you are reacting to just free dlc taking time?

Yup. Its ok if you're having fun with it. I had fun with the free trial but don't pretend like this shit show is ok. They had no sp to worry about and we still couldn't even get a scoreboard or voice chat in a 128 player game.
Theyll keep defending this and claim that its all overblown and they have fun. Go ahead and enjoy it but youre not convincing the masses. Without popularity... EA will pull the plug on this franchise as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When should they release the new content considering the game came out in late November?
And February is a death trap.
The whole game shouldve been released in March honestly. This is the situation THEY put themselves in. If they dont release any content the game is straight fucking barebones right now. Good luck on stretching those putrid ass maps all the way to March. If they wait till March they run the risk of players just never coming back and getting into other games. Most casual players wont touch this game if they cant get friends and buddies online with em. Theyve backed themselves into a corner to hope for the best.. 🤡🤑🤡🤑

bad to take time too? the fuck? lol
Did I say it was bad for them to take time? It's quite clear how they got all those studios involved to finish it before the deal line and they still missed the mark imo. I will give the game another try when more portal content comes out but I'm too busy with Halo Infinite to bother rn.

Haggard

Banned
Guess they do roadmaps like they do feature lists. ....
Learn from scratch with every new game.......

Last edited:

EDMIX

Did I say it was bad for them to take time? It's quite clear how they got all those studios involved to finish it before the deal line and they still missed the mark imo. I will give the game another try when more portal content comes out but I'm too busy with Halo Infinite to bother rn.

Hey nothing wrong with that btw, but I feel any delay makes sense if the want to avoid how this game launched with issues. We don't know what changed and for all we know, the feed back as been taken into account and has altered what they'd put out.

Think about it.

If people are saying they hate this and they hate that about the game and citing it being rushed, the content they already had planned might LITERALLY be maps of designs people just stated they hate, so for all we know they have chosen different designs, taken feed back and that moved it back a few months, weeks etc. I feel its worth it to get it right. We have other games to play in the mean time and I think this is the time they focus on quality and listening to the community.

Not rushing out content completely tone deaf to what the community is saying solely to keep getting sales. You'd complain about that too and rightfully so as I'd question that too.

Haggard Haggard probably, but after how this game was received I think it makes sense. Why make a road map on features you don't even know if the community wants? So I think it should come weeks or months after release when enough feed back as been given.

So if they look on Portal data and see many like BF3 maps, BF3 load outs etc, they might add in more BF3 maps, BF4 maps etc Its hard to guess what the community will gravitate towards and I think its better then some ironclad plan that ignores all feed back or something.

Last edited:
So what. People are wanting more of this shit? I thought they had plenty of technical/optimization issues to work through. I thought it was already dead. If players are eager for more content, they’ll come back for it because they need it.

OrtizTwelve

Battlefield is a dying franchise. At least, if this is the direction EA wants to go.

I played the 10 hour trial of 2042 on XBOX and overall it was very mediocre. This isn’t a game worth its retail price and I didn’t even finish the trial period before I deleted it from storage. There are better games out there to play.

From time to time I still play Battlefield 4. That’s a great game with a modern setting that just works and is fun. It still feels like battlefield. No gimmicks or anything. Just traditional battlefield.

2042 with the whole goofy characters as classes and the whole extreme weather thing is just dumb. Also, maps are so huge that you spend most of your time just running around. The whole game just doesn’t feel like it works. Everything feels cobbled together last minute.

EDMIX

Two months to implement a mere scoreboard.
This has to be the pinnacle of incompetence in videogames.

So it should be rushed out instead or? Plus if you look at the list, more then a scoreboard is being worked on.

I'd rather a realistic timeframe, then some rushed shit like what we got at release.

Take their time, focus on a quality updates.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
So it should be rushed out instead or? Plus if you look at the list, more then a scoreboard is being worked on.

I'd rather a realistic timeframe, then some rushed shit like what we got at release.

You do realize that a scoreboard is one of the most basic things that every online FPS has, for over 2 decades.
This is not some kind of advanced feature, super difficult to implement. It´s the bare minimum for an FPS and even that, they screwed up.

SJRB

Gold Member
You do realize that a scoreboard is one of the most basic things that every online FPS has, for over 2 decades.
This is not some kind of advanced feature, super difficult to implement. It´s the bare minimum for an FPS and even that, they screwed up.

Calm down with those brutal expectations, buddy! This is very toxic behavior..!

Making a videogame is hard! So thanks for the money and in the meantime we'll see what we can do, all right?

Last edited:

EDMIX

Thats nice.

All I care about is it returning and working correctly without being rushed, not going to complain about a feature returning, by complaining about it being gone prior, it sounds like a fucking waste of time and crying for the sake of crying.

It sucks that it was gone, I care more that its returning and its given the time to be done correctly. Its almost as if some of you are upset its returning and you have one less thing to complain about so you need to get it all out of the way lol

Its nice DICE is listening, its nice they are taking their time with the feedback and I don't see much of a point in trying to goal post to do this whole time machine complaining thing about the past lol Not even an acknowledgement of the series of updates and fixes, simply trying to be as negative as feasible.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Thats nice.

All I care about is it returning and working correctly without being rushed, not going to complain about a feature returning, by complaining about it being gone prior, it sounds like a fucking waste of time and crying for the sake of crying.

It sucks that it was gone, I care more that its returning and its given the time to be done correctly.

Stop trying to make excuses for incompetent devs.
The devs for every online FPS have managed to implement a working scoreboard, for over 20 years.
And this includes all Battlefield games prior to this one.

PaNaMa

Banned

Yes it should be rushed out, if by rushed out you mean one of the first things functional in the game, we're talking actual day 1in house internal studio play test 2 years ago. To patch it in now, is not and cannot be a rush job. You can't rush or fuck up a score board. There is no quality control or gamebreaking element to consider.

EDMIX

The devs for every online FPS have managed to implement a working scoreboard, for over 20 years.

Whos making an excuse? I literally stated "It sucks that it was gone".

I'm simply not focused on crying about this every time they fix something.

More focused on updates, fixes and corrections to the game that make it better, not being negative 100% of the time bud

P PaNaMa nah I disagree. It sucks it was gone, but I'd rather have it working, functional and ready then deal with another broken element. So I can't say there is no quality control or gamebreaking element, I'm not a software engineer have no clue what is going on with their code to pretend that was working weeks or months prior or something. I'd rather simply have it working later and delayed to be done right then rushed, but I'd rather have this entire game delayed for the time needed then this whole trainwreck tbh.

Should have never released this way.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned

100% this.

I would even say it's not so much incompetent devs as it is incompetent leadership, and lack of ownership , accountability and game direction. It is clear the people making the game do not *play* the game recreationally for fun. I think you will find very few dice employees play the game, and that I think has become more and more of a problem over the years with the franchise. I'm not saying this is something that applies to all games in general, but in a game like Battlefield if no one is playing the game and saying "you know what, I'm putting in a fucking scoreboard Monday" or "shit, we really need to add some more gun choices" or "why don't we have any cover in tactically significant areas of this map". If no one is playing it, no one is asking the questions, and no one is raising solutions. I believe this to be the case with DICE and Battlefield right now

Last edited:

Dibils2k

hmm this is really disappointing, i actually dont have many issues with the core game anymore but recently i been extremely bored of the same maps and mainly same weapons

like is scoreboard really gonna be the next big drop? lol

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Whos making an excuse? I literally stated "It sucks that it was gone".

I'm simply not focused on crying about this ever time they fix something.

More focused on updates, fixes and corrections to the game that make it better, not being negative 100% of the time bud

Of course you are defending these devs. You are siding against the consumers that are talking about missing features.
As if pointing out that a basic feature, that is as important as a scoreboard, could ever be described as crying.

Its good that they actually are listening and trying to fix some of the obvious crappy decisions. That being said ....its gonna take SO SO much more of that to fix that playerbase and community. They really shit the bed on this one.

Top Bottom