• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

Update:

Pumpkins said:
This should be put in the OP:

crash7800 (BF3 Community Manager) said:
Hey Guys - figured I'd better weigh in here.

So, first of all (and some of this has been covered) this is an old build and is definitely not representative of the final game. In fact, this is not even reflective of the HD capabilities of the platform.

Glad to see that you're all excited, but honestly this is probably doing more harm than serving "the greater good". People that see these videos and captures might not take the time to understand or appreciate the source and quality issues that using a dev build presents.

I'm getting bombarded with people asking me if this is what they should expect from their console copy of BF3, which, of course, it's not. So, the EA, DICE teams and myself are working to address these concerns instead of working on other things that you guys would probably appreciate more.

I understand that you're excited, but there is a reason, and a very good one, why we don't circulate this kind of stuff publicly.

PS - Not cool, bro. I've been up all night @_@

EDIT: I appreciate that there are lots of you that are still excited for the game and that this didn't make a negative impact on. I'm not surprised - the Reddit/battlefield3 community is one of the best and most informed online - always a pleasure to work with you guys :)

What I'm concerned about are people that stumble across this on YouTube or other sites where the context might not be in place. I think we can agree that without an explanation of what we're looking at, this isn't the best foot we could put forward.

Via Reddit
//Mod Edit:

Here are some videos and resized screenshots.

iktSQ.png

iamvin22 said:
Pumpkins said:
Another gameplay video from the pre-release 360 version:
http://youtu.be/gy-zK6ehIa8
Izayoi said:
Orignal:

XBox360
NYgkg.jpg

qNnqq.jpg

According to the dev who leaked it its the latest build for the 360.

This gen has gone on for 6+ years and it will most likely reach 8 years before next gen hits (excluding WiiU). Looking at the HUGE difference between the PC version of BF3 and the console version shows that developers need to move on. They're getting as much juice as they can out of the current hardware which is ancient by today's standards.

What say you?

dLMN8R

Good jesus fucking christ. It's an incomplete game and a shitty-quality capture.

If you think the game will actually look like that on 360, you're a fucking imbecile.

"But the PC version will still look better!"

Yeah. No fucking shit. This thread is still irrelevant and stupid flame bait.

KageMaru

I say only an idiot would compare a $800-$1000 PC to a $200 console. It shouldn't matter how it looks compared to the PC version, it should only be judged against other console games.

In that respect, I'm sure BF3 will be one of the best looking console games out on either system (not basing opinion on pics, waiting to see final game).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What have you done.

Does anyone really think DICE has forgotten how to make a great looking console game? I mean BC2 looks damn good on 360/PS3.

Let's wait for the beta.

The two right there don't look so bad considering it's a big conquest map multiplayer. But obviously way below the pc version, can't imagine anyone didn't expect that though.

Edit : this was written before that terrible first screenshot was added.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Extreme altitude gap, more like.

edit -oh wait, they're both 360? I thought we were getting a comparison. Nevermind.

Stoffinator

I'm happy with this gen so far and certainly do not want new $400+ consoles at this point and sure many others in the world do not as well.

At this point I don't really care when nextgen starts because I have zero interest in being an early adopter. Current gen is still just fine for me. If anything I'll probably buy a Vita to bridge the gap before a PS4/Xbox720/WiiU

The PC version looks better you say? Fuck it I'm not getting it at all now. In fact I bet PC sales to console sales will be like 1,000 to 1 because of this travesty.

SmokyDave

Agreed. Bring on new consoles.

dLMN8R said:
Good jesus fucking christ. It's an incomplete game and a shitty-quality capture.

If you think the game will actually look like that on 360, you're a fucking imbecile.

"But the PC version will still look better!"

Yeah. No fucking shit. This thread is still irrelevant and stupid flame bait.
You're pretty fired up about this, huh?

Proxy posted this in the other thread

[–]Felony 0 points 1 hour ago
You really need to learn how to do some decent video encoding. The quality is like real player from 10 years ago.

[–]dglazkov 5 points 1 hour ago
this was recorded off of a test kit. the program used to record isn't all about quality, only showing bugs to the developers to get the point across. the videos are 1:1 off the recorder.

[–]mmoser 3 points 55 minutes ago
/assumes you're a tester/
So when you find a bug, you submit videos of this quality?
Surely they have a better method in place.

[–]dglazkov 2 points 41 minutes ago
no, if its a gameplay bug a video is submitted. if it's graphical, a screenshot is submitted. this saves on bandwidth internally to get reports done faster

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Not that bad, if that's the final build, Yes, then there should be a little parity to catch up to the Master Race (try to equal or get close) with new consoles sooner rather than later

2005 "Locked" Tech vs 2011 "Open" Tech can't be equally measured

Better would be 360 vs PS3 version, PC is in a league all by itself...until next gen arrives, then we can compare, OK?

ClovingSteam said:
Hey if that gets you through the night, more power man.

can't you just spend the $400-500 you'd spend on the launch of a new console to upgrade your PC and play BF3 in all it's gloriousness? It's not like the console manufacturers not launching new hardware are depriving anyone of anything.

Fjordson

Wait wait wait wait

PC games are capable of better visuals than their console counterparts? Holy shit. Guess consoles are done once this news spreads. I know I'm throwing both of mine out later tonight.

Zeal

Banned
Wayyy too early to call anything on this, but I'll agree that I've had enough of the dinosaurs we call consoles nowadays. It's time to get the next generation started, and both the 360 and ps3 sucessors better be beastly. WiiU is already dead on arrival, as far as I'm concerned, and irrelevant.

Gravijah

ClovingSteam said:
Hey if that gets you through the night, more power man.

Improved graphics are nice, but if BF3 is a good game, it'll continue being a good game with inferior graphics.

Looks fine to me either way. Then again I spent the day playing Xenoblade with it's inferior graphics and thought it looked really good. I'm pretty content with console graphics.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
OR I could continue to not give a shit about the graphical divide because ultimately they're still the same game.

You could say that about a lot of multiplatform games these days, but not Battlefield 3.

glaurung

Fjordson said:
Wait wait wait wait

PC games are capable of better visuals than their console counterparts? Holy shit. Guess consoles are done once this news spreads. I know I'm throwing both of mine out later tonight.
Precisely. Who the fuck needs console versions of Ace Combat, Resistance, Dark Souls and Uncharted 3?

Oh, wait...

Card Boy

Banned
Consolites should just bite the bullet and spend the extra cash get a gaming PC, trust me you won't regret it.

For me it was like going from analogue to Hi definition digital television, i refuse to watch anything on a CTR tube TV anymore.

Top Bottom