• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 added to EA Access Vault

etta

my hard graphic balls
The best Battlefield now playable on current gen. EA Access, Xbox back compat keep on delivering.

vv9KxSZBDcb0A.gif

Trojan

Battlefield Bad Company 2 ruined me for a couple of months when it released. I got so hooked on the multiplayer and the campaign is boss. Everyone owes it to themselves to play that game.

EDIT: Etta, surely you are referring to BC2 when you say "Best Battlefield"? If you're referring to B3 then we might need to have a talk

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
To those that play BC2 and love it:

Why do you love it?
What makes it one of the best Battlefield games or best Battlefield multiplayer?

Cordial question.

Trojan

Why do you love it?
What makes it one of the best Battlefield games or best Battlefield multiplayer?

Cordial question.

Is Bad Company 2 worth checking out if you only want to play the campaign?

When I first picked up Bad Company 2, I was only interested in the campaign - I had hardly played Battlefield multiplayer before that. The campaign totally delivers. It's built around a cast you care about that are wise-cracking and it never takes itself too seriously. It's fast paced and drives for fun rather than a drab war narrative.

I loved it so much I then started with multiplayer and got hooked hard. The maps are amazing and the destructability is close to that of BF1. It also is really well balanced between all the classes and plays faster than recent BF games.

Anfony O

Why do you love it?

Cordial question.
Destruction is incredible. The new battlefields pale in comparison. Not just in terms of volume and magnitude but in terms of interaction. Honestly, it really felt as valuable tool while in the new ones it feels like more of a aesthetically addition.

Sniper: extremely satisfying to use, never felt the same after it

Maps: Beautifully designed, loved all of them to be honest.

To be honest the game just felt perfectly polished, and it was a blast to play. I just felt everything fit, which made playing the battlefields which followed extremely distressing.

RoKKeR

So great to return to BC2. Its design is much more simple and straightforward than what we see today, and the gameplay is better for it. That's why I think BF1 is the best BF in some time - it gets back to basics in a what that was so core to the Bad Company games that was lost in BF3 and BF4.

So happy to have it on the XBO and always accessible from now until many years in the future.

EA Access stays winning.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
you can just see in the bfstats page...around 800 people on pc, 400 on ps3, xbox 360 nothing.

Stats have been broken for a long while. I wouldn't put much faith in BC2statsverse and other places.

Sweet JESUS that aliasing.

Sub-720p 360 resolution BC will look like that, yes. PC version has anti-aliasing and 1080p+ resolution support IIRC.

Why do you love it?

Because it's the best in the series. Next question.

Rush mode was great (balance issues with objective harm aside). All the maps were pretty solid (outside of chokepoint issues). The game is straight up solid fun and NO BULLSHIT UNLOCKS. You unlock everything within 2-20 hours of playing. Rank then becomes what you level up for ~800 hours if you enjoy the game (unless on PC now a days with hacked servers that boost your XP gain). It was straight-up no-bullshit gaming. Something BF3-4-5/1 and other multiplayers could learn from.

Head.spawn

How populated is BC2? Worth downloading?

I will be doing campaign soon, but my BF1 trial finally ran out and I'm not buying that shit.

breakfuss

I called it! Was about to pick these up last week when they went BC but had a sneaking suspicion they'd be added to the Vault. AWESOME!!!!

That's awesome. I only just downloaded BC2 again on my PC and have been having a blast on multiplayer! Surprised to see there's still a bunch of activity there <3

There was a different thread about this the other day, I'm just going to say what I said in there

I purchased this over the weekend when I first heard it was up on LIVE.

It definitely does not hold up, Battlefield in 30fps is very rough, the tanks don't maneuver as well, even throwing down ammo and health crates are sketchy and slow.
Spotting with the select button ruins the playing experience (even though I had no problems with it in the past)

Sniping still feels awesome

There was not a big population, I don't see there really being one either, but I'll check back every now and then.

Edit: should have checked Vietnam, the best expansion Battlefield ever had (or is that....the nostalgia talking again)

Top Bottom