• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Ryuuga

Banned
Whenever I try to join the Caspian server w/ password I get a generic game error (code 1). Has anyone else encountered this?

Merino

Ryuuga said:
Whenever I try to join the Caspian server w/ password I get a generic game error (code 1). Has anyone else encountered this?
keep trying. Eventually you will be put into a queue. I'm now at 93th in the queue.

edit//
81st. It's going quite fast the queue.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ryuuga said:
That just means that they're in the post-game stat screen and arent in the actual game yet. Give it about 30 secs to a min and it'll work then.

Erasus

This runs like shit on my comp, games like Bad Company 2, MoH, TF2, UT3 etc all run fine.

I am getting drops that can be as bad as 20fps in 1080p....

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
ATI 4830 512MB

Dmax3901

Erasus said:
This runs like shit on my comp, games like Bad Company 2, MoH, TF2, UT3 etc all run fine.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
ATI 4830 512MB

Firstly this is a beta, secondly BF3 is far more demanding than any of the games you listed.

Merino

Lot's of Caspian EA server's now suddenly:

EA testing US MPUK #05 (West)
64 / 64
Caspian Border Caspian Border
Conquest Large
-
EA US Public 64 slot by i3D....
64 / 64 (49)
Conquest Large
EA testing EU MPUK #02
64 / 64
Conquest Large
NL i3D.net - AMSTERDAM FREE ...
64 / 64 (54)
Conquest Large
64 / 64 (46)
Conquest Large
EA testing US MPUK #04 (Cent...
64 / 64
Conquest Large
64 / 64 (46)
Conquest Large
EA testing EU MPUK #06
64 / 64
Conquest Large
EA Testing US i3D.net #1
64 / 64 (44)
Conquest Large
EA testing EU MPUK #01
64 / 64
Conquest Large
EA testing US MPUK #03 (East)

Erasus said:

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
ATI 4830 512MB

I have an i3 3.2 GHz, 6GB RAM and ATI 5670 512MB, and I envy your position. I don't understand why my performance is so much worse (a steady 30fps at 900p!)

pelican

I'm getting confused.

I didn't think Caspian was in the beta. Is there a sneaky way to get into it?

Curse not getting an early access PC code yet.

blahblah...blah said:
I have an i3 3.2 GHz, 6GB RAM and ATI 5670 512MB, and I envy your position. I don't understand why my performance is so much worse (a steady 30fps at 900p!)
Well you have a dual core and a slow GPU. What exactly did you expect?

big_z

Shai-Tan

Banned
Erasus said:

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
ATI 4830 512MB

spec looks ok except for the video card. im playing on a system with similar specs except I got a 6950 (hoping to get another soon for xfire)

Kermit The Frog said:
Well you have a dual core and a slow GPU. What exactly did you expect?

I fully admit the system is outdated, but is the 4830 better than the 5670? Ah well, soon enough I'll be getting an i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4GHz and GTX 570, so hopefully I'll be able to run everything on high then!

Shai-Tan

Banned
blahblah...blah said:
I fully admit the system is outdated, but is the 4830 better than the 5670? Ah well, soon enough I'll be getting an i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4GHz and GTX 570, so hopefully I'll be able to run everything on high then!

game probably just prefers quad core. i remember in bc2 when I had a dual core i could barely push 1680x1050 with a gtx 275 then when I switched to quad core (not even i7 or i5) it was smooth in 1920x1080

Bradach

Captain Bluey said:
Ultra noob question - just how do I get access to the PC beta?
it'll be available for everyone to download from tomorrow, 29th Sept. At the moment its only early access people playing.

Merino

And even more EA Caspian server's appear. Maybe they are preparing to go public with the Caspian servers?

Anyone know the pw to the EA server's?

Snookie

I played a bit last night. i havent really touched battlefield since the battlefield 2 demo. i'm running it on my Mac Pro 1,1 which i have a ati 5770 in it. It put all the settings on high which i was happy with, and it ran rather well. Not bad for a machine made in 2006.

I have to remind myself though that its not call of duty. its going to take some getting used to.

taoofjord

There's a ton of passworded caspian border maps now. There's no way they're not opening this up to the beta today. I hope they do it soon! I'm ready!

taoofjord said:
There's a ton of passworded caspian border maps now. There's no way they're not opening this up to the beta today. I hope they do it soon! I'm ready!
Oh man getting through work is going to be brutal today if they open up Caspian before I get home. LOL

Wow if I get a chance to play some conquest I will go nuts. Hnnnnggggg

I can't believe people are saying that Caspian was running better than Metro on their machines

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Snkfanatic said:
Wow if I get a chance to play some conquest I will go nuts. Hnnnnggggg

I can't believe people are saying that Caspian was running better than Metro on their machines

Sadly this wasn't the case for me the fps spectrum for metro/caspian for me :

Metro : 90-155+
Caspian : 60-100

Played on 360 for about 4.5 hrs last night. Its definitely a beta and a buggy one at that. After numerous messages "Failed to connect to EA servers" I'm able to get into to a game. This causes squading up to be nearly impossible. I've fallen through the map once, seen a player model stay at a 45º angle, most players that are prone are half way through the floor, the screen jitters, flickers and stutters at times, grenades cause some bushes to "stretch out" about 30'. The game hard locked on me once while in the menu attempting to join a match and froze once while switching sides.

Visuals for the beta aren't as nice as BC2 IMO, but it is just a 1.3Gb DL. I'm interested to see what the "HD Asset install" is in the final release.

Gun play feels pretty awesome with some minor hit detection issues. At this point this may be server related though.

The sound/audio is sublime. I did have one instance where the audio stopped coming out of my headphones but was playing on the TV. Cycling the power on my headphones corrected this issue. Is there a beta feedback thread on the EA forums some where?

As buggy as the beta is, BF3 is going to own me. Its hella fun!!

Phandy

DICE secretly leaked the password for their Caspian servers?
Or the fact that they all have the same password, and are visible, and joinable?

They DEFINITELY trollin' us now.

ii Stryker said:
Played on 360 for about 4.5 hrs last night. Its definitely a beta and a buggy one at that. After numerous messages "Failed to connect to EA servers" I'm able to get into to a game. This causes squading up to be nearly impossible. I've fallen through the map once, seen a player model stay at a 45º angle, most players that are prone are half way through the floor, the screen jitters, flickers and stutters at times, grenades cause some bushes to "stretch out" about 30'. The game hard locked on me once while in the menu attempting to join a match and froze once while switching sides.

Visuals for the beta aren't as nice as BC2 IMO, but it is just a 1.3Gb DL. I'm interested to see what the "HD Asset install" is in the final release.

Gun play feels pretty awesome with some minor hit detection issues. At this point this may be server related though.

The sound/audio is sublime. I did have one instance where the audio stopped coming out of my headphones but was playing on the TV. Cycling the power on my headphones corrected this issue. Is there a beta feedback thread on the EA forums some where?

As buggy as the beta is, BF3 is going to own me. Its hella fun!!

Indeed!
Did you notice players stretch when prone and crawling? Only seen it happen in the subway section. Pretty funny

Emily Chu

Banned
is it just me or does the game feel no where to be complete ?

as in Day 1 patch and a bunch of Patches the first month or so I expect

btw I reverted back to old drivers out of curiosity

Quad Core + 8800GT had to set everything on low on beta drivers ran @ 25-30 fps

but with the Stable old drivers I got Awesome FPS, 1080p @ 50-60 fps most settings medium to high... ran faster then BC2 on my comp

My theory ? the game, code, drivers, origin, battlelog are completely unoptimized.

This topic may have been discussed already, but are other people having graphical "chugs" when they are on terrain, especially close to rocks/on hills? Also, there are certain places in the maps where I'll almost get stuck in the ground. Just wanted to know if these things have been brought up.

They still have a month to work things out. This isn't Red Orchestra 2 with a small team of developers with only a week away from release while having a beta, DICE can get the game polished by release date. Believe.

Top Bottom