• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

vaelic

Banned
Shai-Tan said:
it may help to get an overclock guide for your motherboard specifically else look for a generic guide like q6600 overclocking (or whatever your chip is). if you're lucky there will be a guide with pictures of the bios in it

e.g. here's the guide for the motherboard in my old core 2 duo machine (p5b deluxe)

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=41

edit:

a generic guide (should work on core 2 quad as well)

http://forums.hexus.net/pc-hardware/103676-c2d-overclocking-guide-beginners.html
I have a quad core and the p5b mb. These links should help? I'm not at home ATM to dive in

SUBZERO-08 said:
What FOV are you guys using for the game?

Nabs said:

Can you change it in game? For some reason it's grayed out for me like this

Axn7W.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
MrBig said:
nLOhh.gif

Wish I could be playing this

What is going on there? Is he running to the chopper then a plane comes out of nowhere and smashes the whole thing?

I was guarding hilltop today and kept setting up C4 traps for on this one rock coming up the hill. And a guy kept coming and getting killed in the same spot. I think it was 4-5 times. Finally he got mad and started cursing in the chat box.

Also, we need a C4 marker on the HUD so we can see where we put it. And only show revive icons for nearer dead teammates. It does not help me to know someone is dead a mile away. Also, they need to give us a proper large overview map.

And they need to reduce the radio chatter to our nearby area. On caspian there is continuous chatter for stuff even going on across the entire map. I don't care you spotted an AT guy 2 miles away.

Emily Chu

Banned
BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Can you change it in game? For some reason it's grayed out for me like this

[/QUOTE]

everything ultra @ 1080p what kind of a card do I need non SLI to run smoothly at 60 fps ?

GTX 570 ? I hope ? 580 is like 500$ : (

349$ is my max budget

199$ - 249$ would be ideal

Emily Chu said:
everything ultra @ 1080p what kind of a card do I need non SLI to run smoothly at 60 fps ?

349$ is my max budget

I am running it with a gtx570, but it's only 40 fps. I will probably turn a few things down to get 60fps later but I need to enjoy the eye candy a little. :p

Emily Chu said:

349$ is my max budget

With a 570 it will probably get to that after a few driver releases. If you do not want to wait that long, 580.

Why your budget so small? Sell a kidney.

Complistic

my 560 ti does ultra but it gets about 10 fps less than I like to play with. I'm willing to bet in the retail game I'll be able to max it. Though I might turn down some AA just to get better fps.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Ok, stupid question time. I installed Origin and did everything I needed to get the game to basically run. Problem now is that I can't figure out how to change my graphics or game settings at all. I run the program from Origin and it logs me into Battlelog on my browser. I see no way to alter settings, and can only join servers. (Despite my E5200 CPU and GTX260, it actually ran surprisingly well in the default tiny window in which it was running.) It also seems to feel that I need to install what is currently a beta nVidia driver, although the game still runs without it.

leng jai

DarthWoo said:
Ok, stupid question time. I installed Origin and did everything I needed to get the game to basically run. Problem now is that I can't figure out how to change my graphics or game settings at all. I run the program from Origin and it logs me into Battlelog on my browser. I see no way to alter settings, and can only join servers. (Despite my E5200 CPU and GTX260, it actually ran surprisingly well in the default tiny window in which it was running.) It also seems to feel that I need to install what is currently a beta nVidia driver, although the game still runs without it.

You can change settings once you get into the server. Esc -> options.

Has anyone figured out how to use the AA tank?

I've been leading my targets and hitting stuff, albeit u never get any kills just vehicle disables, but one time I had it lock, and I have no idea how or what a lock actually does.

DarthWoo said:

You have to be in a game, spawned, and standing around somewhere to change options. Good luck getting everything changed before someone shoots you.

Most changes wont take effect until the map reloads.

Is there a server that gaf is playing on tonight?

Nabs said:
Grab notepad++ and open up the settings file in my documents/bf3 open beta. It's the body one. You'll find 70.0000 on line 3, just change the 7 to a 9.

Thanks, that did the trick. Weird that they grayed it out in the beta though when it's right there.

butts

I keep turning on motion blur but as soon as I save and back out of the settings, it goes back to off. What gives? I also have the same problem as the guy above, my FOV setting is grayed out.

Nekrono

butts said:
I keep turning on motion blur but as soon as I save and back out of the settings, it goes back to off. What gives? I also have the same problem as the guy above, my FOV setting is grayed out.
Gotta do it from the config file otherwise it won't go through.

butts

Nekrono said:
Gotta do it from the config file otherwise it won't go through.

I just saw that for the FOV fix, but is motion blur in there too? I saw the motion blur amount setting, but not the control to turn it on or off.

Nekrono

butts said:
I just saw that for the FOV fix, but is motion blur in there too? I saw the motion blur amount setting, but not the control to turn it on or off.
Try 0, maybe it turns it off, or 50 if you want the default amount.

Woo-Fu

Banned
AndyD said:
What is going on there? Is he running to the chopper then a plane comes out of nowhere and smashes the whole thing?

Pretty much. He's running to repair the AH-1Z when some noob jet pilot turns his aircraft into the world's most expensive guided missile. Good pilots will just gun you down, noob pilots will attempt to gun you down, fail, and then ram you because they don't pull up/away quick enough.

Nekrono

jokkir said:
Oh geeze, there are already hackers in this game...

http://i.imgur.com/bqTsw.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cEpMg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Should have done a better job hiding the name cause I can see it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is it possible to resize the hud elements? I can't see the chat or minimap very well when playing at 1080p on my TV but 720p is really blurry.

The M.O.B

32 people Caspian Border on consoles is not going to be fun, much as I hate to say it, they should've cut off 1 or two of the cap points on it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The M.O.B said:
32 people Caspian Border on consoles is not going to be fun, much as I hate to say it, they should've cut off 1 or two of the cap points on it.

Pretty sure console conquest maps are going to be smaller. At least I'd hope so. 32 player Caspian really does feel empty so I can't imagine 24.

The M.O.B

skullwolfgp said:
You mean 24 players.

O_O

WTF, I thought it was 32..............24 players................That's not even going to be worth playing.

Ysiadmihi said:
Pretty sure console conquest maps are going to be smaller. At least I'd hope so. 32 player Caspian really does feel empty so I can't imagine 24.

Oh okay, crisis averted.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Anyone getting kicked off servers? I join games but they kick me out in a minute or two. I want some more caspian.

Try setting your server filter for non-punkbuster games.

The M.O.B said:
Oh okay, crisis averted.

It is only 24 players max on consoles. Just the maps are smaller. Probably the same size as the 32 player maps for PC.

jokkir

Here's myvideo of that hacker (pretty bad video though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5MnzzvlwA0

Yes, my game was running really low in frames, was lagging like crazy (although I think that was due in part of frap's + the hacker + the computer), and that the textures weren't loading that fast. The computer I'm using is terrible.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Emily Chu said:
349$ is my max budget

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
I am running it with a gtx570, but it's only 40 fps. I will probably turn a few things down to get 60fps later but I need to enjoy the eye candy a little. :p

A GTX570 with a decent overclock can run this on ULTRA at above 60 pretty easily.

My GTX570 gets between 52 - 110 on Caspian Border on all Ultra.
The dips to 52 happen usually when overlooking the Checkpoint, or when a bunch of jets are doing their thing overhead, else it averages around 60.

Turning down(read as off) the MSAA increases the minimum to 67.

My Settings for Caspian are: All Ultra
MSAA: Off
Post AA: High

Honestly, MSAA gave me such a big hit, but I didnt see too much of an improvement visually over having Post AA on High, so i turned it down.

HBAO to SSAO also helps FPS on Caspian without hitting the visual quality much, as on Caspian you are outdoors so much you would barely notice HBAO:SSAO

jokkir said:
Here's myvideo of that hacker (pretty bad video though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5MnzzvlwA0.

I cant pick anything out of that video, that just looks like one giant glitch.

Top Bottom