• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The game must be or close to Gold. Since a couple of devs are leaving DICE.
Which is kinda normal so dont freak out guys

Woo-Fu

Banned
Dakota47 said:
Ditto, especially Sharqi. That was my favorite BF2 map. I hope the television building has a lot of inside space.

It may end up the best map to get Helicopter unlocks on since it shouldn't have jets or a Tunguska. The verticality of the central section of the map also makes it easier to break lock/dodge stingers than on Cereal Bowl.

Dakota47

Woo-Fu said:
It may end up the best map to get Helicopter unlocks on since it shouldn't have jets or a Tunguska. The verticality of the central section of the map also makes it easier to break lock/dodge stingers than on Cereal Bowl.

If it is true to the original it should indeed be a bulge-shaped map and not a bowl.

Mazdarati said:
Is this vid old? A-10 and Venom
It's a guy playing on a hacked 32 man Caspian server that has the UH-1Y and A-10 available to play.

I got a chance to play with the SU25. It's AWESOME!

Also, there seems to be some cosmetic structural damage. I was dogfighting an A10, and I clipped one of it's wings with a burst. The wing was pretty much shorn in two. I do think it was only cosmetic tho'.

And I hear the poster that talked previously about having a backlog, yet feeling like there's nothing else to play. Only 15 days away!

IMACOMPUTA

I have to say --

I was originally really upset with DICE for giving us Metro instead of Caspian..
But (atleast for us PC players) after being sick of metro, and quitting on the BETA only to get a weekend of Caspian 2 weeks before the game releases has my hype meter through the fucking roof.

That little taste of Caspian (or conquest in general) has me absolutely pumped for this game..

So.. well played? I guess!

iam220 said:
So the only thing missing than is working button mapping and sensitivity option? Doesn't sound very hard to implement.
Yeah, proper button mapping and separate sensitivity settings between infantry, ground and air vehicles. Those are what need to be looked at and implemented properly. I also couldn't figure out how to switch to 3rd person perspective in vehicles, but that is also a button mapping issue most likely. I just expect the 360 controller to plug in and work just as well as the 360 version of the game itself, not asking too much. Can't wait to see how the game handles controllers in the retail version.

Xux

EVIL said:
Will there be a way for ground troops to laser tag ground units like tanks and have a buddy jet pilot take them off?

what I want is a stronger connection with air support, requesting jets and heli's to your location by tagging tanks and other types of armor with a laser.

How cool would it be to sit in a squad and being pinned down by a tank, shoot off an RPG at the tank (to distract it) while having one squad mate flank the tank and tag it with a laser while waiting for a jet to pick up on it and pop a laser guided missile your way.

Recon can unlock SOFLAM for laser painting.

Xux said:
Recon can unlock SOFLAM for laser painting.

How DICE envisions the SOFLAM:

jamestheman: Air units this is Bravo Squad at Flag Checkpoint. We have an enemy Abrams assaulting our position.

Requesting air support.

Target is painted.

*bzzz* -- mark3944: Copy that Bravo Squad. JDAM incoming.

*BOOOOOM*

jamestheman: "AWWW YEAH FUCKING BADASS SHIT RIGHT THERE AIR SUPPORT FUCK YEAH"

*Flag Checkpoint Captured* -- *YOUR TEAM HAS WON!*

--------------------------------

What will really happen:

jamestheman: Air units this is Bravo Squad at Flag Checkpoint. We have an enemy Abrams assaulting our position.

Requesting air support.

Target is painted.

xXpro_sniper420Xx: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
nLOhh.gif

Top Bottom