• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Fault Line Series (Campaign Trailer) [Up 4: More Pre-Order Goodies]

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jtrizzy said:
Maybe you start out as a tester and move up...testing can be a good way to get your foot in the door. If the three month crunch they're hiring for wasn't now then I'd be applying.
You need to be talented and/or have lots of experience to get in DICE.
I lack both. (Plus i dont live in Sweden lawlz)

Anyway, wheres mah trailer?

EVIL

Jtrizzy said:
Maybe you start out as a tester and move up...testing can be a good way to get your foot in the door. If the three month crunch they're hiring for wasn't now then I'd be applying, and I live in the US. My job allows me to only work around 6 months a year, but those months are May through October.
being a tester is hardly the way to enter the field these days. You have to be already frigging good in either 2d, 3d modeling, animation, programming or good in game design. If you have nothing of the above and simply like playing games then you have no chance in hell to get in.

Manager

derFeef said:
At least 12 more hours I guess.

Dammit, the Planetbattlefield countdown is wrong then, says 30 min now. Sorry for the faulty time estimate on the last page to whoever it was. Dice people confirmed it's tomorrow on twitter anyway.

derFeef

Manager said:
Dammit, the Planetbattlefield countdown is wrong then, says 30 min now. Sorry for the faulty time estimate on the last page to whoever it was. Dice people confirmed it's tomorrow on twitter anyway.
Oh, I was going by the last trailer. Hm, maybe they know more.

Izayoi

Banned
Manager said:
Timer is giving me 8 hours from now, and I'm Pacific time.

Manager

derFeef said:
Oh, I was going by the last trailer. Hm, maybe they know more.

http://twitter.com/locust9/status/47738645192515585

Misfit 1-3 this is Waraxe, #BF3 Faultlines trailer 2 tomorrow, interrogative, you got sufficient coverage on the whole tissue front, over.

Tomorrow, Swedish time I suppose. The clock is now 11:45PM here, and I think the last trailer was released 7AM.

derFeef said:
So it is counting down to local midnight? (lol)

Yep, think the only official word is March 16th. derp derp

Arcipello

mr_nothin said:
Me I'm interested too!
I bet there was a lot of back n forth about which direction to take the game huh?

more about office politics and the like... the production was obviously a shitstorm that was clear to everyone.

funny story of them showing a demo to phil harrison and the heads of the studio telling him it was all on PS3 hardware..... then the game crashed revealing Windows desktop....woops!

Damn I thought the trailer would be out right now.

But look what I found on the front page of gamersyde while looking for the trailer.

339rmv9.png

:D

So where is that countdown? I'm going to search...

God I've been so hyped by the first trailer that I'm excited and waiting for the release of another TRAILER... god this game has me.

I bought Bad Company 2 for PC on the weekend and I had played single player previously and really disliked it, but the Multiplayer is fucking SPECTACULAR. As someone who has been burned out on COD, and hasn't played any BF online since BF2 and 2142, playing with the modern weapons with my computer is fucking amazing.

I decided to see what my PC could handle, so I cranked the res to 2560x1440 and pumped the AA to 8xMSAA and fuck me... it looks incredible, runs at a solid 60 fps with no matter how much going on.

I ended up not having dinner last night because I played straight through from when I finished work (5:30) until I went to bed (2:30am). F'kn if BF3 is going to be a major improvement over BC2, which I imagine it just has to be, then I'm even god damn MORE keen now.

The graphics of BC2 Multi just SHITS all over COD so SO SO SO SO hard it's not funny.

Helicopters are difficult to get good at.

RiverBed

Banned
Easily my most wanted game of the year. Hell, I am so consumed by it's shining light lust that I cann't even think about other games!

I want this so bad I'd kill an endangered animal to get it today!

lol

Fuck, DICE are my Dildo Gods this year! Hail the lube baby! Hail the lube, and I'm LOVING IT!

The only thing that could give me a heart-attack this year is seeing B3 on NGP with honest to goodness MP tech on the device's side.

*drools at the thought of a mobile B3 experience*

RiverBed said:
Easily my most wanted game of the year. Hell, I am so consumed by it's shining light lust that I cann't even think about other games!

I want this so bad I'd kill an endangered animal to get it today!

lol

Fuck, DICE are my Dildo Gods this year! Hail the lube baby! Hail the lube, and I'm LOVING IT!

The only thing that could give me a heart-attack this year is seeing B3 on NGP with honest to goodness MP tech on the device's side.

*drools at the thought of a mobile B3 experience*

Anything other than PC is sacrilegious to what this game offers.

2:30 in the morning over here in the UK atm, wonder when EA will release the new trailer. Hoping that when they do so either them or someone uploads it to youtube.

paskowitz

Arcipello said:
more about office politics and the like... the production was obviously a shitstorm that was clear to everyone.

funny story of them showing a demo to phil harrison and the heads of the studio telling him it was all on PS3 hardware..... then the game crashed revealing Windows desktop....woops!

Sounds like my work place, - the video games part. Shitstorms suck.

I'm going to say they probably won't release the vid due to what's going on in Japan, even though it's already out technically speaking.

Maybe they'll show something else! ^_^

Jtrizzy

EVIL said:
being a tester is hardly the way to enter the field these days. You have to be already frigging good in either 2d, 3d modeling, animation, programming or good in game design. If you have nothing of the above and simply like playing games then you have no chance in hell to get in.
I should say its been about 5 years since I did it, so I'm behind the times. I'd imagine you could still work your way up to a qa lead after a few soul crushing years in a dark room though!

Izayoi

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
So someone on OCAU said that their is a post on the battlefield 3 facebook that says it's tomorrow now.

If that is true I will kick shit.
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

DICE

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

Top Bottom