• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Fault Line Series (Campaign Trailer) [Up 4: More Pre-Order Goodies]

cackhyena said:
Play BC2 to get an inkling of how awesome DICE is. Just play it. MoH...just put it out of your mind.

The thing is i don´t have a capable gaming PC that can run the game so basically i am asking you guys because running from Medal of Honor online multiplayer i could have a biased opinion of DICE.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
arnoldocastillo2003 said:
The thing is i don´t have a capable gaming PC that can run the game so basically i am asking you guys because running from Medal of Honor online multiplayer i could have a biased opinion of DICE.

it's available for consoles.

Enkidu

Meus Renaissance said:
I haven't been following BF news at all. I have two questions, will the highlight enemy feature in Bad Company 2 be returning? I thought that was really where you could press select and a little orange cursor would be above them. And also, will there be squad and the different presets (Medic, Assault)
I'd say all of those will return, they are standard BF features at this point. The spotting might be a bit different though, In BF2 it only marked enemies on the map and not with actual arrows in the game and since this is a mainline BF game they might follow up from there. I kind of doubt they'll go back to that system personally though.

Bad Company 2 can be played well on consoles and trust me, it's much better than MoH. Basically, Battlefield is the type of game Dice likes to make, while MoH was trying to be like CoD and obviously they weren't very good at that.

Pete Rock

Bad Company was their effort to put a console spin on the series and see if they could have success with the franchise in that market, you can play both iterations on PS3 or 360, so you are in luck.

As Enkidu mentioned it seemed the design for MOH was set in stone before DICE had anything to do with it, they just executed what they were asked to do. I'm sure they probably learned a few things relative to what they've had going on in BF/BC for years, even if nothing about it was very good.

Stallion Free said:
Damage is done. You upset one of the Mumble server gods. Not a wise thing to do my man.
plugin-container2011-0tjwo.png

Oh Sorry i misunderstood i though you were telling me to play BATTLEFIELD 2 instead of BAD COMPANY 2 and yeah i played Bad Company 2 and like the online multiplayer, so we are good if DICE is making it more ala Bad Company 2 in Battlefield 3 for consoles, thanks everyone.

Arcipello

Oh Sorry i misunderstood i though you were telling me to play BATTLEFIELD 2 instead of BAD COMPANY 2 and yeah i played Bad Company 2 and like the online multiplayer, so we are good if DICE is making it more ala Bad Company 2 in Battlefield 3 for consoles, thanks everyone.

rest assured it wont be like Bad Company, im guessing its going to to be much more realistic in terms of gameplay with a lot more focus on teamplay. squads worked WAY WAY better in BF2 than they do in BC2.... real teamplay just happened in BF2, i rarely ever see that in bad company.

Saw the live demo at PAX... the rooftop sequence with the sniper firing at you was awesome. It was intense, hearing the sniper fire and seeing part of the concrete barrier you're hiding behind explode.

Enkidu

Arcipello said:
rest assured it wont be like Bad Company, im guessing its going to to be much more realistic in terms of gameplay with a lot more focus on teamplay. squads worked WAY WAY better in BF2 than they do in BC2.... real teamplay just happened in BF2, i rarely ever see that in bad company.
It will be more like BC2 than MoH though, which was what he was asking about. While Battlefield 2 might give a better perspective than Bad Company 2, if you have played BC2 you will probably have a pretty good idea of how the game will play.

Arcipello

Enkidu said:
It will be more like BC2 than MoH though, which was what he was asking about. While Battlefield 2 might give a better perspective than Bad Company 2, if you have played BC2 you will probably have a pretty good idea of how the game will play.

i never played MOH multiplayer, it looked like a very forced COD clone, felt sorry for DICE being part of that:(

Phloxy

The damage isn't scripted because some COD fan said they were. So the dev loaded the demo back up and wrecked shit. Buildings cars everything. Glorious.

Also, best part of the whole demo, was when he had the heavy machine gun, it was extremely inaccurate when he was running trying to shoot from the hip, he had to shoot out cover near his feet, lay down, and take out the bi-pod to have any decent accuracy. LOVE IT.

Cuban Legend said:
No, DICE are making it more ala Battlefield 2, since this game is BATTLEFIELD 3.

That is why we can have faith in DICE.

Aren't BFBC2 and BF2 fairly similar in countenance though? Wouldn't it be fair to break it down like this:

Battlefield 2
  • No SP campaign
  • 64 players
  • Large open maps
  • Jets
  • Commander
  • Prone
  • Non destructible environments

Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • SP campaign
  • 32 players (PC)
  • Tight channeled maps
  • No jets
  • No commander
  • No prone
  • Destructible environments

Battlefield 3
  • SP campaign
  • 64 players (PC)
  • Large open maps
  • Jets
  • No commander
  • Prone
  • Destructible environments

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This week ShopTo will release a Retailer Exclusive 'Battlefield 3 Frostbite 2' trailer.

The guy said he received the E-Mail on Friday 11 March, 21:38.

C1MWb.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
So do I make a new thread or update this one and scrub all of the current images to links in order to make room for the new stuff?

Arcipello

Izayoi said:
So do I make a new thread or update this one and scrub all of the current images to links in order to make room for the new stuff?

would be nice to get a fresh start i guess, this thread is going to get VERY bloated otherwise.

Izayoi said:

I'm guessing if you update this thread a mod will move it to a new one for you, so make a new one imo.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Since the next console generation is 2-3 years away I'm building a PC and getting into that side of things. I cant freaking wait for this game. Now to build something that will run it on high settings lol

I wonder if I'm going to have to build a new PC. I think I may need a new gfx card, if I'm going to want to run it at the highest setting. Everything else should be good.

Phloxy said:
The damage isn't scripted because some COD fan said they were. So the dev loaded the demo back up and wrecked shit. Buildings cars everything. Glorious.

Also, best part of the whole demo, was when he had the heavy machine gun, it was extremely inaccurate when he was running trying to shoot from the hip, he had to shoot out cover near his feet, lay down, and take out the bi-pod to have any decent accuracy. LOVE IT.

That machine gun story had better not be an exageration!
I will hold you personally accountable for my crushed hopes if it is.

Anyhow, reading this made me extremely happy, here's hoping that the assault rifles will have a lot of spread from recoil and that smg's/pistols will be less effective against body armor and at range.

Hayvic

Izayoi said:
It really is incredibly how much of a difference just a little distance can make.

I don't understand however why the seem to use several microphones for the same distance. Anyone?

Izayoi

Banned
Hayvic said:
I don't understand however why the seem to use several microphones for the same distance. Anyone?
I would imagine that it's for the war tapes vs. normal audio options.

War tapes uses a more "realistic" and "gritty" audio track than the clean normal one. It's loud and often blown out.

witness

Going to preorder this today, will not miss out on the extra maps. One of two games I'm actually buying this year and not gameflying.

witness said:
Going to preorder this today, will not miss out on the extra maps. One of two games I'm actually buying this year and not gameflying.

I would absolutely love to pre-order this, but it's not on Steam yet. :-(

Is there any word when / if it will be up for pre-order on Steam?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
ColonialRaptor said:
I have a mother load of questions for you. I hope you're still checking this thread in order to answer them. If you don't answer in a couple of days I will PM you to ask you to come back - but by then the second part to the video will be out for our viewing glory - but I'll still want these questions answered if possible :)
I haven't seen the game but I doubt you are going to see destruction as detailed as you are describing. Things like debris remaining and incremental wearing down of cover would carry a heavy bandwidth load as you have to send that information to everyone. They said they have streamlined the destruction code, but I doubt it is to that extent, especially given the sheer number of buildings that are present in the maps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if i should apply.
I have nothing to offer... but you never know, maybe the mess up with the resumes? And instead of someone awesome they hire me! :0
It could happen.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Or i could be the 'guy who posts metacritic 10/10 review'.
EA like those.

SneakyStephan said:
I tried that once, but while I was waiting for my interview the homeless guy in front of me walked out mumbling something about 'overqualified'.
So much hate on Marketing. ;)

Jtrizzy

Fersis, I'm sure you could get a tester job, but don't you already work for a game company. I used to be a tester for GRAW 2, and would would love to do this if June through October wasn't my busiest times of the year.

I wonder if any of the testing goes on in the States, or if it's all at DICE.

Phloxy said:

Cool.

Are you saying the bipod isn't just decoration (BF2), but an actual thing you can pull out that works like a bipod would (RO2)?

Biggzy

Phloxy said:

Haha that guy got owned.

VibratingDonkey said:
Cool.

Are you saying the bipod isn't just decoration (BF2), but an actual thing you can pull out that works like a bipod would (RO2)?

From what I could tell, no. Looked like he just went prone and that was enough to increase accuracy.

Fersis

Jtrizzy said:
Fersis, I'm sure you could get a tester job, but don't you already work for a game company. I used to be a tester for GRAW 2, and would would love to do this if June through October wasn't my busiest times of the year.

I wonder if any of the testing goes on in the States, or if it's all at DICE.
Yup was working as gameplay programmer but im currently unemployed looking for a game design position.

Locust9 said:
ODG 6 actual this is Waraxe, asset is in the rack and ready for deployment. Recommend you observe everything west of the virtual MSR, out

Jtrizzy

Maybe you start out as a tester and move up...testing can be a good way to get your foot in the door. If the three month crunch they're hiring for wasn't now then I'd be applying, and I live in the US. My job allows me to only work around 6 months a year, but those months are May through October.

Top Bottom