• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
Okay my good man, shed some light on which games you find has the best gunplay then. No, I'm not talking close to reality and all that BS, I mean enjoyable to use over long periods of time.
COUNTERSTRIKE!!

I've played the game for over 60 days (total gameplay time) and it's STILL enjoyable no matter when I launch the game. It can be right after a session of BF2/MW2/Uncharted 2/BC2/MOH or any of that and it still feels just as good as before. It never falters.

But ummm, this is why Cuban said the COD comparisons belong in the other thread.

Mr. Snrub said:
I still have my doubts about BF3's netcode, but a lot of COD's great gunplay is netcode + 60 fps. If they tighten up the netcode, there really isn't anything stopping it from equaling or exceeding (PARTICULARLY in sound...still hate COD's sounds) COD.

But again...netcode. The weapon models and handling in BF3 are fucking superb.
I'm pretty sure that this is what they are referring to. The netcode...the feel of actually hitting someone and having "instant" feedback.

BF3 netcode is top tier. Well, at least it was in the Alpha....

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:

You won't catch me in any VS games thread. But I'm at a loss, I was commending BF3 not trolling it or is that it self a troll? saying good stuff about BF3?

mr_nothin said:
Nope...
Just no...
Nuh Un...
No way...
Does not compute.

A nothing post. I always wondered if people do this purposely or is it just coincidence when peoples username dictates their posting formula.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
This was a worth a chuckle or two. Really sad if you actually believe this though. Fun? ...sure. Best? ...not even close.

To some people fun equals best at its core, but really end of the day its a positive statement, no need to go all anal all up in that.

Sethos

Banned
mr_nothin said:
COUNTERSTRIKE!!

I've played the game for over 60 days (total gameplay time) and it's STILL enjoyable no matter when I launch the game. It can be right after a session of BF2/MW2/Uncharted 2/BC2/MOH or any of that and it still feels just as good as before. It never falters.

But ummm, this is why Cuban said the COD comparisons belong in the other thread.

Yes, shooting from the hip was a lot of fun when I was young.

I enjoyed Counter-Strike, yes the gunplay was good admittedly but it ain't got shit on current-gen titles if you single out that aspect.

And I wasn't disputing the fact about Call of Duty vs Battlefield belonged in the linked thread, it was his comment to it, calling him a troll for it.

Nabs

mr_nothin said:
COUNTERSTRIKE!!

He called Sanjay a troll for saying good things about BF3.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
So was recoil...

Nabs said:
Good or bad, COD comparisons should be in the other thread because it leads to huge derailments. It might have been a compliment in his mind but I think it's disrespectful to BF3.

Sethos said:

I enjoyed Counter-Strike, yes the gunplay was good admittedly but it ain't got shit on current-gen titles if you single out that aspect.

And I wasn't disputing the fact about Call of Duty vs Battlefield belonged in the linked thread, it was his comment to it, calling him a troll for it.
You didnt just dispute the "him calling him a troll" part...you went on to say BF3 was umm....'on par' with COD now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't want to read about that pos cod in a BF thread... it's fucking annoying.

Sethos

Banned
mr_nothin said:
You didnt just dispute the "him calling him a troll" part...you went on to say BF3 was umm....'on par' with COD now.

Because I wanted to point out it wasn't a troll comment and I agreed with him.

I didn't slag any of the games, put them both on a positive light, why the fuck would that be garbage thread worthy - Sensitive much? I love both games.

And if you are against derailments, don't throw shit on the tracks - Just leave it be, that tends to keep the train rolling.

Now should we get back to discussing nothing new regarding BF3 and stop calling each other trolls based on genuine opinions?

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
Because I wanted to point out it wasn't a troll comment and I agreed with him.

I didn't slag any of the games, put them both on a positive light, why the fuck would that be garbage thread worthy - Sensitive much? I love both games.

And if you are against derailments, don't throw shit on the tracks - Just leave it be, that tends to keep the train rolling.
EDIT:
nvm...
Opinions and all that jazz

mr_nothin said:
Good or bad, COD comparisons should be in the other thread because it leads to huge derailments. It might have been a compliment in his mind but I think it's disrespectful to BF3.
Haha, oh no, it's disrespectful to compare BF3 to one of the best FPS franchises in the last decade.

:\

Jeez, come on, guys. These elitist BF3 > COD opinions are what's just de-railed this, not the guys initial compliment about BF3 by comparing it to a game he loves.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

Yours isn't worth more than the next guy's.
Take your own advice ;)
Foliorum Viridum said:
Haha, oh no, it's disrespectful to compare BF3 to one of the best FPS franchises in the last decade.

Jeez, come on, guys. These elitist BF3 > COD opinions are what's just de-railed this, not the guys initial compliment about BF3 by comparing it to a game he loves.
No elitism over here. I enjoy COD as much as the next COD fan. Just because I didnt think his statement was true doesnt make me an elitist.

Nabs said:

Maybe I'm wrong but i detected a bit of sarcasm in that statement Sanjay made in his 'praising' Battlefield for "actually reaching a level playing field alongside COD's long established higher place" in regards to the 'weapon feel' which lead me to label it as a stealth-troll, this of course was influenced by my witnessing first-hand Sanjay's trolling nature, hence why I assumed as much.

Cuban Legend said:
Maybe I'm wrong but i detected a bit of sarcasm in that statement Sanjay made in praising Battlefield for actually reaching a level playing field alongside COD in regards to the 'weapon feel' which lead me to label it as a stealth-troll, knowing Sanjays trolling nature I assumed as much.
I consider COD the current standard for gunplay, after Counter-Strike, so I can believe someone saying that sincerely.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Since when does 60 fps and competent shooting mechanics = "gunplay"?

How long have some of these guys been playing FPS's?

Sethos

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:

Well said.

Now can we move on?

Sanjay

mr_nothin said:
So was recoil...

You are making the comparisons in your head, to justify or unjustify not even a word but what ever. You people make no sense to me, "Disrespectful to BF3" what horseshit manure is this. Games don't have feelings people do and it seems you meant disrespectful to hardcore anal people and not BF3. If BF3 was a person he would loving this love right now.

Cuban Legend said:
Maybe I'm wrong but i detected a bit of sarcasm in that statement Sanjay made in his 'praising' Battlefield for "actually reaching a level playing field alongside COD's long established higher place" in regards to the 'weapon feel' which lead me to label it as a stealth-troll, this of course was influenced by my witnessing first-hand Sanjay's trolling nature, hence why I assumed as much.

I accept your apologize.

Kyaw

Sethos said:
Now for something completely different - First I heard of it, sauce? I'm intrigued!

From the Battleblog #6:

The arsenals of U.S. Marine Corps and the Russian Army are both featured prominently in the game, since those are the sides you play in both single and multiplayer.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sanjay said:
You are making the comparisons in your head, to justify or unjustify not even a word but what ever. You people make no sense to me, "Disrespectful to BF3" what horseshit manure is this. Games don't have feelings people do and it seems you meant disrespectful to hardcore anal people and not BF3. If BF3 was a person he would loving this love right now.

That's redundant... kind of like comparison talk when there's already a comparison thread.

Sethos

Banned
Kyaw said:
From the Battleblog #6:

The arsenals of U.S. Marine Corps and the Russian Army are both featured prominently in the game, since those are the sides you play in both single and multiplayer.

Fantastic. People said the Battlelog was quite rubbish this time so I skipped it :p

Hopefully it has a meaty part with the Russians, not just a quick "See through their eyes" part.

Nabs said:
I wish you were in Mumble during the alpha

Bah, I know. Despite the amount of hours it logged in my account, most of them weren't by me, they were by others playing my game while I was at work D: Didn't get to play nearly as much as I wanted, and when I did, it wasn't for long periods of time. Got into a few games with Spl1nter on Mumble the last day, I think, but even that was pretty short.

Sethos said:
Now for something completely different - First I heard of it, sauce? I'm intrigued!

Certain this has been known for a while. They announced around E3 that it will follow the ol' standard "two intertwining storylines" that COD/MOH used.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Guilty as charged. Your thoughts?

Completely useless class to play. Scope sway/mouse acceleration (something really funky) with shoddy hit detection made for a horrible experience. Getting hitmarkers when you hit a prone player in the head but do not kill them is frustrating. Bullet drop was also different from BC2 and weird. Seemed to be over exaggerated. The 12x scope was horrible but apperently its completely different now according to demize.

Sanjay said:

I accept your apologize.
Don't get ahead of yourself there son, I didn't ever apologize for what I said in that post. Read Carefully and you wont find any "I'm sorrys".

I only stated that i might be wrong with my assumption, since I'm not a mind reader. Though, knowing you I'm almost positive you were trolling, you can deny it all you like in this thread, however due my interactions with you in the past I will not change my stance on the matter.

Sethos

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Completely useless class to play. Scope sway/mouse acceleration (something really funky) with shoddy hit detection made for a horrible experience. Getting hitmarkers when you hit a prone player in the head but do not kill them is frustrating. Bullet drop was also different from BC2 and weird. Seemed to be over exaggerated. The 12x scope was horrible but apperently its completely different now according to demize.

Agreed. The only experience I had with the Recon class was when I accidentally tabbed during scoreboard / death and picked some random class. There was barely any correlation between the scope and where the bullets went, felt like you were holding a BB gun at times and what looked to be fatal shots barely made the other player flinch or even move from his position to get in cover.

They definitely have some work there to sort it out.

Kyaw

Or maybe they want the Recon class to be like that to nerf them? o_O

Nostalgia~4ever said:
easier said than done because people bitched it was too powerful in BC2 so DICE made changes for BF3. Whatever DICE do, people wont be happy about the sniper class.

Hehe, the EAUK forums man... you can't get worse than that.

Sethos said:
They definitely have some work there to sort it out.

easier said than done because people bitched it was too powerful in BC2 so DICE made changes for BF3. Whatever DICE do, people wont be happy about the sniper class.

Sethos

Banned
Kyaw said:
Or maybe they want the Recon class to be like that to nerf them? o_O

I'm sure they know the marksman-segment of their fanbase wouldn't let that slide under the radar :p I wouldn't mind as I usually hate marksmen in games, they tend to ruin the overall flow but I'd bet a hundred dollar bill on DICE making them a lot more effective come retail.

Though, I'm not expecting leaps and bounds as they want to give them less power. Right now it's just a tad too underpowered.

Kyaw

Maybe with bigger maps, they will become more efficient?

I don't really play as Marksman either, more of a medic/engineer/vehicle player. As long as more people don't choose to be useless bush campers, i don't care what DICE do.

Spl1nter said:

Ah, yeah, I did read Demize's tweet about the fixed 12x scope. I played Recon once or twice, but really just to try all the classes, so I didn't get far with it.

Have they said anything officially about the mouse acceleration? There definitely was something just a bit "off" about the mouse movement.

And was I imagining this, or was the scope glare for any weapon using a magnified sight, not just recon/sniper rifles? I swear I saw some shine from people standing with a regular rifle.

Sethos

Banned
Kyaw said:
Maybe with bigger maps, they will become more efficient?

I don't really play as Marksman either, more of a medic/engineer/vehicle player. As long as more people don't choose to be useless bush campers, i don't care what DICE do.

I don't think it had to do with the map, they just need to tweak the shooting mechanics a bit because you felt like you had no control over the bullet, no idea where it went and what you had to do to get a kill-shot. A slight tweak and it's all good.

LordCanti

I found the sniper rifles in the alpha to be fine. I didn't have any problems with mouse acceleration, or anything like that. When I held shift (to hold my breath) and lined up the crosshairs, I usually got the guy I was aiming at. If anything, it just wasn't much of a worthwhile class because of the low damage the rifles were doing. I could pump 3-4 shots into a guy with the G13 (even at range) in a split second, but trying to line up a third and fourth sniper shot was kind of a stretch. People tended to dive behind cover after the first hit.

They need to get the damage somewhere between BF3 alpha and BC2. One shot shouldn't bring a guy down (except in the head, or maybe in a specific hit box over the heart), but it shouldn't take three or four shots either.

Also: There was a mumble server going during the alpha? Is it going to be up during the beta? No one was really voice chatting in the gaf group in battlelog, but now I'm wondering if everyone wasn't just on mumble.

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:
Don't get ahead of yourself there buddy-boy, I didn't ever apologize for what I said in that post.

You were wrong in your assumption and I thought you apologized for calling me a troll.

Also would like to point out that this is a contradiction.

Cuban Legend said:
I only stated that i might be wrong with my assumption, since I'm not a mind reader. Though, knowing you I'm almost positive you were trolling, you can deny it all you like in this here thread and I will not change my stance on the matter.

I still don't get why you would think that though, like who I'm I trolling for? by making that statement?

And I would have to agree with the sniper class talk, kind of a useless class right now so it will be by far the most played class come post release! see now that's a troll statement! for my hatred to all sniper players except Spl1nter, he snipes you from 10 feet away so its really your own fault.

Nabs

Kyaw said:
We gonna tear shit up when Beta comes.

Get your mics and Mumble ready for that day!

I can't wait.

LordCanti said:
Also: There was a mumble server going during the alpha? Is it going to be up during the beta? No one was really voice chatting in the gaf group in battlelog, but now I'm wondering if everyone wasn't just on mumble.

The Mumble server is always up. We didn't use it as much during the alpha since the squad/team situation sucked ass. The beta will be a different story.

Spl1nter

Nostalgia~4ever said:

Only issue with sniper rifles was the 1hk body shot. It allowed shit no skilled players to snipe and be effective at close-medium range. This is coming from a player who primarly sniped in that range. You remove the 1hk body shots and the issue is gone.

But honestly, people didnt even complain about that. They complain about wookies who kill 5 people in a round and how it was so easy for them to get kills. (issue with the players) Notice the irony in that statement. People snipe because they dont like getting killed in battle. The sniper scope glare is the perfect way to combat this.

belvedere

Junior Butler
My Alpha memories are fading fast, but does anyone remember if the parachutes worked?

Since I rarely ever made it to the final zone, I can't remember when jumping out of the two story buildings.

LordCanti

belvedere said:
My Alpha memories are fading fast, but does anyone remember if the parachutes worked?

Since I rarely ever made it to the final zone, I can't remember when jumping out of the two story buildings.

I'm pretty sure there was no parachute in the alpha. I could be wrong though.

Menelaus

Banned
belvedere said:

Not sure but I once died from fall damage from jumping off a 3 foot fence.

Can some of you guys in the beta list what settings you're playing on, what kind of FPS you're getting, and the main components of your PCs?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how demanding this game is.

belvedere

Junior Butler
BrokenEchelon said:
Can some of you guys in the beta list what settings you're playing on, what kind of FPS you're getting, and the main components of your PCs?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how demanding this game is.

A few pages back a couple of us (I was one of them) did exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom