• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
zugzug said:
What the hell is with origin store. I goto the website I click the login button at top right and website just slams on blank white page. argh.

Yeah I get that bug all the time. You have to click on register instead and then logout at the top right. After that you should be able to login properly. The website is really terrible for all the account stuff. Some links are on somes pages but there is no consistancy.

Menelaus

Banned
So has game pad support with no assist been confirmed before this tweet? Hadn't heard anything definitive.

62Aka.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Menelaus said:
So has game pad support with no assist been confirmed before this tweet? Hadn't heard anything definitive.

http://i.imgur.com/62Aka.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's how it should be. If you want to use a gamepad, you shouldn't be helped by the game.

Menelaus said:

62Aka.jpg

What the fuck am I reading? Someone has played BF3 Alfa with a gamepad? On the multiplayer? REALLY?! Why, God, why someone needs to do this? It's obvious that KB+M win gamepad on any day.

Menelaus said:
Some people are hard headed that way. I'm honestly interesting in having the pad there for flying controls.
Me too. Admittedly, I've not been playing BC2 for long (10 hours logged according to Steam), but I cannot for the life of me fly a helicopter. At all.

Which sucks, because I really want to. If I can have a pad plugged in to use for just flying, that'd be awesome.

Menelaus

Banned
I used to use a real joystick in BF2. Admittedly, I was about 30% as effective as circle-strafing m/kb pilots, but I had a hell of a lot more fun!

Menelaus said:
Some people are hard headed that way. I'm honestly interesting in having the pad there for flying controls.
Yeah, for flying it is OK, but I don't remember any jets or helis being present during the alfa.

Radec

The_Player said:
What the fuck am I reading? Someone has played BF3 Alfa with a gamepad? On the multiplayer? REALLY?! Why, God, why someone needs to do this? It's obvious that KB+M win gamepad on any day.

Maybe some people are a better player while using a gamepad. no ?

Kyaw said:
I was really good at flying in BC2 on PS3 but sucked balls with m+kb on pc...
Yeah I was good at flying in 1943, but trying to use KB/M to fly just seems impossible at the moment.

I've been kicked from a server when I tried to fly a helicopter with some other guys in it and crashed, hahaha.

Nekrono

Menelaus said:

62Aka.jpg
oie_10163552g77jgbrw4okr.jpg

I'm by no means using a controller but it would be cool to have it plugged in just for jets, choppers, etc.

Seriously, fuck the guys who wants aim assist on a PC FPS. I have no idea why he's playing with a gamepad in the first place. For actual on foot fighting M/KB is far superior though I could understand if people used them for vehicles only.

LordCanti

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah I was good at flying in 1943, but trying to use KB/M to fly just seems impossible at the moment.

I've been kicked from a server when I tried to fly a helicopter with some other guys in it and crashed, hahaha.

You've really got to fly it like it is a helicopter. You tip it forward to go faster, and back to slow down, while using the D and A keys to turn, and W to rise. I see a lot of people trying to use the mouse to gain altitude, and that just doesn't work. What's worse, they hit S thinking it will take them backwards, when it really just takes them down and crashes them.

I might go in an empty server to practice, cos I feel bad when I hog a helicopter in a normal server.

I doubt I'll ever be one of these fuckers who somehow picks me out in a helicopter when I'm running around and lands a rocket right on my head, though!

Stallion Free said:
That's how it should be. If you want to use a gamepad, you shouldn't be helped by the game.
Sounds good to me, I am just really happy pad support is in at all. The lack of gamepad support in BC2 PC version was disappointing, but I am really happy to see it make its way to BF3.

The_Player said:

There are literally millions of people who play Battlefield with a controller. Why is it so hard to understand that people want to play the way they want on the PC, the platform of choice? Tons of people out there want to control the game with a pad AND have the advantages the PC version will offer (resolution, framerate, high gfx settings, etc...).

Darkshier said:
Sounds good to me, I am just really happy pad support is in at all. The lack of gamepad support in BC2 PC version was disappointing, but I am really happy to see it make its way to BF3.

huh? Both BF2 and BC2 support gamepads. Hell I was even able to drive a tank with my G25 wheel.

The_Player said:

Uhh, relax dude. Let PC gamers play the game on PC however they want it to play.

LordCanti

If BF3 has controller support, I'll probably use it. I'm planning a projector setup for the game, and a keyboard + mouse isn't really optimal as I'm sitting in a comfy home theater chair. I don't think I'll be horribly disadvantaged, since BF3 isn't really a twitch shooter.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Everyone is doing 'dude standing/walking with a gun'

Asgaro

I have an xbox360 controller for on PC. but I never would have thought of using it to control jets, if I hadn't seen these comments about it.

So a xbox360 controller would work a lot better than mouse + keyboard? Even if it isnt a joystick?

LordCanti

Fersis said:
Everyone is doing 'dude standing/walking with a gun'

Yeah really. MW2 had a guy walking with a gun on the box as well. COD4 had a dude running with a gun.

I'm sure there are earlier examples I could come up with.

For me, it's not the 'dude with the gun' so much, as it is the styling of the piece. Hell, throw some orange highlights in there and we have the cover for BC3 :)

woober said:
Pretty much. You could argue Battlefield started it.

[IMG*]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Battlefield2Cover.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG*]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare.jpg[/IMG]

iGc2a.jpg

56QuM.jpg

And probably quite a few before that too...

Nostalgia~4ever said:
Bf3 cover look more badass though

It looks like a lazy redesign of bad company 2's cover. It even got the same orange lighting on the right side.

Quick question in between all the cover art:

If the statements early in the thread are true about there being an Infantry only mode, would the engineer be next to useless in such a mode?

LordCanti

RibbedHero said:

If the statements early in the thread are true about there being an Infantry only mode, would the engineer be next to useless in such a mode?

Why would he be? He's got rocket launchers, grenades, and most importantly, a gun.

RibbedHero said:

He'd still have access to RPG/missile launcher which could still be useful.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RibbedHero said:

bfbc2game20100518074735.jpg

Sorry for the image size :0

EDIT: Oh the Carl Gustav is a Swedish weapon.. ok that explains why is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom