• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlindCommunication said:
It'd better have. Hope Caspian Borders is just a tiny conquest map if it only has 5 flags. Tomorrow people will play the 64 players version of the map, hope we'll see more flags on that one.

Where would you put them though? there isn't much on that map to include more flags. It's crammed enough as it is, and just going from layout looks a whole lot like BC2.

Sh1ner

boris feinbrand said:
Where would you put them though? there isn't much on that map to include more flags. It's crammed enough as it is, and just going from layout looks a whole lot like BC2.

Have faith Boris, we find out in 24 hours if are dreams will be shattered by small maps!

Legato.Reborn- said:
GAF, I... I.. I foresee many US soldiers spawning being sniped at base.

Any news on the unlock system, I hope it isn't based on the BC2 unlock system, that just pissed me off.

boris feinbrand said:

Nevermind, just seen that map posted by Kyaw. It does look pretty small actually, now maybe it is the consoles/24 players version of the map.

They could expand on those borders and add a few more flags surely when there are 64 players on PC. I thought that's what they were supposed to do?
There's not much point having 6 jets, 4 choppas, 10 tanks and 16 jeeps if the playground is too small after all.

Sh1ner said:
Have faith Boris, we find out in 24 hours if are dreams will be shattered by small maps!

Well this map is small. I'd say the actual combat zone is around the size of the whole Panama Canal map in BC2. I could be wrong, but from the footage and the map, the dimensions look rather small.

Probably to facilitate the ports to consoles. I guess they're just going to cut out some of the surrounding hills and move the bases closer to the center.

I just hope that there are bigger maps, because this one isn't what I was expecting.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Remember, jets will be able to fly outside of normal infantry zones.

Yeah you can see that at 0:50 mark when jets faceoff, still bit worried about how close those airfields are so this seems fullsized map

spekkeh

Banned
Well the new screens sure look pretty. But am I the only one that thinks it's all getting a bit too super cereal? I thought the Battlefields were always fun cause the multiplayer got a bit goofy. People bunnyhopping to the nearest plane, taking off, crashing it into nearest tank before jumping out, etc. This looks like the style of a slow-paced military sim.

zlatko

Banned
spekkeh said:
Well the new screens sure look pretty. But am I the only one that thinks it's all getting a bit too super cereal? I thought the Battlefields were always fun cause the multiplayer got a bit goofy. People bunnyhopping to the nearest plane, taking off, crashing it into nearest tank before jumping out, etc. This looks like the style of a slow-paced military sim.

These people you mention have a name. "noobs."

Pete Rock

spekkeh said:
I thought the Battlefields were always fun cause the multiplayer got a bit goofy. People bunnyhopping to the nearest plane, taking off, crashing it into nearest tank before jumping out, etc.
Seriously? That shit was awful.

Even if they don't do full scale animations on entering and exiting vehicles, if you bail out of any moving vehicle and live in this game I am going to be fucking livid.

I understand what you mean, but the specific examples cited are all legitimately bad and have been from 42 on to BC2. The 300 hours you have legitimate fun in relative competition is the real deal.

woober

Map reminds me of Daqing Oilfields from BF2. I hope there are maps with more than 5 cap points though...

maps_2_3.jpg

Hmm... interestingly, the 32 player version of the map had 5 capture points.

maps_2_2.jpg

So that BF3 map is likely to be 32 player as well?

woober said:
Map reminds me of Daqing Oilfields from BF2. I hope there are maps with more than 5 cap points though...

maps_2_3.jpg

Hmmm, well, Planet Battlefield is reporting that the overhead map is NOT Caspian Border, but a different "forest" map.

And I'm wondering if ANY maps are going to have more than 5 cap points. Look in the lower left of the hud--it lists all the cap points on the map. Doesn't look like there'd be room enough for more than 6.

LOL in the trailer, when we see the shot of the convoy, there's the one poor dude hoofin' it to the right.

The one thing that bothers me, and it bothered me in the alpha, is that soldiers using a gun with a foregrip . . . aren't holding the foregrip. They have their hand around the barrel. A minor nitpick, but a nitpick nonetheless . . . .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LTwin said:
Oh BTW, like I just confirmed in my first interview: There will be a commo rose on PC in #BF3 but it's not in the build shown at #GamesCom.

There you go.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr. Snrub said:
Hmmm, well, Planet Battlefield is reporting that the overhead map is NOT Caspian Border, but a different "forest" map.
Sounds like bullshit. That map fits exactly with what we saw in the trailer.

woober

SirButterstick said:
LOL in the trailer, when we see the shot of the convoy, there's the one poor dude hoofin' it to the right.

The one thing that bothers me, and it bothered me in the alpha, is that soldiers using a gun with a foregrip . . . aren't holding the foregrip. They have their hand around the barrel. A minor nitpick, but a nitpick nonetheless . . . .

They mentioned that they will fix it so that the soldiers using forgrips will hold it.

Sethos said:
Dat windshield, amaright?

qgH1i.gif

I noticed this too. I love little details like this.

mr_nothin

Banned
SirButterstick said:

They said that there will be an animation for that.

Ah cool. Yeah, it's just one little detail that kind of irked me. All in all, I'm taking the week off when this comes out. It's going to be a looooooong wait. I haven't been this hyped since BF2.

Sethos

Banned
They are definitely listening to the community. Everybody was screaming for jet footage and they sure as hell got it.

By the way, was I the only one not really feeling the co-op footage? Might be fun but it didn't really irk my funny bone nor does it touch on my battlefield nerve. Just gave me the whiff of Spec-ops mode.

Mr. Snrub said:
And I'm wondering if ANY maps are going to have more than 5 cap points. Look in the lower left of the hud--it lists all the cap points on the map. Doesn't look like there'd be room enough for more than 6.

Ah, good point, it's quite worrying actually. Still hoping it's just a downscaled version of a bigger map. Or at least hope it's one of the smallest Conquest maps. Don't think I'll be able to stomach 3-4 flags maps in BF3.

woober

Sethos said:
They are definitely listening to the community. Everybody was screaming for jet footage and they sure as hell got it.

By the way, was I the only one not really feeling the co-op footage? Might be fun but it didn't really irk my funny bone nor does it touch on my battlefield nerve. Just gave me the whiff of Spec-ops mode.

I'm hoping one of the co-op missions will have 2 players on jets chasing down an enemy pilot. Seriously, no one in their right minds would not have thought of that. You hear my DICE?!?!

derFeef

CommoRose? But... someone in the CS:GO thread was saying that radial menus are a sign of console limitations!

PS: Awesome news!

BlindCommunication said:
It'd better have. Hope Caspian Borders is just a tiny conquest map if it only has 5 flags. Tomorrow people will play the 64 players version of the map, we might see more flags on that one.

It's all good to have shiny toys but eventually it all comes down to good map design. The flags layout can make or break a mode. But I have hope DICE won't disappoint us and won't come up with stupid stuff like we had in BC conquest.

5 flags is plenty for 64 players, more flags just fragments the action, entices players to lone-wolf it over to a dormant flag for points.

JackEtc

I never saw what was wrong with just the Q button. Seemed to work fine for me. I went back and tried playing BF2 for the first time a few months ago and couldn't work the rose at all. I hope there's an option to just have it like BC2.

Sethos

Banned
JackEtc said:
I never saw what was wrong with just the Q button. Seemed to work fine for me. I went back and tried playing BF2 for the first time a few months ago and couldn't work the rose at all. I hope there's an option to just have it like BC2.

... =|

JackEtc

Sethos said:
Maybe it was just me, but it took too much time to get to what I wanted to press with the rose. I'm willing to try and make it work in this game though, but I never understood what all the fuss was about, is all.

Keasar

JackEtc said:
Maybe it was just me, but it took too much time to get to what I wanted to press with the rose. I'm willing to try and make it work in this game though, but I never understood what all the fuss was about, is all.
Can you say things like "Gogogo" "Thank you." "Sorry." "Follow me." quickly with the context sensitive Q-button? I think thats one of the major points with the Commorose, wider range of messages and you dont have to look at someone to tell what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom