• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats going on in here? I cant even log into Origin! says their authentication servers are down!

Guess that community manager wasnt bullshitting saying we couldnt play till the 25th!

Seems as if they closed everything down!

Izayoi

Banned
bf32011-10-2409-07-30-ouu9.png

bf32011-10-2409-26-04-cui6.png

bf32011-10-2410-18-10-7uv9.png

bf32011-10-2409-26-46-ku12.png

1-D_FTW

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
So whats going on in here? I cant even log into Origin! says their authentication servers are down!

Guess that community manager wasnt bullshitting saying we couldnt play till the 25th!

Seems as if they closed everything down!

Perhaps I will play some more single-player today. As long as I'm offline and authorized to play, it's today or never for this single-player.

vaelic

Banned
WoodenLung said:
Sorry, wrong link. Just search for openvpn yourself and download it.
huh? I have openVPN. it gives me the options to

"go to private tunnel" = makes me sign up on a website?

"connect to private tunnel" = always shows server name us.shieldexchange.com and its greyed out. cant type anything in it

gillty

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I did that and changed timezone but it still saw me in UK.

Downloading Tunnelbear now...
TheNamelessOne said:
Weren't you swedish too? In that case, how did you get to play it already?
vaelic said:
huh? I have openVPN. it gives me the options to

"go to private tunnel" = makes me sign up on a website?

"connect to private tunnel" = always shows server name us.shieldexchange.com and its greyed out. cant type anything in it
Unlocking BF3 early via Korean Proxy.
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

olimpia84 said:
For those that ordered through Amazon has your copy shipped already?

Mine is still at 'shipping soon'. I've ordered with release day delivery from Amazon probably 30 times, and it always takes until about 9 pm est until it says it ships.

Baconmonk said:
Control Panel -> Internet Options -> LAN Settings -> Proxy server checkbox -> Advanced

Put this IP in the field provided (8000 is the port, but it should figure that out automatically)
Activate the game, then go ahead and turn off the VPN, all you are doing is tricking the authentication, battlelog seems to work fine.

220.118.19.148:8000
I love you, I just want you to know that. This worked perfectly. I am downloading the updated Drivers now and then I am off to play some Battlefield 3.

gillty

Banned
vaelic said:
hmm EA posted on their forums that they ADVISE PLAYERS TO NOT RUN ON PROXY
Unlock via proxy, do not play via proxy. You're always running a risk of routing traffic through unknown proxies/servers.

nitric0 said:
SP or MP? surprised to see 6870 max it out with 60fps, i can't wait but I only have a PIIX4 945 @ 4.0GHz :(

SP.

I might have spoken too soon. It was just that metro section. Second level it's going around 50 fps.

Valru said:
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

GOD BLESS THIS MAN IM IN HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

froliq

I can't take this. Canceled Amazon pre-order, friday is too far away! And bought it from GMG. Downloading through Origin now.

Just so I can become dissapointed faster about my pc preformance.

Valru said:
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2e. Save
5. Play BF3
Did this exactly, the date check still fails and tells me it's on the 28th (which means it still sees me in the UK)

:\

Argh can anyone help with this? I had this same issue in the beta...so it's unlocked whatever, I go to launch campaign, it sits on initializing for a while...then nothing happens and the intializing window disappears. I'm watching my processes and I see bf3.exe start, then disappear. I set both origin and the bf3 executable to run as admin so that's not it. So frustrating, has anyone else had this pop up,or anything similar happen in the beta?

Upgraded my drivers remotely.

I am ready.

MaritalWheat said:
Argh can anyone help with this? I had this same issue in the beta...so it's unlocked whatever, I go to launch campaign, it sits on initializing for a while...then nothing happens and the intializing window disappears. I'm watching my processes and I see bf3.exe start, then disappear. I set both origin and the bf3 executable to run as admin so that's not it. So frustrating, has anyone else had this pop up,or anything similar happen in the beta?

I had that problem too. I'll be pissed if it's still an issue.

gillty

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Did this exactly, the date check still fails and tells me it's on the 28th (which means it still sees me in the UK)

I've had my entire platoon (8-10) people from all around the world do it and not a problem. Make sure you saved it in IE, seems like it doesn't save it sometimes.

edit: Also google for Korean Proxies and try another.

Valru said:
I've had my entire platoon (8-10) people from all around the world do it and not a problem. Make sure you saved it, seems like it doesn't save it sometimes.
I hit "ok" and then when back in and it was all there, so it's saved.

The details are also in the "advanced" tab.

alphaNoid

Banned
alphaNoid said:
Spoiler, first 2 minutes of game, need help.

I'm in the train, I killed 4 or 5 guys on my way to the engine. However I'm stuck at some door with a gun in the handle. I get no more in game prompts for how to pass this. I cannot use E to equip the gun, interact with anything. I'm just stuck in the back part of the train and cannot pass this door. Help? Glitch?
Anyone ?

Harpua

Foliorum Viridum said:
I hit "ok" and then when back in and it was all there, so it's saved.

The details are also in the "advanced" tab.

I didn't log into Origin until I had the proxy setup. Not sure if it matters, but worth a shot.

Lanbeast

Got the Shakes said:
Mine is still at 'shipping soon'. I've ordered with release day delivery from Amazon probably 30 times, and it always takes until about 9 pm est until it says it ships.

Thank god cause mine is on 'shipping soon' as well and I was starting to get worried.

pottuvoi

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:

If you use Firefox as your main browser Origin might use it's settings.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
WOW!

Better optimization + better drivers + higher OC = ~50-60fps, max settings, at 1920x1200 with 90 degree FoV so long as AA is off.

If I tick AA on to 4x, I still stay in the low 40s and never dip below 30 fps.

I'll take that!!!

i7 930 @ 3.4
GTX570 @ 840/1680 & 2200
12GB RAM

Currently uploading a 15 sec video that just absolutely shows what BF3 is all about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom