• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

so i tried logging into my account to play BF3 and noticed that my email no longer exists in the database, i called EA and they said that the account email now ends in .RU (russian email) and that the account contacted EA chat support last night asking the support agent to change information on the account like the security questions and they did..

they couldn't give back my account over the phone because i couldn't remember the DOB i entered when i first registered so they escalated it
wtf...

so i tried logging into my account to play BF3 and noticed that my email no longer exists in the database, i called EA and they said that the account email now ends in .RU (russian email) and that the account contacted EA chat support last night asking the support agent to change information on the account like the security questions and they did..

wtf...
so did they change it back?

Nabs

wtf...

yikes.

so did they change it back?

no not yet.. i gave them sufficient proof like the address still on the account and the paypal account that's tied to it, but they couldn't change it without escalating it. i asked if they can assure that this won't happen again *because EA chat support handed over all the info*

Hejdlond

While playing CQ this weekend I've been called a "bunny hopping wh*re", "AEK noob" and cheater/hacker (in a game where I had a K/D of 1.5). Some people . . .

On a more positive note, I've cut together som highlights from when my squad joined a "fly only" server. I present to you:

iPgaXIOuJZUyd.gif

FAC Ep07 - Trolling in the Danger Zone

Hey guys, im about the jump ships from consoles BF3 to pc BF3 when I get my new laptop! anyway I can get past having to unlock everything again? Weapons I don't mind thaaaaaat much, but vehicles will piss me off. Apart from buying the kit unlocks, is there anywhere where people sell their accounts or something?

Yea I know what you mean, I'm jumping ship from the ps3 to pc myself. I should be done building my pc by Sept and I'm excited! I think the best thing to do is just buy the kit unlocks, I'm getting the coop weapons unlock and maybe the vehicles unlock. I don't mind grinding all over again for guns seeing as playing on the pc will be a completely new experience for me.

Hey guys, im about the jump ships from consoles BF3 to pc BF3 when I get my new laptop! anyway I can get past having to unlock everything again? Weapons I don't mind thaaaaaat much, but vehicles will piss me off. Apart from buying the kit unlocks, is there anywhere where people sell their accounts or something?

You're willing to pay for an BF account? oO People do this? Had I known I would be playing on a different one without all my games and I'd sell it fast.

I have no problems starting from scratch. I don't understand why anyone would. The competitive advantage is not really that big to cause any problems.

Yea I know what you mean, I'm jumping ship from the ps3 to pc myself. I should be done building my pc by Sept and I'm excited! I think the best thing to do is just buy the kit unlocks, I'm getting the coop weapons unlock and maybe the vehicles unlock. I don't mind grinding all over again for guns seeing as playing on the pc will be a completely new experience for me.

Team deathmatch server for a couple of hours. You will have a ton of unlocks by that point.

Yea I don't mind at all starting over since I'm starting new on the pc but I don't care for coop and I did all the coop on the ps3 so I'll just get the coop unlocks. By the time I get done with my pc Armor Kill will be out so vehicle unlocks should go by quick but I still might consider the vehicle unlocks. Question, I have become an expert at flying with the helicopter and jet, would I be able to fly them both with my ps3 controller, with proper software ofc, like I do with my ps3?

CatPee

Isn't there? I thought premium gave you that option.

It isn't really even a true stat reset. It only resets the large number stats shown on Battlelog, but you can see the real values in the data below it.

Yea I don't mind at all starting over since I'm starting new on the pc but I don't care for coop and I did all the coop on the ps3 so I'll just get the coop unlocks. By the time I get done with my pc Armor Kill will be out so vehicle unlocks should go by quick but I still might consider the vehicle unlocks. Question, I have become an expert at flying with the helicopter and jet, would I be able to fly them both with my ps3 controller, with proper software ofc, like I do with my ps3?

Yea, you can do so with MotioninJoy's 360 controller emulator. I did that for a short whi,e but later found out that M+KB is truly the way to go for flying.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I haven't been able to play this for like 3 months. I don't even know how to fix this but I have the Russian version. Last time I buy a version like this.

Donos

IMO, unlocking stuff is fun. I wish there was a "reset unlocks" function.

You have premium. There is a "reset" function. Go to your "stats" page and right there under your K/D ratio it is.
Edit: ah ok catpee explained it.

Holy shit at Pecheneg with bipod. That is like a laser gun. You can pick up ppl across the map.

Hejdlond

In BC2 you could create another soldier and start anew, a friend of mine actually did this once he had unlocked everything. But that's not possible in BF3 (PC) since you can't create more soldiers.

BF3 GAF, I'm curious. Does anyone else tend to troll and squabble with your squad mates (and receive some of the same)?. I'm not talking about randoms, but people you "know". Hardahakan/Barnskrik and I tend to do this a lot. Not to the extreme that we upset one another (too much), but in good fun.

ibgqJJiVLZvd9.gif

Another example is when we ran from B (CQ Large) on Kharg he threw a grenade right by a car hoping it would blow it up as I passed.

And then we have kataorjan, he loves jeeps. Way too much. We could be rolling in 2 tanks needing a gunner/target painter and he still chooses to go in a jeep. So we've made it our mission to limit his access to jeeps by any means necessary.

Man I'm so excited about building my pc. I'm going with a i5 3570 and gtx 670, would that be enough to run bf3 on ultra with 60+ frames? I plan to get another 670 and run sli later this year but it'd be nice to run bf3 at ultra with a single 670 and get over 60 frames :)

Spl1nter

Man I'm so excited about building my pc. I'm going with a i5 3570 and gtx 670, would that be enough to run bf3 on ultra with 60+ frames? I plan to get another 670 and run sli later this year but it'd be nice to run bf3 at ultra with a single 670 and get over 60 frames :)

yes, it may dip every once and a while below 60 if running 1080p or above.

MrBig

A single 670 is more than enough for just about anything at 1080p 60hz, to justify sli you'd have to move to 120hz or 1440p or multi screen 1080.

Spl1nter

I'm having such a tough time shaking people off my tail. Anyone have tips? I play M&K

Max turning possible at 300 while doing a spiral. Then just trying different moves at the bottom and peaks of these turns. If the pilot is good you are really just bidding time for your co-pilot to come and take him out/force him off you.

Omni

So I got BF3 for PC the other day. I've clocked in a few hundred hours on console, so I thought I'd give it a go... I don't even. I can't keep up. I'm probably one of the worst players on PC... I'm really not adapting well. Every time I try to shoot someone, some fucking sniper gets me from across the map.

Grrr. The game is 100 millions times more frustrating on PC. I'm glad I got it on Xbox first otherwise I would've gave up long ago... Anyone have any general tips? The mouse feels unnatural.

CatPee

I'm having such a tough time shaking people off my tail. Anyone have tips? I play M&K

Map pitch up to Spacebar so you can take a load off your mind when flying. For me, I map D/A as roll and yaw to left/right mouse. Using that setup, I can do upward spirals to shake the enemy jet's aim and go into a battle of turns. From there, I tend to keep on holding down S to reduce speed, while using bursts of boost at the same time to maintain speed between 290-310 at all times. Pop out into third person sometimes to see whether you've caught up and gotten behind the enemy. Flying sporadically, random changes in directions, smart use of ECM, and doing loops during this time really helps.

So I got BF3 for PC the other day. I've clocked in a few hundred hours on console, so I thought I'd give it a go... I don't even. I can't keep up. I'm probably one of the worst players on PC... I'm really not adapting well. Every time I try to shoot someone, some fucking sniper gets me from across the map.

Grrr. The game is 100 millions times more frustrating on PC. I'm glad I got it on Xbox first otherwise I would've gave up long ago... Anyone have any general tips? The mouse feels unnatural.

KuGsj.gif

M+KB is the most natural way to play the game. There's a large amount of vehicle maneuvers and pinpoint aiming that I could never have done on PS3 (jet maneuvers above being an example). Just stick to cover and stay in groups. The game is 100 million times more fun on PC, in my opinion.

If it's urban combat similar to Sharqi and Karkand, awesome. We could use more dark night maps like Nelson Bay, not that Tehran Highway stuff.

Spl1nter

If it's urban combat similar to Sharqi and Karkand, awesome. We could use more dark night maps like Nelson Bay, not that Tehran Highway stuff.

More like Sharqi and Karkand yes. I dont know why you mention nelson bay. Both it and tehran highway are shitty maps.

Mully

Just bought the ultimate pack. I had enough of getting owned by people in jets while I only have the mini gun and flares. Everyone of you is about to get fucked by the long dick of Mully.

CatPee

Just bought the ultimate pack. I had enough of getting owned by people in jets while I only have the mini gun and flares. Everyone of you is about to get fucked by the long dick of Mully.

But miniguns are all you need to destroy enemies...?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
While playing CQ this weekend I've been called a "bunny hopping wh*re", "AEK noob" and cheater/hacker (in a game where I had a K/D of 1.5). Some people . . .

On a more positive note, I've cut together som highlights from when my squad joined a "fly only" server. I present to you:

iPgaXIOuJZUyd.gif

FAC Ep07 - Trolling in the Danger Zone

Wow! That .GIF is amazing! And it's in-game, no? I really wish Battlecorder is implemented, there are a ton of shit I saw that needed to be seen again.

Hejdlond

Hejdlond I very much enjoy your gifs (and videos) <3

Wow! That .GIF is amazing! And it's in-game, no? I really wish Battlecorder is implemented, there are a ton of shit I saw that needed to be seen again.

Thanks guys!
I try to record everytime when play now to capture all those Battlefield moments using Dxtory. Doesn't put a big dent in your FPS like Fraps but uncompressed AVI fills up space fast. It's possible to use different codecs like x264vfw to compress on the fly in order to save space.

Here's a new episode, I've put all the physical highlights (crashes, explosions and stuff) in the beginning and the squabbling and bickering in the end so that it's somewhat enjoyable for those who don't understand swedish (most).

A GIF from the episode
ikT1fmsRL1BGh.gif

Friends Are Collateral: Episode 9 - Crashes (5:07)

Donos

Man, since i'm rolling Support with Pecheneg with bipod and 3,4 visor i'm having always 2:1 to 4:1 K/D and a shitton of points. I play totally different than my usual Engineer. Always flanking and searching good elevated spots and cliffs (Caspian) where i can long range spot/kill/support.
Only downside is that my hipfire with pecheneg is still not good in close ecnounters. Half of the time i change to sidearm when it gets hectic.

C4 calmes the naked feeling of no RPG/Javelin against tanks.

What's best layout beside bipod on pecheneng ? Flash Supressor, Grip or Silencer ? Atm using extended mag but i often don't need all 200 rounds.

Divius

Ha, I'm also using the PKP again with bipod and yes I tend to lose every close encounter as well, unless I manage to fire first, suppress them into oblivion and hopefully get a few hits.

Keep the extended mag on the Pecheneg. You want all those extra bullets because, for some unfathomable reason, enemies love to rush towards you while you're laying down a hail of gunfire. All those suppressing ribbons are nice, too. I have bipod and supressor on mine, with a halo scope. Despite an accuracy of 2.5%, I have 803 kills and am in the top 5% with it (and I don't even use it much anymore). It is a monster of a gun.

Divius

I also run with extended mags, just in case. I should probably equip a G18 of 93r for those close encounters, but I think there is no honor in those weapons so I will stick with my 1911.

Me and donos just cleaned up a server with our PKP's. rakatakatakatakatakataka

CatPee

Hahaha, so many hackusations when I kill a bunch of infantry running around with the jet in a match. One guy just kept accusing me of using aimbots to destroy his AA throughout several games but then shuts up once I point out his 96SPM/rank 34 after 172 hours of play.

CatPee

Is it still possible to get premium for cheap?

Nope. EA raised the price of Premium on India/Brazil's Origin, and recently they've even blocked access to the Origin site if you're using an Indian proxy to prevent buying super cheap games too.

Cheapest you can get it currently (and likely for a while) is to use a 20% off code on greenmangaming, making it $40.

Deadly

Nope. EA raised the price of Premium on India/Brazil's Origin, and recently they've even blocked access to the Origin site if you're using an Indian proxy to prevent buying super cheap games too.

Cheapest you can get it currently (and likely for a while) is to use a 20% off code on greenmangaming, making it $40.
Bummer. It was like 30$ right? I guess 40$ isn't too bad.

Donos

I recently saw on one of the cd-key sites Premium for 30€ but they are (or the discussion of them is) banned now i think.

CatPee

I recently saw on one of the cd-key sites Premium for 30€ but they are (or the discussion of them is) banned now i think.

Not much cheaper than buying it legitimately through GMG anyway.

Bummer. It was like 30$ right? I guess 40$ isn't too bad.

Yea. It was $30 on the Brazil store (by mistake) and $25 on India (actual price). In a sense, we kinda screwed over the folks in India since they jacked up the price, but oh well. Free market, yadda yadda.

CatPee

Well 48,54€ (GMG) vs 27,99€ (german cd-key site).
Btw. i payed full (49.99€) for my premium back then.

Speaking in USD, GMG's got it for $40 after a 20% code widely available to anyone. It's about $35 off the CD Key site, but obviously that's a bit sketchy.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

This is only for PC though, right?

Top Bottom