• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Welcome! This thread will serve as a meetup/discussion on the online PC component of Battlefield 3. Use this thread to find information on the GAF BF3 server, GAF PC players, our comm solutions, and general info specific to playing BF3 on the PC.

Battlefield 3 OT: Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

EKlh9.png

Mumble has been used for much of PC GAF's online communication. Please visit this thread for information on downloading and configuring Mumble.

Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739 (75 slots)
Backup server: IP = 72.5.195.123 and port = 64738 (50 slots, can increase if its needed)

pzes5.png

We no longer maintain the GAF regional platoons, due to inactivity. All active BF3 gaffers should join the NeoGAF Active Soldiers platoon below. Please use the tag [GAF] (configurable in your Battlelog profile) to indicate you are a member of the NeoGAF community.

NeoGAF Active Soldiers

Souljiro

I'm in for supporting a GAF server I just need the details. Looking forward to playing with all the gaf members!!!!!

Foliorum Viridum said:
You can sign me up for donating to a server officially.

On the condition it's a good ping for UK :)

So yeah, highlight me!

Yeah, same for me, I'll donate if I can play on it.

LordCanti

Giriath_89 said:
Will the server be in the US?

If so, how well can it be expected to run for gaffers in Europe?

Do you guys usually get good pings to the Eastern seaboard of the United States? That was one discussed possible location for the server.

LordCanti said:
Do you guys usually get good pings to the Eastern seaboard of the United States? That was one discussed possible location for the server.
An ideal would be finding a server hosted in the location we want our BF3 server to be and just hopping on to see a real world result.

Not sure how easy that would be.

LordCanti

Foliorum Viridum said:
An ideal would be finding a server hosted in the location we want our BF3 server to be and just hopping on to see a real world result.

Not sure how easy that would be.

Trying out any servers that list the East Coast of the US would probably be a good place to start. It would be better if those servers were hosted by the same company.

Sethos

Banned
I'm checking out the possibilities of renting a European ( Scandinavian ) based server closer to release, have to see what kind of price ranges they're in around here.

LordCanti

Sethos said:
I'm checking out the possibilities of renting a European ( Scandinavian ) based server closer to release, have to see what kind of price ranges they're in around here.

16 players 21,90 euro
18 players 23,90 euro
20 players 25,90 euro
24 players 29,90 euro
24 players 23,90 euro
26 players 29,90 euro
32 players 36,90 euro
36 players 39,90 euro
40 players 43,90 euro
48 players 46,90 euro
50 players 56,90 euro
56 players 62,90 euro
64 players 69,90 euro

It all depends on the amount of players. I'm finding that most hosts tend to be around the same pricing, which leads me to believe that EA may have a hand in it.

(Above is i3d's pricing for BF3)

LordCanti said:
Trying out any servers that list the East Coast of the US would probably be a good place to start. It would be better if those servers were hosted by the same company.

I agree, east coast will have the highest concentration of players in the US and is closer to Europe. I'm definitely open to donating if we decide to get a 64 man server.

Also, please add me to the list

Tallshortman|CDZdeOG

n0n44m

LordCanti said:

I'm in the Netherlands, searching for Euro servers in the in-game browser the majority is between 15-30 , for North America they seem to be between 90-120

(there were like 15 when filtering for North America with pings lower than 90 but they seemed to be Euro as well going by their German names ?)

I did play some BC2 last weekend with GAF on NA servers, ping seemed to be around 130~150 mostly ... playable but noticeably worse than any Amsterdam/Frankfurt server ;)

Let's see how much people we can get in first and how the pings are, I'm mean I'd easily cough up a dollar or two/month for some fun NA server, but much more for a good Euro server :p

We'd want a server where US and EU players could play, so East Coast might be the best bet.

I'd be up for the idea of an EU server, but it would be a shame to not play with the Yanks.

Sethos

Banned
LordCanti said:
16 players 21,90 euro
18 players 23,90 euro
20 players 25,90 euro
24 players 29,90 euro
24 players 23,90 euro
26 players 29,90 euro
32 players 36,90 euro
36 players 39,90 euro
40 players 43,90 euro
48 players 46,90 euro
50 players 56,90 euro
56 players 62,90 euro
64 players 69,90 euro

It all depends on the amount of players. I'm finding that most hosts tend to be around the same pricing, which leads me to believe that EA may have a hand in it.

(Above is i3d's pricing for BF3)

Hopefully I can find something actually based in Scandinavia, don't want to be using i3d's shitty servers.

At least it gives me an idea about the price, thanks.

LordCanti

n0n44m said:
I'm in the Netherlands, searching for Euro servers in the in-game browser the majority is between 15-30 , for North America they seem to be between 90-120

(there were like 15 when filtering for North America with pings lower than 90 but they seemed to be Euro as well going by their German names ?)

I did play some BC2 last weekend with GAF on NA servers, ping seemed to be around 130~150 mostly ... playable but noticeably worse than any Amsterdam/Frankfurt server ;)

Let's see how much people we can get in first and how the pings are, I'm mean I'd easily cough up a dollar or two/month for some fun NA server, but much more for a good Euro server :p

BC2's netcode was already garbage to begin with though. Hopefully BF3 will be kinder to slightly higher pings.

We can hope anyway.

Sethos said:
Hopefully I can find something actually based in Scandinavia, don't want to be using i3d's shitty servers.

At least it gives me an idea about the price, thanks.

I've been looking at server pricing, and it generally doesn't deviate much more than $5-$10 from being $100 for 64 players. I'm hoping that better deals will show up though.

Foliorum Viridum said:
That's probably more of a sensible suggestion since we're kinda in the middle.

Don't know why I didn't think of that, ha.

West Coasters in the US would mutiny.

LordCanti

Manager said:
But Europeans wouldn't enjoy a west coast server.

That's why I figure the East Coast of the U.S is the best option. Americans on the West Coast would be making a bit of a sacrifice, but no more so than Europeans would be.

I don't think there is any solution that would make everyone happy, short of a Euro and an American server. The problem is finances. Keeping one $100 server going every month is enough of a challenge.

Unless it turns out that the PC gaming master race is just loaded.

I just joined a few NA servers (no idea if it was East or West) in BC2 and my ping in the UK varied from 75-120

Which... wasn't too bad. I mean, it's not great, but it's extremely playable.

Since East Coast is in the middle, I do think it's our best bet. As long as I got a ping like that I'd be happy.

Bru

I'm happy to do my bit from the UK and donate towards monthly server charges.

I just hope we can find a location that provides decent pings for players worldwide.

aperman

Neo Member
aperman | Airlub

Don't have any friends on Origin yet, so chances of finding me are...slim?

I'll try and socialize.

LordCanti

No results for either Airlub, or ph33nix on Origin. Check to make sure that your privacy settings allow you to be found by Origin name.

Hm. I'll donate towards a US based GAF server on either coast as long as the pings are decent; they don't have to be stellar. Count me in, day one.

demolitio

Demolitio | Demolitio

I would love to help out and donate but I only have enough money for a few full games with no income coming in and a shitload of medical bills to try and pay every month. A couple grand in prescriptions a month and the insurance won't like you anymore and need to up their rates on me to lessen the losses...lol

Edit: EST timezone

Arcipello

Sethos said:

i would definitely want to be on the EU server... as i suspect most people from the UK and rest of Europe would, maybe we should compile a separate list of people for this server?

Top Bottom