• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Requirements Revealed [Update: Recommended = High]

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Emily Chu said:
bro FIST

me and my PhII X4 955+ 8800GT FO LYFE

I will run this bitch at 1080p with ultra textures

everything else turned off 4x AA - 16x AF with RIVA TUNER TRIPLE BUFFERING
@ 30FPS
COME AT ME DICE
I don't think you'll be getting 30fps at those settings. Not unless BF3 runs significantly better than BC2. Maybe at 720p.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
JWong said:
Are these requirements for a certain display size?

I think 1920x1200 will require more than 560ti. 8(

I'm almost positive I read somewhere that the recommended specs are for 1080p and high settings, for which they initially recommended the 560 ti.

Emily Chu

Banned
SapientWolf said:
I don't think you'll be getting 30fps at those settings. Not unless BF3 runs significantly better than BC2. Maybe at 720p.

I ran the Alpha @ 1080p just fine to be honest...

granted it was low but still @30-40 at times.

which is why I'm reluctant to drop two bones for a GTX 560...

still looked awesome on low btw

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Emily Chu said:

Ultra textures are gonna destroy your 8800GT if it only has 512MB of memory.

But I definitely wouldn't spend big bucks on hardware for BF3 until it's fully optimized and there are mature drivers out for it.

Sethos

Banned
Emily Chu said:

You gotta remember, the Alpha was pretty barebone when it came to graphics, a ton of effects and settings were missing. So even the lowest setting might become more demanding when everything's in place -- Also might be the same / less demanding of course but just saying.

Mirado

You know, I took a lot of shit from my friends when I bought two 6950s. "Totally overkill", they said.

I've got a 2600k, those 6950s and 8GB of RAM. I am going to enjoy this, so very much, especially when their rigs catch fire from utter disbelief.

so i'm building a cheap amd build as my first pc:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 3.4 ghz
Graphics - I'm not sure. The 560 seems cheaper than the 6950.
Ram - 8GB

Good to go right?

Effect

I think I'd be okay with the PC version. I have a GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB, quad core, and a 700W PSU. What I'm somewhat worried about is my OS. I'm running Windows Vista Home Pre 32bit. I have 4 gb of ram in the system but only 3.2 shows up when I run my test on my system. So I don't match the recommended in those areas. That shouldn't be to much of an issue running things well right?

Naturally I'm turning shadows down as that always seem give me issues and I think that's caused my system to crash in a few games for some reason. The alpha ran just fine but that was alpha with a lot of things not even in the game at that point. Though I am able to run Bad Company 2 near or at high but with shadows turned down.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
my specs are:

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 960(3.20GHz,4.8GT/s,8MB)
MEMORY 12GB 1333MHz (3x4GB) Tri Channel Memory
GRAPHICS CARD Dual 2GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5970 graphics card

I know I won't be able to run BF3 on Ultra but just wondering if this is good enough to run it on High or Very High?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
pauljeremiah said:
my specs are:

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 960(3.20GHz,4.8GT/s,8MB)
MEMORY 12GB 1333MHz (3x4GB) Tri Channel Memory
GRAPHICS CARD Dual 2GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5970 graphics card

I know I won't be able to run BF3 on Ultra but just wondering if this is good enough to run it on High or Very High?
Seriously? Isn't the 5970 2GB as fast or faster than a GTX 580?
theBishop said:
My GTX460 (768mb) puts me a a little shy of the recommended requirements. On the other hand, it's incredible that the 5650 in my laptop will be able to run this at all.
The Mobility 5650 is way slower than the minimum GPU reqs.

Piggus

K.Jack said:
Seriously? Isn't the 5970 2GB as fast or faster than a GTX 580?

The Mobility 5650 is way slower than the minimum GPU reqs.

He be crazy. Two 5970s will absolutely destroy a 580 as long as Crossfire scaling is good.

Sethos

Banned
Piggus said:
Two 5970s will absolutely destroy a 580 as long as Crossfire scaling is good.

It should considering that's 4 GPU cores vs 1.

The 5970 is a Dual GPU card and by his description I doubt he means there's two cards, just that it's a dual GPU card.

While the 5970 and 580 can be compared, the 580 easily wins out in many aspects.

Top Bottom