• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Alpha Trial begins June 17th - Invites being sent out today

J-Rzez

Disappointed. I had an issue with Origin and BF3 big time when I started playing BF3 again recently, led me to back and forth phone calls for over a week. Rep said they were going to forward my case to DICE as I said jokingly "just get me into the alpha". No invite. Very disappointing.

:*(

Menelaus

Banned
/glances at Origin

Never forget.

38Z0M56.jpg

Ovid

I couldn't remember the account I used for the earlier BF games. Otherwise my veteran status would be higher. Even suffered through 1943. Hated it. Can't do Battlefield with a controller =(

For some reason I don't have a lot of motivation to try BF4. If I get an invite, I'll be sure to pass that along to someone else :)
Huh??? That game is awesome. Damn good game for $15.

It's probably the only FPS I've seen on a console without people using exploits or cheats.

sp3000

Jesus, says the guy constantly being down on BF.

i have 300 hours in bf3, and another 200 in bf2. what are you talking about.

Besides, I enjoyed the BF3 Alpha more than the full game. That's why I'm willing to give a $40 amazon code in exchange for an invite.

RoKKeR

i have 300 hours in bf3, and another 200 in bf2. what are you talking about.

Besides, I enjoyed the BF3 Alpha more than the full game. That's why I'm willing to give a $40 amazon code in exchange for an invite.

Fair enough, the Alpha was the best stage of BF3 outside of it's DLC.

LordCanti

I'd be willing to give DICE another try after the clusterfuck that was BF3 on the PC for the first few months (longer? No idea).

No invite though ;_;

KKRT00

zHu8Mglh.jpg

I wish the final game looked like this...
Look! You can actually see what the fuck is going on!
There is a dude there and you can see him at first glance, no need for triangles or IFR scopes or squinting.

But no, Dice's patented 'artistic integrity' will swoop in and take a shit on it.

belmonkey

Why's that?

Movement felt heavy and they changed up all the default gamepad settings. And despite being an alpha, it hit my FPS quite a bit. I normally play BF3 at 800 x 480 on low, but had to switch to 640 x 480 to get similiar (but still a little worse) FPS.

I wish the final game looked like this...
Look! You can actually see what the fuck is going on!
There is a dude there and you can see him at first glance, no need for triangles or IFR scopes or squinting.

Totally - greybox levels are sometimes way more fun (or, at least, readable) than fully art'd levels :)

Bsigg12

Movement felt heavy and they changed up all the default gamepad settings. And despite being an alpha, it hit my FPS quite a bit. I normally play BF3 at 800 x 480 on low, but had to switch to 640 x 480 to get similiar (but still a little worse) FPS.

So, about it being an alpha build.... it's not optimized to any degree really. Also, what are you playing on to have to have it at 800 x 480 on low? That's...just...rough

belmonkey

So, about it being an alpha build.... it's not optimized to any degree really. Also, what are you playing on to have to have it at 800 x 480 on low? That's...just...rough

I know it's just an Alpha, but it just doesn't feel quite like Battlefield (3) to me, not yet anyway. I'm on an HP Pavillion laptop from 2010-2011.

Radeon 6570m
i7 2630QM @2.00 GHz

I wasn't a PC guy when I bought it, but had I been, that $1000 would have bought a high-end gaming PC instead.

Top Bottom