• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: "Big announcements are coming soon"

Dat Xbox multiplayer reveal?

jB2fT87fPuxB3.png

Twitter

// Mod Edit:

Triple ultra secret betrayalton!?!

battlefieldzzsyj.jpg

Not sure what else is bigger than what they've already announced (I.e. the game)...?

Something exclusive or a new service?

bjscott05

Early DLC is my guess. Kind of like PS3 had with BF3 this gen. EA already talked about the game running on PS4, so the game itself won't be exclusive.

B.O.O.M

What if MS has both COD and BF early DLC for next gen? Either that or we will see a new trailer of this tomorrow

Somebody, COD, BF, anybody, show your multiplayer instead of the singleplayer tomorrow.

You can even use it to showcase new Xbox Live features, whatever they are.

Amir0x

Banned
Not even close. MS would have to pay some ridiculous amounts of money to lock it down exclusive to Durango.

With Battlefield 4 already confirmed for PS3, it's possible though that they may secure Battlefield 4 for Durango as 'next-gen exclusive', and then the series would revert to all platforms after Battlefield 4.

I suspect that'd cost considerably less than the other scenarios. Going fully exclusive for Call of Duty or Battlefield would cripple those franchises, so it's not worth whatever Microsoft would be willing to pay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
With Battlefield already confirmed for PS3, it's possible though that they may secure Battlefield 4 for Durango as 'next-gen exclusive', and then the series would revert to all platforms after Battlefield 4.

I suspect that'd cost considerably less than the other scenarios. Going fully exclusive for Call of Duty or Battlefield would cripple those franchises, so it's not worth whatever Microsoft would be willing to pay.
DICE has mentioned being excited for PS4 and the PS4 version has been mentioned by people a couple times in passing but technically no nextgen versions have been announced. Tomorrow will likely be the announcement of early DLC and MS and EA probably have a close marketing plan for next gen stuff, like Sony and Ubi have had so far, which is why EA hasn't talked next gen much yet.

Coolwhip

Banned
You're all falling for PR tricks. EA is keeping it secret for PS4, so they can get attention again at Sony's E3 press conference.

With Battlefield 4 already confirmed for PS3, it's possible though that they may secure Battlefield 4 for Durango as 'next-gen exclusive', and then the series would revert to all platforms after Battlefield 4.

That's what I was referring to.

It's not that the ps4 version can sell 4 or 5 million copies anyway. A big moneyhat can very well cover that.

BF5 full multiplat (maybe avoinding ps360 if next gen's install base is big enough).

Amir0x

Banned
DLC has mentioned being excited for PS4 and the PS4 version has been mentioned by people a couple times in passing but technically no nextgen versions have been announced. Tomorrow will likely be the announcement of early DLC and MS and EA probably have a close marketing plan for next gen stuff, like Sony and Ubi have had so far, which is why EA hasn't talked next gen much yet.

I mean this is likely, I agree with you, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if the scenario I outlined would be the case - although, that'd be as far as I can see any 'exclusivity' really being.

However, Microsoft was willing to market Kinect for $500,000,000, so I can never underestimate what they will spent to buy their way to victory in place of actual quality anything so we'll have to see!

Raven77

If its SINGLEPLAYER I wont even bother to watch the footage.

If its MULTIPLAYER I will shit my pants with excite.

I'll not be surprised if it is next gen Durango exclusive. There have been consistent rumors that 3rd party exclusives are making a comeback for next gen for a while now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

It's already confirmed for PS4.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4151852/battlefield-4-17-minute-trailer

The game is coming to the Windows PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360, according to Electronic Arts officials. While the PS4 edition is not currently listed on the official pre-order site for the game, an Electronic Arts official confirmed that the game is coming to the platform.

And also this: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/26/4010536/battlefield-4-p24

Top Bottom