• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: "Big announcements are coming soon"

Tagg9

Call of Duty and Battlefield?!

I hope Microsoft has at least one more dudebro shooter for their conference.

I can't tell who is kidding anymore with these ridiculous posts about exclusivity.

It's just something we are discussing, it doesn't mean that if you think it could happen, then we firmly believe it will.

On the other hand, no one would believe a totally exclusive deal is going to happen.

Are you scared? Relax, it's not going to happen xD

ZxgY7rN.png

Conspiracy

Valnen

Call of Duty and Battlefield?!

I hope Microsoft has at least one more dudebro shooter for their conference.

Respawn's game. They'll probably save the announcement for last.

If it's exclusive I'm glad I don't really care about it.

Omni

Wow. I can honestly say that if the game doesn't come out on next gen platforms I will not be buying it. BF3 has already maxed out consoles. We can't even have more than 24 players. Why would I want to have a gimped experience such as that again?

Nizz

With Battlefield 4 already confirmed for PS3, it's possible though that they may secure Battlefield 4 for Durango as 'next-gen exclusive', and then the series would revert to all platforms after Battlefield 4.

I suspect that'd cost considerably less than the other scenarios. Going fully exclusive for Call of Duty or Battlefield would cripple those franchises, so it's not worth whatever Microsoft would be willing to pay.
This would be fucking stupid and I'd never buy an EA game again.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Respawn's game. They'll probably save the announcement for last.

If it's exclusive I'm glad I don't really care about it.
I think Respawn's game will just be teased at the unveiling and they'll save the reveal for E3 since it's a major exclusive.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's just something we are discussing, it doesn't mean that if you think it could happen, then we firmly believe it will.

On the other hand, no one would believe a totally exclusive deal is going to happen.

Are you scared? Relax, it's not going to happen xD
I'm deathly afraid of Gaf going full retard. Every post is dripping in hyperbole.

Valnen

I think Respawn's game will just be teased at the unveiling and they'll save the reveal for E3 since it's a major exclusive.

I'm still not convinced it's exclusive, I don't really think they can afford to do that these days if they want people to care about the IP. I certainly won't give a shit about it if I can't play it on the platforms of my choice. Shooters are not system sellers for me at least.

I mean this is likely, I agree with you, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if the scenario I outlined would be the case - although, that'd be as far as I can see any 'exclusivity' really being.

However, Microsoft was willing to market Kinect for $500,000,000, so I can never underestimate what they will spent to buy their way to victory in place of actual quality anything so we'll have to see!

while i agree with the bolded, i don't think MS would take it that far. i think MS probably sees that they're worth some effort, but they're 'second' next to CoD. so basically i don't think they see BF4 as valuable enough to lock up next gen exclusivity (even timed) and CoD would be WAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive to lock up.

we're going to see some exclusive or timed exclusive DLC and that BF version of CoD Elite as an app on the 720 dash "day one" but not going as far as saying it will only be on 720.

pelican

I'll not be surprised if it is next gen Durango exclusive. There have been consistent rumors that 3rd party exclusives are making a comeback for next gen for a while now.

Do you have any concept of how much that would cost? No. Do you have any idea how the board of EA would sell the idea to their investors? Locking out one of the major hardware platforms isn't going to happen. At this stage it makes zero sense placing all your eggs in one basket.

If any exclusivity exists it will be timed dlc. Nothing more. Remember all the rumours regarding Destiny being MS exclusive for next gen? Look how that turned out!

V_Ben

Banned
In this thread, a company hasn't announced any next gen SKUs, and therefore denies all knowledge of any such version existing, regardless of how such statements may seem.

EA has one game exclusive to Xbox, and that's Respawn's title. If they have other exclusives, it's DLC or something along those lines.

Just like in the FIFA thread, just because a game is (maybe) being shown tomorrow, doesn't mean it will be exclusive.

EA's not going to start throwing away money for Microsoft.

maltrain

It's impossible EA go "next gen exclusive" with this game.

Sony fans would boycott the PS3 version and would go to CoD or KillZone instead.

Same thing with Xbox fans going to CoD or Halo instead.

Can Microsoft or Sony pay for the 5 to 10 million units (games and DLCs) for compensate EA?

No way they were so dumb... same thing with an Call of Duty thing.

Nizz

Just get a Durango and buy the game on it if you want it badly.
Nope, I like Sony's first party titles and with Battlefield typically being a third party game that's been available for most (except Wii U) platforms I shouldn't have to buy a system for that game I feel.

KageMaru

Whenever they show it, I hope it's the MP and not more of the campaign.

If it's Xbox exclusive, I will quit gaming and jump off a cliff.

benji.gif

It's always amusing how brand hatred and loyalty makes people so dramatic. I find it hard to believe this will be Durango exclusive, but whatever happened to gamers following the games and not some company?

i'm okay. letting microsoft announce the MP games at their event and then sony announce actual exclusive games only on ps4 at E3

dreaming

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You guys think they'll reveal the multiplayer tomorrow at the Xbox event? Seems plausible, no?
It's possible but I think they'll want to do that at their own E3 conference. It's the biggest thing they have and I don't know if they'd want to blow their load early.

That's what I was referring to.

It's not that the ps4 version can sell 4 or 5 million copies anyway. A big moneyhat can very well cover that.

BF5 full multiplat (maybe avoinding ps360 if next gen's install base is big enough).

Ignoring PS4 now could cripple the sales of sequels on PS4. It's more than just skipping one game. Look just at what happened to CoD on Wii. CoD3 actually sold pretty well on Wii then they skipped MW and sales went to shit with BO.

DaBoss

Nope, I like Sony's first party titles and with Battlefield typically being a third party game that's been available for most (except Wii U) platforms I shouldn't have to buy a system for that game I feel.

OK, I pretty much expected this kind of response. Interesting to say the least.

Whenever they show it, I hope it's the MP and not more of the campaign.

It's always amusing how brand hatred and loyalty makes people so dramatic. I find it hard to believe this will be Durango exclusive, but whatever happened to gamers following the games and not some company?

They follow games but not when those games are with a company that has a paywall for online play.

I like that people are seriously entertaining the idea that all of EA's upcoming titles are next XBOX exclusive, despite how ridiculous the idea is.

Top Bottom