• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: "Big announcements are coming soon"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why the fuck are all these game being revealed along with the Xbox that were basically absent from the PS4 unveiling? It's like all those big multiplatform games that were advertised as Xbox games all over again. I've heard of people who bought COD on 360 this gen because they didn't know it was even available on other platforms.

A combination of various marketing deals and not being ready to show in February.

Why the fuck are all these game being revealed along with the Xbox that were basically absent from the PS4 unveiling? It's like all those big multiplatform games that were advertised as Xbox games all over again. I've heard of people who bought COD on 360 this gen because they didn't know it was even available on other platforms.

Partnerships and money hats, and it obviously works. There's a reason the 360 versions of CoD always outsell the PS3 versions.

Linconan

ZxgY7rN.png

Conspiracy
Not really.
Could be a Misunderstanding.

The Question was about the Code etc carrying across.
EA could've been just talking about that nothing has been announced for Playstation 4 in that regard.
Not Generally about Battlefield 4 on Playstation 4
And then the Tweet, taken outta context.

RedSwirl

Partnerships and money hats, and it obviously works. There's a reason the 360 versions of CoD always outsell the PS3 versions.

The fucked up prat is that Nintendo actually managed to pull this with EA towards the end of the Gamecube years. You saw it happen with a few multiplatform games being advertised primarily as PS3 games in recent years too.

Ms will have origin on the durango and all ea games will be exclusive for a short period....dont write it off ..not like ms dont have any money to spend.....crossplay with pc will also be possible

rschauby

Banned
Considering BF3 has been completely shut down over the past week by DDOS "hackers" I don't think now is the best time to divert any attention towards BatlteField.

stryke

Not really, depends where you live. COD on PS3 sells more in Australia and we get the same type of marketing except somewhat downscaled. Why that is when the console came a year later and was launched at one grand is beyond me.

While the association seems a lot more potent in the US, it doesn't appear to universally work.

I'm betting on a Durango next gen exclusive version of BF4. Never underestimate MS in moneyhat-panic mode.

Well they said they want to go more towards the MLG side of things with BF4 and considering the best BF players are on PC I doubt there would be an exclusive. The very thought is just dumb to begin with anyway

This has to be a DLC Related non sense, I am hoping its not full game exclusive non sense.

We are just starting next gen, It would be a terrible move to put a game this give only on next xbox.

The fear of their actually being a real exclusive almost makes me wish it would happen to watch people meltdown. Just don't understand why people care so much. There will be more than enough games to play so worry about which systems gets an exclusive seems silly.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Microsoft has a lot of money, don't they?
They have a lot of money but that doesn't mean they're going to blow it all on buying up exclusives for Durango. That money went to R&D, marketing, Live development, and their own game development. The Xbox division doesn't get as much cash as a lot of forum goers think

G_Berry

Banned

That and XBL is a much better platform for getting all your mates together seamlessly, joining party chat etc etc.

Also, COD multi on the 360 started with COD2 and almost all of the people I know that played that, still play COD on 360.

Prologue

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just waiting for both consoles to be announced instead of one. I know Ubisoft announced for ps4 but you might as well wait.

Radec

Haha, imagine Battlefield 4 exclusive to Nextbox on next gen consoles. Then Call of Duty Ghosts also retains the 1 month DLC exclusivity deal.

Lets look at what has happened so far

Rumours about durangos always on.....sounds allot like a steam/origin service

No ea at ps4 reveal

Wiiu support at zero for now

Ea dropping the online passes. ...wont need them if durango has a origin like service

AND then we have ea announcing they will be showing off their aaa titles at a ms event... better start stockpiling those tissues if your a sony fan I think ms are about to pull off the biggest moneyhat ever.

Would be a pretty crappy way to go about it from a gamer point of view but ms do have the coin....may also be the reason why we saw a ps4 reveal so early as it was some sort of counter....tomorrow is gonna be good

Getting exclusive next gen BF would just be EA handing a extra few million sales to COD each year.

UNLESS MS HAS SIGNED BOTH BF AND COD AS NEXT GEN EXCLUSIVES!!

When did Sony shit the bed with EA?

Probably the used games stuff but we still dont have a clear picture on how ether console is handling that just yet.
But lets just assume the obvious thing which this is just down to a giant moneyhat, the size of which makes 50 million for GTAIV DLC look like a micro transaction.

RussellXV

Haha, imagine Battlefield 4 exclusive to Nextbox on next gen consoles. Then Call of Duty Ghosts also retains the 1 month DLC exclusivity deal.

Someone mentioned EA as Worst Company of the Year? Yeah, look for them to retain that title if it's exclusive to just the new Xbox.

Lets look at what has happened so far

Rumours about durangos always on.....sounds allot like a steam/origin service

No ea at ps4 reveal

Wiiu support at zero for now

Ea dropping the online passes. ...wont need them if durango has a origin like service

AND then we have ea announcing they will be showing off their aaa titles at a ms event... better start stockpiling those tissues if your a sony fan I think ms are about to pull off the biggest moneyhat ever.

Would be a pretty crappy way to go about it from a gamer point of view but ms do have the coin....may also be the reason why we saw a ps4 reveal so early as it was some sort of counter....tomorrow is gonna be good

Wow. Just wow.

Top Bottom