• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Campaign gamesave bug? (All platforms)

So this will be the third time I will be starting the campaign over (Xbox One). When I load the game I only have the option to start a new game. No progress was saved. Last night I played for about 2 hours :/ Figured the Live issues last night were the cause but when I tried again this morning... still gone.

I checked EA forums and found this detailing the same issue on PS3 , PC, PS4 and 360 with no acknowledgement from EA. There is a thread on Battlelog as well.

Anybody come across this? I was really enjoying the campaign so this is supremely annoying.

I can't figure out how to disable cloud saves on the X1. You don't get the "choose storage option" on game start as you do with 360. Apparently the work around on other consoles is saving to hard disk/ thumb drive manually (?)

Guess I'll try and play it in one sitting over the weekend to be safe.

If anyone figures this out (specifically on X1) please PM me and post here. Thanks!

CozMick

Banned
PS3 version here.

25 hours into multiplayer, my system crashes, I come back online and my single player game save has been reset including my scores.

Everything multiplayer related is unaffected.

A big, huge, xbox one, gigantic fuck you to Dice.

Stoffinator

I've had it delete my game save about three times on me now. It has always happened when I've had the game crash on me from multiplayer.

I've had it delete my game save about three times on me now. It has always happened when I've had the game crash on me from multiplayer.

Had that happen to me too, but honestly, who hasn't crashed in MP yet? Lots of speculation about the cause of this bug but still no word from DICE.

Save me GAF! You're my only hope!

enewtabie

PS4 version. Got to the fourth mission and quit. Started back up and got the corrupted save warning and had to start from scratch. I'm not touching sp again until it's fixed.

Bizazedo

Happening to all of us. Annoying, too, as the single player seems acceptable this go-round. I daresay I was enjoying it.

Much like the MP issues, though, everyone that's not a grunt like the rest of us is ignoring it (although in another thread it sounds like the 64 player servers are working this morning).

Like The Salt

Neo Member
Happened to me 4 times on PS3 and once on PS4. After it did it on PS4, I decided to wait another month or so before trying again. Wasn't even a MP crash that caused it... I beat 5 of the 7 levels one day and went back to finish it the next day (no multiplayer inbetween) and my progress was gone. Frustrating.

I've heard that if you disconnect your internet connection that it shouldn't have that issue. Haven't tried it. Shouldn't have to try it.

wicko

Managed to beat the campaign and get the high scores but when I went for collectibles I noticed my save was gone.. which was strange since MP was the last thing I played (read: tried to play). Rush job for sure..

Just as bad on PS4, if not worse. I have a hard time believing the Xbone version is just as bad as PS4, but if it is then that's just embarrassing.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
PS4 version here, no problems with the save file, though the game has crashed on me multiple times.

MDSLKTR

It's basically the buggiest game I ever played (ps4 version). Lost sp progress, disconnections in the middle of a game, impossible to connect to many game modes, return to dashboard etc.. etc... When it works it's amazing tough

Tayaya

The patch for this issue should be out early next week (according to the last update from DiCE, so consider yourself lucky if you're just now starting up BF4 as you should only have to endure this problem for a couple of days. Some players have had this going on for weeks!

I have the PS4 version, and I have to deal with both the game save bug AND crashes. Though I've played a couple of hours for the last 3 days with no crashes at all, so that's been kinda nice. I'm still too afraid to play the campaign again though!

Same thing happened to me on the 360. I decided to return to the campaign because I didn't picked some dog tags and I found that all my progress was wiped.
I was going to buy it on X1 but if this shit keeps happening I rather wait till DICE fix this mess.

RobbieNick

New PS4 patch came out. Played some MP. Went back today to do some single player and it was wiped out again for the THIRD FUCKING TIME!! How?!!!....How can you fuck up something so simple as saving game progress?! It's the most basic thing to implement possible. It's fucking inexcusable on every level!! It even erased my MP progress.

I'm so fucking done with this shit. I'm trading it in towards Call of Duty Ghosts.

Top Bottom