• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 E3 Livestream News Summary and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I assume there will be a gaf BF4 on PS4 thread :p

Also I'm glad they're putting in a practice mode. I aspire to be that good.

Just jump into an empty server and practice... most of us can pilot that good. Actually, that's the easiest part of piloting.

moho-foe

Neo Member
BF4 will have Premium, but they probably wont announce it until next year.

They should be selling BF4 with premium at a discount now rather than to wait to talk about it later.

Pre-order for a free DLC map pack vs Buy BF4 premium and get a free DLC map pack. Just like BF3 and back to karkand.

Evolved1

the regular stuff isn't that impressive but when he went into the building and stuff, that's too much for me.

He actually screwed up in there and got stuck, lost the chopper.

You should see the guys pilot the little birds in the D.Peak tunnels... I'm a pretty decent little bird pilot, and can fly in the tunnels decently enough, but I've seen dudes on YouTube that are like wtf in there... perfect piloting, never let it get away from them even slightly. Very impressive.

Evolved1

I wish they would give more fucking details on the single player mode.

They've demo'd two big chunks of it... what do you want to know? They might have commented on it already.

He actually screwed up in there and got stuck, lost the chopper.

You should see the guys pilot the little birds in the D.Peak tunnels... I'm a pretty decent little bird pilot, and can fly in the tunnels decently enough, but I've seen dudes on YouTube that are like wtf in there... perfect piloting, never let it get away from them even slightly. Very impressive.

crazyyy, makes me want to get better at it.

kitch9

Banned
I wonder why they can't confirm the resolution. The CTO confirmed PS4 was running 1080p 60fps on financial earnings call. I mean if both xbox and ps4 were 720p or 1080p they would just come out and say, "both platforms are running at 720p. we've prioritized smooth gameplay over resolution." My thought is that either they don't want to make their game sound inferior to other FPS by mentioning the resolution, or one of the two platforms is NOT running at 1080p.

If PS4 is running at full 1080p I fully expect Xbox to be running at say 1400x1080 or less looking at the specs of the GPUs of the 2 machines.

Yes they confirmed it for PS4 and Xbone

They've confirmed full 1080p for Xbox? Where?

rafaelr

CVG interviewed Patrick Bach, and he gives some nice infos that´s not been covered so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_33O6HxLhN0

some interesting bits:
- consoles aren´t done yet, working with first parties to optimize & tweak fb3 for these platforms. but they have a high standard already now. designed for scalability, easy to work with
- in a way they are their own worst critics/target audience
- they want to give more tools to players to create bf moments (like levolution)
- rebuilt a lot of stuff under the hood: easier to support/change stuff in realtime, without the need for downloading big patches
- update stuff like weapons or player models directly, without hurting the memory footprint of the game
- good things with new policies faster fixes took a month even though you knew what was wrong with the game
- cloud is cool but specific - if you want to do things real time it´s not cloud based really

Menelaus

Banned
Want some screenies?

battlefield_4_-_angry_sea_single_player_screens_4.jpg

battlefield_4_-_angry_sea_single_player_screens_5.jpg

battlefield_4_-_angry_sea_single_player_screens_6.jpg

battlefield_4_-_angry_sea_single_player_screens_7.jpg

battlefield_4_-_siege_on_shanghai_multiplayer_screens_1.jpg

battlefield_4_-_siege_on_shanghai_multiplayer_screens_2.jpg

battlefield_4_-_siege_on_shanghai_multiplayer_screens_3.jpg

battlefield_4_-_siege_on_shanghai_multiplayer_screens_4.jpg

vixlar

In this video (spanish), almost when it ends, the narrator says that the column you can destroy to bring down the parking lot is different from other columns. He says like it is very damaged or still in construction. (Very damaged my guess... if it was in construction the parking lot must be closed :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJP17BMwcRQ

Marleyman

Banned
By far my most anticipated game behind GTA V this year. I am still playing BF3 on Xbox with a strong group of friends. Only thing that bothers me is that I want to play BF4 as soon as it comes out, however the only way to do that is on the 360, which will be gimped in comparison to the PS4/Xbox One versions. I wish they would launch the new systems the day it comes out so I don't have to double dip.

Menelaus

Banned
By far my most anticipated game behind GTA V this year. I am still playing BF3 on Xbox with a strong group of friends. Only thing that bothers me is that I want to play BF4 as soon as it comes out, however the only way to do that is on the 360, which will be gimped in comparison to the PS4/Xbox One versions. I wish they would launch the new systems the day it comes out so I don't have to double dip.

You literally can't wait 2 weeks without double dipping? Hardcore!

GodofWine

Any word on if this iteration will make playing with more than five friends possible? Even if it can split up the group into two squads or whatever? PS4 party chat should make sure that people can talk across squads.

Mahonay

Banned
I have my PS4 Battlefield 4 bundle pre-ordered already.

As someone who plays the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 3, getting to play with 60fps is going to fucking amazing. I find myself yelling at my TV more and more lately while playing 360 BF3, when the game drops to 10-15 frames and I can barely tell what the fuck is going on, let alone shoot anyone.

Of course going from 24 to 64 players is going to be pretty glorious as well. I've put in about 400+ hours into BF3. My mouth waters thinking about all of the fresh meat waiting for me, hahah. Hopefully I'm able to get used to the PS4 controller fast enough that I'm able to take advantage of that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
CVG interviewed Patrick Bach, and he gives some nice infos that´s not been covered so far

some interesting bits:
- consoles aren´t done yet, working with first parties to optimize & tweak fb3 for these platforms. but they have a high standard already now. designed for scalability, easy to work with
- they want to give more tools to players to create bf moments (like levolution)
- rebuilt a lot of stuff under the hood: easier to support/change stuff in realtime, without the need for downloading big patches
- update stuff like weapons or player models directly, without hurting the memory footprint of the game
- good things with new policies faster fixes took a month even though you knew what was wrong with the game
- cloud is cool but specific - if you want to do things real time it´s not cloud based really

YES! You don't know how horrible is for me when a friend asks me to play BF3 with him only to encounter a 2GB patch every time.

I'm not kidding. Every. Single. Time.

Smokey

I have my PS4 Battlefield 4 bundle pre-ordered already.

As someone who plays the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 3, getting to play with 60fps is going to fucking amazing. I find myself yelling at my TV more and more lately while playing 360 BF3, when the game drops to 10-15 frames and I can barely tell what the fuck is going on, let alone shoot anyone.

Of course going from 24 to 64 players is going to be pretty glorious as well. I've put in about 400+ hours into BF3. My mouth waters thinking about all of the fresh meat waiting for me, hahah. Hopefully I'm able to get used to the PS4 controller fast enough that I'm able to take advantage of that.

Sorry, I lol'd at this :p

64p and 60fps is going to mindfuck so many console players

Menelaus

Banned
For a brief period of time, midrange PCs and consoles will dip their toes in the same glorious waters. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Cassius

Thought about getting Premium a few weeks ago, but now it would seem senseless to do so since everyone is just going to migrate to this.

Mahonay

Banned
Thought about getting Premium a few weeks ago, but now it would seem senseless to do so since everyone is just going to migrate to this.
A ton of people still play BF3. If you're able to get it on the cheap, I'd say do it. Still fun as hell, with a huge selection of maps.

The experience will help you have a leg up when BF4 comes out. Battlefield games are pretty dense, any practice you can get is valuable.

Thermite

some interesting bits:

I'm pretty sure Dice said this was the case for Battlefield 3 before it released as well, but we still ended up having to download gigantic patches - even if we didn't have the DLC. Hopefully they stick to their word this time and actually pull off a much better updating system.

I started getting back to BF3 (got LE + CQ). I only played 20 hours before but I've already had a lot of "Battlefield moments". I'm not sure if it's advisable for me to buy BF4 too, but I really like the sound of more destruction and vehicle practice. There aren't a lot of low latency flight school servers for me.

Still hoping the requirements aren't a big jump. I want 60fps on my i3-2100 + 5850 even on Low.

rafaelr

The beauty of it is that all 12 players can then communicate. You just need one person per squad to do it (can prompt them with a message, etc.), then they can tell their squadmates to follow suit.

if only it worked as intended...
i rarely finish a session of bf3 on ps3 without voice chat turned off, simply because some clown has to blast annoying music in the background or talk nonstop about stuff that nobody cares for.

Joeki11a

Banned
Will this games realism hurt it?
COD is a gamey game, its comical if you think about it.

BF seems like a real simulation of chaotic war
I can only assume some War vets not being able to handle BF presentation.

dorkimoe

Will this games realism hurt it?
COD is a gamey game, its comical if you think about it.

BF seems like a real simulation of chaotic war
I can only assume some War vets not being able to handle BF presentation.

no. Bf is not a realism sim. That would be ARma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom