• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't play this game anymore as long as the Chromatic Aberration is going off all the time.. makes me nauseous.

Been playing FPS's a long time and I haven't felt like this since zooming around Wolf3d..

just saw dice's pathetic example of "player appreciation"

oh wow double xp really makes up for the game literally being unplayable for several weeks

also pretty sure dice broke something again, getting way more game instability since yesterday

todahawk

By DICE saying they won't be adding it from the main/start menu are they just being specific? They can't seriously mean they're not adding the option at all, right?

Why the fuck do they want to actively want to make it so hard to play with friends? Beyond ridiculous. Just fucking insane.

Nameless

By DICE saying they won't be adding it from the main/start menu are they just being specific? They can't seriously mean they're not adding the option at all, right?

Why the fuck do they want to actively want to make it so hard to play with friends? Beyond ridiculous. Just fucking insane.

It's bullshit but I get it. There were countless times in BC2 where I'd enter a match on or against the side getting sodomized by a team with 4-8 players sharing a clan tag. There's already this perception that Battlefield is difficult to break into compared to other shooters, so why make it easy for skilled, organized players to feast on randoms mercilessly and drive them away from buying premium memberships?

snack

It's bullshit but I get it. There were countless times in BC2 where I'd enter a match on or against the side getting sodomized by a team with 4-8 players sharing a clan tag. There's already this perception that Battlefield is difficult to break into compared to other shooters, so why make it easy for skilled, organized players to feast on randoms mercilessly and drive them away from buying premium memberships?

Right now we are playing a game of musical chairs where one person is joining the other person's game before it is filled up.

How is this current method valid?

This perception only comes from the terrible post-BF3 grindfest in my mind, maybe if you're talking BF2 PR, but every Battlefield game since BC1 has been very simple to adapt to.

kudoboi

I can't play this game anymore as long as the Chromatic Aberration is going off all the time.. makes me nauseous.

Been playing FPS's a long time and I haven't felt like this since zooming around Wolf3d..

the upcoming patch will fix it

have there been any news on how well BF4 sold? so far all we have is stats on current users playing the game.

bVcQ8Xe.png

Syncytia

As much as the no squad joining is stupid, the squad thing ended up not working in BF3 once custom servers came into the mix.

Everyone put on auto balance (ok, in itself that's fine) but their auto balance is way too strict. One more person on a team and the game would be ready to bring down the hammer at a moments notice. My friend and I would never get into a game together, it always split us up even though we joined as a squad and the game even knows were XBL friends. So then it was a process, which really came down to luck sometimes, of one of us trying to switch to the others team....and I can't count how many times we got auto balanced back after doing so, because the game couldn't handle one team having two more than the other.

Anyway, for two people in BF4, I've found that joining the same team isn't a problem. I just join my friend and were on the same team. I can see larger groups being a problem though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the difference between "Official" and "Ranked" servers ? Official servers still seem to be community hosted.

Ticket count and EA supported IIRC. But that hasn't been worth shit on PC since BC2.

On consoles it's [DICE]/EA hosted servers IIRC.

AmyS

On PS4 I witnessed framerate dips for the first time a little while ago on Operation Locker - Conquest Large 64. I've been playing the PS4 version since launch, the framerate in both SP and MP has always appeared to be a locked 60fps no matter what.

The framerate drop was pretty severe actually. It was during moments of many people in the match and on-screen with lots of explosions, fire and smoke everywhere. At first I wasn't sure if it was internet lag, framerate or a combination of both but regardless it became unplayable until I redeployed.

Interestingly, the match never actually crashed.

ThisOne

On PS4 I witnessed framerate dips for the first time a little while ago on Operation Locker - Conquest Large 64. I've been playing the PS4 version since launch, the framerate in both SP and MP has always appeared to be a locked 60fps no matter what.

The framerate drop was pretty severe actually. It was during moments of many people in the match and on-screen with lots of explosions, fire and smoke everywhere. At first I wasn't sure if it was internet lag, framerate or a combination of both but regardless it became unplayable until I redeployed.

Yep lots of frame drops in 64-player games. Hoping it's more a connectivity issue and that it can be sorted out in an upcoming patch. Otherwise, I may not spend much time playing 64-player matches. Is it possible to play Conquest with just 32 people?

todahawk

Was playing 64 conquest last night on the map with the Gold Coast hotel (Hainan Resort) and each time a part of if came down (the main hotel at C) it turned into a slideshow. No exaggeration it was one frame every second or so. It just ground to a complete halt. Wasn't just me, the guys in my party all described the same thing. Didn't crash either.

edit: also had frame drops, just a bit but definitely noticeable, on Operation Locker. But it was on Domination at one of the choke points and there was probably 50 grenades and rockets in the air

bakeray

A friend and I can't even get into a game together on the Xbone version. Been trying for an hour. I thought the PC's servers sucked but this is ridiculous.

Was playing 64 conquest last night on the map with the Gold Coast hotel (Hainan Resort) and each time a part of if came down (the main hotel at C) it turned into a slideshow. No exaggeration it was one frame every second or so. It just ground to a complete halt. Wasn't just me, the guys in my party all described the same thing. Didn't crash either.

edit: also had frame drops, just a bit but definitely noticeable, on Operation Locker. But it was on Domination at one of the choke points and there was probably 50 grenades and rockets in the air

Yep, when the Hotel part came down it was actually a frame a second.

Right now we are playing a game of musical chairs where one person is joining the other person's game before it is filled up.

How is this current method valid?
it's valid for the people who don't team stack with friends! it makes sense, i swear.

use the server browser to find a game with more than enough space.

snack

it's valid for the people who don't team stack with friends! it makes sense, i swear.

use the server browser to find a game with more than enough space.

I dunno... by the time I want my friends to join my 59/64 game it's already full. I could find empty servers to play in but what's the point of that?

I dislike how low health is. And I swear recoil is seriously reduced as well. It just makes for an experience that seems way too lightning fast/reaction based.

I miss the BF3 way where recoil seemed heavy enough and health seemed like it was a tad bit higher. Am I the only one?

Also, guess I should add some of you for PS4. Can't stand pub matches

Yep my game starts framing sometimes when the hotel comes down. Levolution is nonsense in most cases.

I miss the BF3 way where recoil seemed heavy enough and health seemed like it was a tad bit higher. Am I the only one?

Not just you. You die faster in this game for sure.

Does anyone else feel Siege of Shanghai would be better with a slightly higher player count? It seems really empty when I play even with all 64 slots filled up.

Kolgar

Is there a save glitch in the PS4 campaign?

I've restarted this thing like three times, thinking I messed up by choosing a different difficulty level. But now, going in after a few days off, I see no option besides, "START NEW CAMPAIGN."

I think I'm shit-canning this thing if my save is gone. Any ideas?

It's gone and it's a very common issue. I had to restart 2 or 3 times before I finished it with this method:

It's a pain in the ass and the SP isn't even very good.

Thank you. I don't know if I will bother. To be honest, as excited as I was for PS4, this and Killzone have me regretting my purchase.

hew9753

Is there a save glitch in the PS4 campaign?

I've restarted this thing like three times, thinking I messed up by choosing a different difficulty level. But now, going in after a few days off, I see no option besides, "START NEW CAMPAIGN."

I think I'm shit-canning this thing if my save is gone. Any ideas?

It's gone and it's a very common issue. I had to restart 2 or 3 times before I finished it with this method:

Still happening as far as I know.

I finally made it through the SP by turning off auto save uploading and disconnecting from PSN when I play. Every time I completed a mission I backed out of the game, reconnected to PSN and manually uploaded my save to the cloud. Then I signed out of PSN again and continued playing.

If your game does crash and your save gets corrupted, just delete it from the system and download the cloud save. It sucks having to replay part of a mission but it beats having to start from the beginning.

It's a pain in the ass and the SP isn't even very good.

AmyS

I forgot to mention that I experienced the framerate drops when there were loads of rockets being shot off and exploding.

Is it possible to play Conquest with just 32 people?

With PS4 BF4, when I am using a separate device for Battlelog (I'm using a cheap netbook laptop) under Game Size, it gives me a choice of:

Other

Unless I'm missing it somehow, I do not see that choice in server browser within the PS4 game itself.

Naked Lunch

Mmm. Just for clarification, when you say "ugly" are you talking about native 720p instead of 900 like the PS4, or is it missing effects too?

I'm not too fussed on resolution, to be honest. So if it's just that I can manage.

Its not ugly whatsoever. Looks clean and plays/runs smooth as fuck. All that matters for an online FPS. Plays beautifully on XB1.

Posted from the other thread since I might reach a more broad audience here:

To anyone that own the PS4 version:

Should I exchange my sealed copy for the PS3 version and upgrade to the PS4 version after the game's been fixed or just get Killzone instead?

Amazon will have all of the version on sale for $25 during Black Friday week. Walmart will have it for $25 on Black Friday next week as well..Should I wait for this one instead of exchanging the PS4 version for the PS3 version/Killzone?

TheSeks

Straight negative KDR playing with Splinter, Anton, Sco and a few others in Rush and Obliteration today while everyone else does better.

No one spotting. *sigh* :(

That and me running around corners/in the open to five people firing bullets on me before I can react. Fucking netcode.

I'll be on in a little bit, hopefully ya'll are playing Obliteration over Conquest. >_>

Dug

Banned
Playing 64 player Conquest on Operation Locker, I'm pretty sure you have a 100% guarantee of getting a kill when you throw a grenade. Gets pretty hectic on that map.

Does anyone else feel Siege of Shanghai would be better with a slightly higher player count? It seems really empty when I play even with all 64 slots filled up.

That's because everyone and their mother dick ride the C building, once it goes down and everyone wakes up from their dust induced coma the map evens out for the most part.

Steel

Banned

Should I exchange my sealed copy for the PS3 version and upgrade to the PS4 version after the game's been fixed or just get Killzone instead?

Amazon will have all of the version on sale for $25 during Black Friday week. Walmart will have it for $25 on Black Friday next week as well..Should I wait for this one instead of exchanging the PS4 version for the PS3 version/Killzone?

There's a patch next week and everything's currently playable as much as it is on the PC version at this point.

There's a patch next week and everything's currently playable as much as it is on the PC version at this point.

I'm still not convinced that it will be COMPLETELY patched next week. All we got was an "ETA." Nothing more. For all we know, the patch could be out sometime before Christmas.

That being said, I'm not convinced that my $60 that went towards the B2G1 target sale is justified especially over a broken game. I feel that that the way BF4 is now in its current state isnt even worth $60. It's more like $30 at the moment.

Jinjo

PS3 version is just as busted. Hardlocks about every two matches for me, if not worse.

Steel

Banned
I'm still not convinced that it will be COMPLETELY patched next week. All we got was an "ETA." Nothing more. For all we know, the patch could be out sometime before Christmas.

That being said, I'm not convinced that my $60 that went towards the B2G1 target sale is justified especially over a broken game. I feel that that the way BF4 is now in its current state isnt even worth $60. It's more like $30 at the moment.

I suppose if you feel that way you should, far be it from me to protect EA's sales. Just saying, I'd wait till the patch to see whether or not the game's broke.

Grief.exe

PS3 version is just as busted. Hardlocks about every two matches for me, if not worse.

What a joke.

People tend to attribute these type of issues solely to the PC platform. This is probably the worst launch since Sim City, and its arguable that this is much worse.

EA is such a joke, at what point does it become deplorable to purchase an EA game? This should be what puts people over the edge.

you should because it saves you money, not because you want stability.

you should because it saves you money, not because you want stability.

No, I'm exchanging the game because I expect any game to be stable upon release. BF4 however, is not stable, ergo, I expected better from DICE. DICE doesnt deserve my $60. Killzone deserves it far more because they released a game that is incredibly stable and does not need to be patched in order to make the game work right.

More stability = worth my money. BF4 isn't this.

No, I'm exchanging the game because I expect any game to be stable upon release. BF4 however, is not stable, ergo, I expected better from DICE. DICE doesnt deserve my $60. Killzone deserves it far more because they released a game that is incredibly stable and does not need to be patched in order to make the game work right.

More stability = worth my money. BF4 isn't this.

well, it's stable, but it's still Killzone...

TheSeks

So much lag today. :/ Have an 80 ping in a server and text takes two minutes to show up. WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom