• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Ranges for classes. To where you can't shoot "out of your intended range" to hassle snipers. In BF4, I can shoot an SMG at someone about 500 meters down range on Siege of Shanghai, get hits on them in addition to Suppression (on both sides) and possibly kill them. Here, you have no means of doing that to where Snipers are the go-to answer if you want to attempt to have any semblance of hitting at all ranges.

I get they want to fix the BC2-style "all guns can snipe across the map because they have no drop outside of snipers" but come on.

Haha screw that!

Im so happy with range in this game. Assault players should never be as effective as Medic in mid to long range. I love the class balance in this game for being distinct and having weaknesses.

BF4 was such a hot mess with people playing any weapon.

Surfinn

Haha screw that!

Im so happy with range in this game. Assault players should never be as effective as Medic in mid to long range. I love the class balance in this game for being distinct and having weaknesses.

BF4 was such a hot mess with people playing any weapon.

It's still incredibly difficult to kill a sniper from extreme ranges without a sniper rifle (as infantry). If you die to that (as a sniper) you deserved to be killed. You should definitely be able to hit anyone from any range so long as your weapon can make the distance.

But either way it doesn't matter too much to me as those players don't contribute much anyway.

Lulu23

Can't go back to low FOV after the beta. Dice, pls.

Also, have you guys heard any word about a Neo patch for this since the reveal yesterday?

Mahonay

Banned
Can't go back to low FOV after the beta. Die, pls.

Also, have you guys heard any word about a Neo patch for this since the reveal yesterday?
No Neo patches announced for any Battlefield games yet, but it's still early and Sony has only announced a few games.

jacobs34

Is there still a group of people here that play BF4 consistently? I'm jumping in now that the DLC's are free, and I'll probably be on three or four nights a week until BF1 releases. PSN is MrJCJacobs if anyone wants to play. I should be on tonight around 11 PM Central Time.

Surfinn

Is there still a group of people here that play BF4 consistently? I'm jumping in now that the DLC's are free, and I'll probably be on three or four nights a week until BF1 releases. PSN is MrJCJacobs if anyone wants to play. I should be on tonight around 11 PM Central Time.

Are all of the DLCs free? I thought it told me I had to buy one a few days ago.

Surfinn

They are all free for the next six days.

I downloaded 2 of them before for free (notified via email).. are there instructions on how to get all of them? Was gunna make sure I grab them all when I get home.

EDIT:

Looks like you just need to navigate to this page and click the orange links below each of the expansions on that page and follow the directions. Thanks for the heads up guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They are all free until September 19th.

Now free on Origin also for the PC players.

Run, don't walk, to the nearest platform specific store or website.

Except NA PS3. PS3 there still is charged. :/ I need Final Stand to have them all for PS3.

jacobs34

Damn this game is still a lot of fun. It's probably been over a year since I've touched it last, but it only took a couple of matches to get back into the hang of things. No matter how many games I play I'll never get tired of the chaos that can happen at any moment. The BF1 Beta did not even touch how crazy things can get in BF4.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I average like 85fps in every map on max settings, except for two spots in Siege of Shanghai that drop my fps to the 30s! They're by the destroyed building, and when I look one way the fps will be in the 80s/90s, but as I turn the fps just drops to 50, then 40, then 30. Just like that.

Is this a common issue on this map?

Here's one of the spots I'm talking about in this random YouTube video. Seems like it happens to this guy, too. If the guy went left instead of right toward the crash site that would be the other spot I'm talking about.

TheSeks

Except NA PS3. PS3 there still is charged. :/ I need Final Stand to have them all for PS3.

Well, that was fixed today apparently. Got Final Stand. So I have all the PS3 content along with the PS4 stuff
lol like I'm playing on PS4 though

Faceless, how many players does a server need to start a game? Because if it's only 2, I need to get the assignments done on PS3 for the "all assignments" map pack achievements so I can get the multiplayer achievements. >_>

Well, that was fixed today apparently. Got Final Stand. So I have all the PS3 content along with the PS4 stuff
lol like I'm playing on PS4 though

Faceless, how many players does a server need to start a game? Because if it's only 2, I need to get the assignments done on PS3 for the "all assignments" map pack achievements so I can get the multiplayer achievements. >_>

iirc it's 4

Surfinn

I do love BF4 but the lock-on weapons are still out of control. Nothing worse than driving a tank out of base in an open map and having to repair after about 10 seconds of driving.

Wish they weren't in the game or were severely limited/nerfed.. all you need is a decent squad or another tank to remove the threat. But lock-on is skilless.

This will be enough to get me through to BF1 though.

Mahonay

Banned
I do love BF4 but the lock-on weapons are still out of control. Nothing worse than driving a tank out of base in an open map and having to repair after about 10 seconds of driving.

Wish they weren't in the game or were severely limited/nerfed.. all you need is a decent squad or another tank to remove the threat. Lock-on is skilless.

This will be enough to get me through to BF1.
Things like no lock-on missiles feels amazing in BF1, after having to deal with this shit for both BF3 and BF4.

Surfinn

Things like no lock-on missiles feels amazing in BF1, after having to deal with this shit for both BF3 and BF4.

I honestly think it should just be removed from the game now that I'm thinking about it more. Anything that is point and click adds nothing to the game and encourages people to disengage from strategy.

BF1 was incredible because you actually had to work together (wow.. real teamwork?) to bring down a tank. You have to take risks and get close.. time grenades to effectively damage and destroy tanks. No point and click adventures here.

I get that lock-on equipment is real but it doesn't have any place in the BF universe, from a gameplay perspective.

It feels SO GOOD to not have to worry about it for once. And no more mortar spam from out of bounds (M142, I'm looking at you).

WillyFive

Yeah, vehicle gameplay is massively improved in BF1 thanks to the removal of lock on. Especially for planes.

Unfortunately, it seems DICE will listen to the wrong people (those complaining they can't take down tanks by themselves) and probably ruin them in BF1 just like they did for BF4 (by making them out of paper).

TheSeks

iirc it's 4

Ugh. I doubt there's a boost group going on, and those assignments like the Metro 3 roof area things are just dumb. :/

Unfortunately, it seems DICE will listen to the wrong people (those complaining they can't take down tanks by themselves).

Nobody is necessarily saying that. Just that the sandbox design needs to be retooled. There was no reason for tanks to go into grenade ranges, even on Conquest. None which made them impossible to take down or even damage. And if you damaged them, they could self-repair the damage off. How was that fair for the person attempting to damage them for their team to take out/respawn and take out themselves?

But that's a whole 'nother issue with the game (no Engineer class, totally removed outside of pilot seats which have no reason to GET OUT OF THE TANK and be used...).

Surfinn

Can anyone help me out? I don't know how to launch BF4 anymore.. I'm using Chrome and Windows 10. I think W10 just did an update and now the BF icon just disappears after a few seconds and doesn't come back up. But I can still see the BF4 program in task manager.

I was playing on and off every day or so with no problems.

WillyFive

Can anyone help me out? I don't know how to launch BF4 anymore.. I'm using Chrome and Windows 10. I think W10 just did an update and now the BF icon just disappears after a few seconds and doesn't come back up. But I can still see the BF4 program in task manager.

End the Origin process and try again.

TheSeks

I've tried that and restarted my computer a few times. Still the same. :(

EDIT: Now it's just saying "joining server" and sitting there, regardless of what server I'm trying to connect to. I don't get it..

It might be your RAM. It happens now and then to where it's trying to clear the RAM out before starting the process or something.

Maybe reboot and restart BF4? IDK.

Surfinn

Posting this as a potential fix for anyone else who had the same/a similar issue (worked for me):

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is what broke BF4. So:

Fix for being stuck at "joining server":

1. Go to C:\OriginLibrary\Battlefield 4, or wherever your BF4 installation is.
2. Right click "BF4WebHelper.exe", Properties, Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program as administrator"
3. Repeat these steps for "BF4X86WebHelper.exe".

Fix for icon disappearing upon entering/loading game:

Delete the "Battlefield 4" folder in your documents. This will reset the game to using Fullscreen mode; the W10 update breaks Boarderless mode for BF4. If you change your game to Boarderless and exit, you will not be able to launch BF4 and will have to delete your folder again.

Hope this helps, I'm up and running again.

Thanks for the replies.

zedge

Can't you launch it from the origin dashboard? Also I notice on PS4 quick join does not work anymore. Have to go to the server browser to join a large conquest game.

When is the pc version being updated with the new ui?

Surprised that BF4 is only on its second OT considering it's been out for 3 years and has a good long tail sales wise, especially with all the fantastic post launch support and the... controversial launch. Can't wait for BF1, really enjoyed the last couple of years of BF4.

TheSeks

Surprised that BF4 is only on its second OT considering it's been out for 3 years and has a good long tail sales wise, especially with all the fantastic post launch support and the... controversial launch. Can't wait for BF1, really enjoyed the last couple of years of BF4.

The Battlefield community around here is pretty small and most folks generally stick to console (or PC) IM/messengers instead of posting here.

Surfinn

Can't you launch it from the origin dashboard? Also I notice on PS4 quick join does not work anymore. Have to go to the server browser to join a large conquest game.

When is the pc version being updated with the new ui?

Nope it did not work. However the fixes I posted above did.

Mahonay

Banned

The Battlefield community around here is pretty small and most folks generally stick to console (or PC) IM/messengers instead of posting here.
Yep, I have a pretty large group of people I play BF4 with on PS4, and a lot of them are from GAF, they just don't post that much and opt to just communicate over PSN.

Hoping the BF1 gaf community will be active :3

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Um, should I be getting higher frames on Caspian Border at max settings in BF4 than in BF3? It's not hugely different performance, but I swear BF4 runs better. WTF? BF3 is the older game, I thought there'd be a noticeable boost in FPS.

WillyFive

Um, should I be getting higher frames on Caspian Border at max settings in BF4 than in BF3? It's not hugely different performance, but I swear BF4 runs better. WTF? BF3 is the older game, I thought there'd be a noticeable boost in FPS.

BF4 runs better.

Also, in a kinda related note, Ive noticed that BF3 has better graphics than BF4 for most of its maps. More detail, better textures and colors and special effects, etc.

Top Bottom