• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Binabik15

I just played MP for the first time to test the new, not horribly shitty connection. In the last round of Conquest this lil lvl 3 guy was by far the one with the most points in his team :D I hardly killed anyone and died a ton (an AR with ironsights against dudes with scoped LMGs and drum mag granade launchers...seems fair), but I was a better conquerer than those lvl 120+ dudes. Sigh. 9k points is more than I'm used from BC2.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man this game, just got back to it, in-game server browser almost made me cry. Finally.

Also noticed some really funky behaviour, I noticed it had set itself to Ultra preset before, all I did then was turn off the AA (because damn is it costly) and today I noticed I was at 120% Resolution scale, which is all kinds of weird, I figured, drop that shit to 100% and get some extra frames, but nope, at 100% I get locked at 30-45 FPS, very weird lol. But it's essentially flawless with Mantle anyway so I ticked it back up to 120%

WillyFive

I'm annoyed that they finally bothered to add an in-game browser with controller support but didn't bother adding full controller support to the actual game. It's still just as incomplete as it was before, with no aim assist and no UI control.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm so confused guys, why would increasing GPU load make my FPS better. Or is the Resolution Scale slider just broken?

And regarding the controls, I feel you could get an unfair advantage if you had aim assist, imagine people playing sniper, doing fine aim with the mouse and firing with the controller for that extra edge of auto aiming? Would be a nightmare.

olimpia84

So after not playing BF4 for a couple months I decided to jump in for a quick game the other night...now I'm playing this almost daily again.
Yup, this is much more fun than BF1.

terrible

Banned
So after not playing BF4 for a couple months I decided to jump in for a quick game the other night...now I'm playing this almost daily again.
Yup, this is much more fun than BF1.

I wish I could get all my friends to go back to BF4. It really is significantly better than BF1. Even the controls are more responsive on console.

Hakkelus

Yeah, it's pretty much BF3>BF4>BF1. BF3 has so good maps, that's the main advantage over BF4. To bad not many are playing it anymore and there are no high tickrate servers.

Is there anyway to completely turn off the HUD on PS4? I mean including the points earned and kill confirmation? Can't seem to see any way to turn that off in Advanced settings. Aside from playing HC.

Lulu23

on console alot of those non reg maps are dead right ?

Yes. They were all free at some point, still nobody plays them because they are extremely badly integrated into the game.

Hopefully DICE learns and makes future DLCs (like probably in Battlefront 2) just part of a patch.

EYEL1NER

On Xbone I can't even play Dragon Rising or Final Stand maps. The game never loads the maps and sits on a black screen with an infinite loading logo. People have brought it up on the Battlefield forums and it's been an issue for a while, I guess. Kinda wish I could at least try the maps at least once, but I don't think it'll get fixed anytime soon.

Top Bottom