• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PC specs appear on Ubisoft's Uplay store report [DICE: Not real]

zakislam

Update:

repi says they're not real: https://twitter.com/repi/status/358969396267458562

---

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1ipwdo/ubisoft_online_store_published_battlefield_4/ via http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/22/battlefield-4-pc-specs-appear-on-uplay-report/

Minimum Requirements:

• Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2. 2.7 GHz)
  • Memory: 2 GB System RAM
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Recommended Requirements:

• Processor: Quad-core CPU
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

“Origin Producer Redditor Offspring said, “I don’t believe the final system requirements have been decided yet, and this looks a lot like placeholder system requirements from BF3 with a couple of tweaks. I know everyone’s excited for BF4 news, but I wouldn’t trust an Ubisoft page with system requirements for it just yet.”

It seems that this is just a placeholder.

who the fuck is buying battlefield 4 from uplay

e. wait unless this is a sign they wont force origins, which could mean steam? Hm.

Demon Ice

Banned
Why is sound card only DirectX 9.0c compatible? Isn't 11 better?

That's the minimum requirement. DirectX9.0 or better (are there even sound cards that are specifically DX11? I still use an older Creative X-Fi, haven't been keeping up with that market.)

Played BF 3 on 360 and it looked pretty good. But I'm really looking forward to seeing what this looks like on a PC that can handle it.

Raven77

My PC is ready.

My body is ready.

My soul is ready...to be disappointed in the maps. Lets hope I am wrong, I really REALLY want them to nail this one. I was not a huge fan of BF3, maps felt like a step backwards from Battlefield 2. I hope this "levelution" brings back the dynamics of those old maps where players have more options on how to approach capture points.

Soviet

Banned
My soul is ready...to be disappointed in the maps. Lets hope I am wrong, I really REALLY want them to nail this one. I was not a huge fan of BF3, maps felt like a step backwards from Battlefield 2. I hope this "levelution" brings back the dynamics of those old maps where players have more options on how to approach capture points.

They already said that Operation Metro is the most popular map in BF3, so it will probably return in BF4.

Worst map ever...

antitrop

Looks like I'll still be able to do 1080p/60fps.

Wonderful, can't wait for this game. My most anticipated shooter of the year.

Raven77

They already said that Operation Metro is the most popular map in BF3, so it will probably return in BF4.

Worst map ever...

What really bothers me is that the developers don't seem to realize that its the most popular map because it allows for very fast XP gains.

They genuinely think people love it as a map. Cut the xp gain in half on that map and its popularity would plummet.

Worst map ever...

as DLC...not as a vanilla map.

It's like Windows 8 doesn't exist....

I run BF3 in win8 just fine.

Frostbite 3 only supports DirectX 11, but there we have DirectX 10.1...

these specs could very well be placeholder, but BF3 is backwards compatible with DirectX 10.1 actually.

repi says they're not real: https://twitter.com/repi/status/358969396267458562

That said at PAX Australia they said they wouldn't be that different from BF3's.

yep.

y8IOqWg.png

antitrop said:
If you're building a new PC I think you may as well just go with 8, but I see no reason to specifically upgrade from 7. I'm still on 7.

actually win8 has DX 11.1 support whereas win7 only has DX 11.0

antitrop

still shitty by ubisoft though.
I think the most interesting news out of all of this is the possibility of not being Origin exclusive.

EDIT: Turns out it was nothing, didn't even know about the previously existing partnership between Ubisoft and EA, because I don't give the least of a fuck about Uplay or Origin in the first place.

JWong

Banned
EA gonna fight back with fake specs of their own! ;)

Origin's Recommended Requirements for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Processor: i486
Memory: 128 KB
Hard Drive: 1 MB
Video Card: GeForce Ti4200
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy

Joezie

who the fuck is buying battlefield 4 from uplay

e. wait unless this is a sign they wont force origins, which could mean steam? Hm.

Wait. Why is it on Uplay? Does Uplay usually put up EA games?

I'm confused.

This is a few months old already. Ubi and EA have an agreement where they'll sell each others games on each others platforms.

EA still requires Origin regardless and vice versa for Ubi and Uplay

Simcity on Uplay

Far Cry 3 on Origin

BibiMaghoo

Huh? What do you mean?

I had issues with BF3 on Windows 8, because 'it is not officially supported'. Looks like 4 will be the same, if recommended is windows 7. It was fixed after some reading and beta drivers, but it was a pain in the ass. I am not the most technical person when it comes to PC's, though I understand some. It is troublesome that new games are being released with the same 'not official support' moniker. I bought a laptop, and had no option but to have windows 8.

This brings up a good question: I am building a new PC this winter. Is there any benefit to installing Windows 8 at this point?

Not to my knowledge. It has only caused me problems, even though it is a nice OS once you get used to the changes.

repi

as I said. DX11.1 is win8 exclusive...

dont think BF4 will utilize DX11.1 though just 11.0.

We use DX11.1, there are some optimizations in it (constant buffer offsets, dynamic buffers as SRVs) that we got in to the the API that improves CPU performance in our rendering when one runs with DX11.1. This will be in BF4.

Top Bottom