• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I wanted to separate this out from the OT because I assume this is PS4 specific stuff.

Is it true there is only one available conquest server? I see a bunch of conquest servers with 0/64 players and only 1 that is joinable and constantly full.

What the hell is going on?

This is janky as hell.

ev0

So I wanted to separate this out from the OT because I assume this is PS4 specific stuff.

Is it true there is only one available conquest server? I see a bunch of conquest servers with 0/64 players and only 1 that is joinable and constantly full.

Not sure if there is only one server, but I can almost never join a Conquest game and when I do, I am almost booted immediately from the server.

LevityNYC

Banned

This is janky as hell.

Welcome to Battlefield Launch...any of them.

redhood56

Banned
Yeah I can never get on conquest. The one time I was able to get on I was kicked about 40 seconds after. But when I played TD it was fine.

soxxx

Banned
Good thread, im killing for conquest. Just want to try it, its like a tease, when I play TDM and dont get the full map!

MThanded

Good thread, im killing for conquest. Just want to try it, its like a tease, when I play TDM and dont get the full map!
Yeah I wanted to finally play some real 64 players BF on console. Frustrating.

I've always expected rough BF launches but this one takes the cake. You can't even get into a game-and if you so complete one it errors out afterwards.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I can't even launch the game. I got kicked out of MP with an error and now everytime I try to load the game it spits out the error. This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time I deleted the install and reinstalled the game to fix but I think I'm just gonna play something else and wait for a patch this time.

Not only can I not get into BF4, The Blacklight Retribution servers have been down since yeaterday for emergency maintenance. Really shitty. I was really looking forward to give this a try tonight.

daman824

This pissed me off. Tried playing yesterday when i had free time and all servers were empty. Couldn't do quick match either. Funnily enough, I joined one of the empty servers and could actually ru around. 5 minutes later there was 3 of us in the server. Then i gave up and quit.

Steel

Banned

It's weird. I thought so too. Try hitting R3 and putting a player filter on: E.G. 1-5, and you'll see a ton of almost full matches. Granted you'll have tons of issues trying to get into most of those matches, but you can. I also find myself wondering what ports to open for ps4, NAT-wise...

Edit: And the hells with that "There are not enough commander slots" Crap?

MThanded

Not only can I not get into BF4, The Blacklight Retribution servers have been down since yeaterday for emergency maintenance. Really shitty. I was really looking forward to give this a try tonight.
Yes this too. Annoying.
It's weird. I thought so too. Try hitting R3 and putting a player filter on: E.G. 1-5, and you'll see a ton of almost full matches. Granted you'll have tons of issues trying to get into most of those matches, but you can. I also find myself wondering what ports to open for ps4, NAT-wise...
But i only see one open 64 player match. The rest are 20 player matches.

Those having issues getting in to conquest - trying playing Rush.

I'm getting into full rush games (32 players) with no issues or crashes every time.

PBY

Banned
Those having issues getting in to conquest - trying playing Rush.

I'm getting into full rush games (32 players) with no issues or crashes every time.
I've gotten into rush games too. I want dat 64 player experience tho.

Again- is there no way to play in the same team as ur friend?

I don't have BF4, but I did download Blacklight and noticed the same thing. I haven't been able to get into a game. Like you I was interested in checking it out. It would have actually been the first game I played if it had worked last night.

Is Warframe OK or is experiencing the same issue?

Steel

Banned
How was online BF4 on PC anyway? I got the general impression it was glitchy as hell as well. And aren't the pc servers also crapping since the ps4 launch?

Edit: Weird. Just clicked on a 64/64 conquest server and got in...

PBY

Banned
BF3 on PC didn't do a good job at this either. I think you can switch teams from one of the menus if the player difference allows it.
That's what we've been doing. It's so dumb- especially when we're still in party chat. 90% of the time the teams are full. Urghhhhh

Synless

I don't have BF4, but I did download Blacklight and noticed the same thing. I haven't been able to get into a game. Like you I was interested in checking it out. It would have actually been the first game I played if it had worked last night.

Ea says 1.5 patchn broke the game
They did? What's their excuse for the broke ass PC version I've been reading about? Let's face it, they dropped the ball.

Zacxx201

Banned
Here's my issues with the PS4

• Inviting someone through a game causes my PS4 to lockup. The game continues to run and I can see it in the background of the pause screen, but I can't back out of the pause screen. Only thing that fixes it is to restart the PS4.

• BF4 keeps corrupting my save file. I mean, I know the campaign is shit, so it's doing me a favor with that, but resetting my buttons and stuff is getting tiresome. (Seriously, the campaign is awful)

• Can't join a server through the server browser if it has more than 30 people in it. Pushing X says "No Commander seats available." Pushing Square says "You must be level 10 to be Commander" or something.

• Games constantly crashing. Error reports being sent.

• Streaming the game to Twitch has no audio, streams are silent but running smoothly.

• Server browsing is never consistent with results.

• Get a lot of "Connection to server failed" messages when trying to join games through the server browser

Triz

Ive hard lockups and crashed galore. And still have yet to finish a conquest game. Like others have said, If you manage to get in you are always booted a short time into the game.

MThanded

every game mode is up except conquest which is a shame. obliteration and rush fill that need for us vehicle only types. :)
So is my connection busted? I see a bunch of 0/#ofplayer games for each mode.

Filtering helps but usually i see a bunch of full servers.

DanielJr82

I can't get into the Conquest mode either, which is the reason I'm a Battlefield fan! Domination is cool, but it's just not conquest.

Steel

Banned
So is my connection busted? I see a bunch of 0/#ofplayer games for each mode.

Filtering helps but usually i see a bunch of full servers.

No, exactly what I'm seeing. And that 64/64 conquest server only had 8 people. Got a few kills then connection was lost.

Let's celebra...no let's drink! Yes us PC people welcome to your very own issue thread where you can experience what we have!

Warframe is working very well. Very seamless. Though the load times are atrocious.

Aside from the Conquest join & a few error message drops here and there my games run somewhat smooth. And are there still no party systems on PS4? I thought that was PS3 only

Top Bottom