• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 survey hints @ DLC incl. naval, BF3 maps, & DINOSAURS [EA: Survey Real]

T_b17e28_606050.jpg

Schnozberry

Wouldn't a Jurassic Park scenario make more sense, you know, since no evidence exists that dinosaurs and humans ever coexisted?

Hystzen

For the remakes I can't believe REDEPLOY was not considered for a name tsk tsk

Dice are massive Dinosaur cock teasers they never going to give us our dino's look at BF3 with Dino foot print and that skull they just going keep teasing us.....

If the DLC on that survey ends up being real, that would make for some pretty awesome DLC. Can't go wrong with Dinosaurs!

vgJames

Banned
I don't want the BF3 maps back but dinosaurs on the other hand...

I lean towards 'expansion pack' type downloadable content. Not rehashes of mediocre maps (I'll accept classic maps like say Wake Island was though). I adored BFBC2 and the 'Nam content I really appreciated so if we got a BF4 reskin that's kind of 'out there' like 2143 I'd be all over that.

J-Rock

Banned
DINOSAURS! From what I recall, it was described as a coop mode where you and other players would fight against dinosaurs with primitive weapons, specifically mentioning a bow and arrow.

Fuck this shit. I want multiplayer instead of co-op and I'd prefer to use modern Battlefield weapons. Oh well.

Com on guys Steel Titan name has to be hinting at something right? I want Titan Mode back!

Oh wow, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together with that one. For that naval DLC question that possible title stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all the other "Naval Warfare" kind of names and I thought it was just dumb sounding. But if it actually refers to a naval version of Titan mode from 2142? AWESOME.

Fuck this shit. I want multiplayer instead of co-op and I'd prefer to use modern Battlefield weapons. Oh well.

I specifically remember that DLC description mentioned coop and bows and arrows, but I don't know that it would preclude other modes/weapons, but thats just my speculation. The descriptions were all fairly sparse, beyond giving a very general pitch of what the DLC would entail.

Dinosaurs HAS to be debuted like this:

-Four soldiers of each class cautiously walking in the middle of the night in a thick jungle. There is only the sound of their breathing
-Only the light of the moon reflects around the jungle that they are trying to get out of. The forest is thick, the night is a dark blue
-One suddenly hears a sound in the darkness ahead!

-UGHGHGHHHH
-It's a ZOMBIE! Anorexic, crippled, but inching towards the soldiers
-The zombie slowly lunges forward as the soldiers prepare their guns.

-Then out of nowhere, from the side, a velociraptor POUNCES the zombie, shredding it to pieces
-YEAHHAHAAWAWAWAAWAW!
-At lightning speed, it eyes the soldiers and drops the lifeless zombie from its jaws
-The soldiers are now incredibly shocked
-The velociraptor creeps forward
-Camera zooms out to show a variety of zombies in the trees, air, the jungle trees rumble, and it's evident that the soldiers are actually standing within the footprint of a T-Rex
-TU-NU WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Is this...does this mean....TITAN MODE BACK PLEASE!
This X 1000 please DICE!

What I found most interesting were the 3 DLC package descriptions:

The first one was described as taking Operation Metro and Caspian Border and remaking them in Frostbite 3, with new weapons and classes.
Dear lord they better not put Caspian and Metro in the same DLC pack. Two completely different gameplay types and Caspian is a rather good map, while Metroll is atrocious. I can see the servers emptying already once a map rolls over to Metro Redux.

Enco

I remember a dev said that if enough players wanted dinosaurs for BF3 it might happen.

That was after a dinosaur poster for BF3 got popular. That never happened though. This wouldn't be surprising.

Top Bottom