• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 alpha screens leak (many don't have textures, broken geometry)

Woo-Fu

Banned
How is it crazy to expect BF4 to look better than BF3? I mean, it is a sequel and not an expansion pack

I'm going to assume English isn't your first language since you don't understand that there is a difference between "better" and "a lot better".

As far as sequel vs. expansion goes that is just a semantics game in today's industry. I wouldn't call it a sequel or an expansion, I'd call it a refresh. Might as well call it BF3 2013.

lHTAq1vh.jpg

Is this what I think it is?
"buy battlepacks to win a chance at better accessories!"

I like this idea of copying ME3's 'booster packs'. *shrug*

RoKKeR

It's honestly hard to tell much from this. UI is disappointing, but beyond that it's hard to judge. Of course it looks like BF3, the game is in it's most basic state.

I'm just hoping there's more than meets the eye when it comes to MP. If it offers a bigger, more refined version of BF3's MP, then I'll be happy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll take that as a "yes".

So they've gone team fortress hat-sales.

Yes after how successful Ultimate Team is and Mass Effect 3 seemed to do, I'd expect this in every EA game possible.

Dropping the online pass honestly was probably more related to this than console DRM, since used buyers can now go buy these things.

RoKKeR

Also disappointed that we are getting the same 4 classes. Though they worked well, I wish they would mix it up from game to game.

aRogue

Banned
Looks like a finished product to me... FOR CONSOLES! OH YES I DID! Just kidding, console gamer 4life yo!

Looks like XP earned can be spent on upgrade packs that randomize a predesignated set of rewards - implying the presence of a pseudo-loot drop system. IF this is the case, this can be really interesting if it can minimize the trudge of teching-up a particular weapon. IF it is done right, it could then change the culture of online play. For example, a P-90 with an ACOG and a suppressor could feel rare and special.

Or its something else and I'm imagining a paradigm shift in the mechanic that would never happen.

Valnen

I think PlanetSide 2 is going to give them a serious run for their money being as it's free on PS4. Who wants to shell out 60 dollars for a boxed game when PS2 offers similar game-play with thousands more players for free.

People who want structured matches?

DTKT

I swear to all the new gods and the old ones that DICE can't do a proper HUD.

Anyway, those could be BF3 screenshots for all I can tell.

Spazznid

Lol no. Ps2 is poor-performance crap with no endgame.

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

yeah.... not so much for everyone. Runs fine for me and ran fine on my old card.

It's pushing some of the best lighting and motion blur and graphics I've ever seen and it runs fine for most people. Sometimes PhysX can cause problems, but that's PhysX being PhysX.

EDIT: also, playing with a structured platoon is the end game.

It's like if WoW Skipped all the crap and gave you only "End-game" content, people'd whine about no end-game.

sp3000

I really hope they do another alpha trial, i got in the one of BF3 :p

I like the idea of this map, urban style.

The BF3 alpha trial was in many ways better than the final game. Audio and animations were significantly better. If they fixed all the strange glitches, I would have actually preferred that.

wwm0nkey

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

yeah.... not so much for everyone. Runs fine for me and ran fine on my old card.

It's pushing some of the best lighting and motion blur and graphics I've ever seen and it runs fine for most people. Sometimes PhysX can cause problems, but that's PhysX being PhysX.

Runs fine for me but my 470 fan.....loudest thing in the world.

sp3000

Battle Islands are coming.
Smaller continents with a 48 vs 48 setup and more focused on E-Sport style settings.

That doesn't change the fact the Planetside 2's gunplay is much worse than BF3 even though it is a better game in some other ways with a more responsive developer. They aren't really that comparable anyway.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I AM SO SICK OF FUCKING UNLOCKS YOU ASSHOLES

Xux

Is there gonna be an option to turn unlocks off and start with everything unlocked?

mr_nothin

Banned
That doesn't change the fact the Planetside 2's gunplay is much worse than BF3 even though it is a better game in some other ways with a more responsive developer.

That's true, no denying that. BF3's is a lot more satisfying and responsive but PS2's is far from being shit (not that you said it was). They are constantly improving on it and adding more features for it (yay seperate ADS sensitivity). It's improving but it's still not completely there. Also, they really arent all that comparable but it got harder and harder to go back to BF3 after playing so much PS2. I used to play them side by side but all the frustration from BF3 just built up to be way too much to handle.

Spazznid

That doesn't change the fact the Planetside 2's gunplay is much worse than BF3 even though it is a better game in some other ways with a more responsive developer. They aren't really that comparable anyway.

Ehhhh.... Somewhat agree.

For now.... The devs are hard at work improving existing guns and the fact that DICE never seems to want to change much of anything based on player feedback is what makes me not like them so much.

I'll get BF4 and love it, and then hate it and then repeat, like I do with BF3. I'll probably still hate what DICE has turned out to be like, and so far, I can't find a reason not to like SOE.

The BF3 alpha trial was in many ways better than the final game. Audio and animations were significantly better. If they fixed all the strange glitches, I would have actually preferred that.

Yeah, completly agree on that. I still miss the knife takedown animations, they were so good. The sound model too.

mr_nothin

Banned
Well that's kinda cool. But they're not here yet.

Neither is BF4 :p

MY GOD YES!
The alpha was a much slower paced game. Things progressed more naturally, especially with squad leader only spawning being ON by default. Audio was better spatially and the LAV on Metro Rush! Mcom placement was better too.
I had soooo much hope for the game back then. Even told the ppl, who were worried about it being more like BC2, that they had nothing to worry about and this was more like BF2.

Don't know why people are surprised about the unlocks. Didn't EA say that they will have this stuff in their games going forward.

Personally I don't care. Half the journey is having the time to use every single weapon and combination to find what works best rather than just skipping to what you want. If people want to do that then men.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ehhhh.... Somewhat agree.

For now.... The devs are hard at work improving existing guns and the fact that DICE never seems to want to change much of anything based on player feedback is what makes me not like them so much.

I'll get BF4 and love it, and then hate it and then repeat, like I do with BF3. I'll probably still hate what DICE has turned out to be like, and so far, I can't find a reason not to like SOE.

Exactly how I feel. SOE just listens a lot more and go out of their way to at least try to keep the community informed in some kind of way.

I too will get BF4 and probably end up regretting it :(
I will NOT get it at all if they confirm (or anyone else confirms) that they are using client-side hit detection. Fuck that noise

Looks like we are still stuck with small maps

http://i.imgur.com/NIa8hFVh.jpg

Just noticed the camera view of the selected spawn point.

lolwut
They nerfed many things because of the crying on the battlelog forums

Xux

Yes, it's going to cost you 12.99$

UNLOCK ALL - DLC for $59.99

No, like, for free. Just skip all that leveling. Put an option in the menu that gets rid of my rank and my K-D so all there are are all the options and gameplay. None of that grinding that gives all of those idiots "a reason to play the game."

mr_nothin

Banned
Also everything I'm finding on google is suggesting this is for tournaments and not for regular players who just want to do some matchmaking.

It will be for the overall continental gameplay. They will have multiple battle islands to help with continent locking and the metagame. They are thinking about adding ways to play "matches". That's specifically for MLG support.

That thread is quite negative. Almost sounds like the playerbase thinks this will kill the game.

Well from what I hear, battle islands werent looked at in a positive way in PS1. Most of the 'vets' hated them because it didnt fit what they felt planetside was (huge battles across huge continents).
They think it'll take away from the overall feeling of being a persistent world by adding 'matches' for MLG. Most people hate the idea of catering to MLG too so I wouldnt listen to them much when it comes to battle islands.

I think it just adds more variety to the game...plus we need as many continents as we can get so we can hurry up and get continent locking into the game.
But we're going way off topic here lol

That thread is quite negative. Almost sounds like the playerbase thinks this will kill the game.

Community is very opposed to anything MLG related. I am too somewhat as I feel it will detract from the persistent element on the live servers. Esports calls for closed off matches with predetermined goals and limited numbers. It definitely depends on how they implement it though.

Top Bottom