• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 alpha screens leak (many don't have textures, broken geometry)

Breaking news: Leaked screenshots from the MP alpha trial:
http://imgur.com/a/oBF5P
So an alpha trial is confirmed. BF3 had its public alpha in July 2011.
Back then the first Alpha trial footage was leaked by "usamaftw", could it be the same person leaking this?

// Mod Edit:

These are from the "Xenon-Retail" (Xbox 360) build.

The screens seem to confirm this part of the leaked survey:

QOX8OsL.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not expecting much of an advancement from BF3, but I'll be there day one on next gen hardware.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The trailer doesn't look much better than BF3 either. The difference is much smaller than the graphical increase from BC2 to BF3.

Yes, but that's at least something fair to judge the final visuals by.

The game is obviously not going to look like this:

he5c9tch.jpg

f7zT9OXh.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
Half the game isn't textured. Give them a bit of time at least. :p

Not even talking about the graphics....this is the 360 version anyways :p (Xenon is the 360 right and not the X1...I forgot)
I'm moreso looking at the overall presentation of the game. Just wish they changed it up some and went more of a subtle route instead of the 'in your face' stuff from BF3. It still just looks like BF3 with updated maps and UI changes.

But alas, it's still alpha.

sp3000

The UAV trailer gives me hope though. If they actually go back to the BF2 system without any of the consolized garbage that came afterwards it will be amazing.

It's very surprising that they are only alpha testing on Xbox. The BF3 one was on origin only.

im not sure why people are still expecting a huge jump. As long as those games are made with ps360 in mind there won't be one.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I honestly don't want to deal with all this unlocking bullshit again...

Madness

Game looks much bigger in terms of scale. Didn't really expect too much since it is a current gen/next gen release as opposed to developed strictly for next gen.

Meh I guess the news here is the alpha. The pics are kind of useless. Have we seen any footage of the game running on a next gen console yet?

sp3000

Meh I guess the news here is the alpha. The pics are kind of useless. Have we seen any footage of the game running on a next gen console yet?

The trailer was running on a 7970, so you can expect next gen consoles to look similar to that. Maybe slightly worse on Xbox One.

guek

Banned
All I can think is "Boy, you got some nice hands"

1Ggpk0X.gif

But yeah, didn't we already know what this game was gonna look like??

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I want a more whole experience than BF3. I felt BF3 was a mess of a game. It felt like an army simulator at times and other times I felt like I was a stranger to the entire game. Noninclusive multiplayer matches, a terrible single player game, a reward system that felt cheap, and guns that fired all over the place.

At times I played hours upon hours of BF3 with my friends. And I would of rather put on a war movie and played a few matches of COD. I know a few people who are picking BF4 up. But personally; this series hasn't delivered to me. I feel like half a man's army playing this game. Not like COD where KOTH is anyone's grab. I hope BF4 fixes those problems or I'm just not cut out for it.

I think PlanetSide 2 is going to give them a serious run for their money being as it's free on PS4. Who wants to shell out 60 dollars for a boxed game when PS2 offers similar game-play with thousands more players for free.

How is it crazy to expect BF4 to look better than BF3? I mean, it is a sequel and not an expansion pack

It's not crazy to think it will look better it just wont be anywhere near the same jump because it is being developed for current gen also and this puts restrictions as far as what will work on all platforms.

This is like seeing a new girlfriend taking a dump with no makeup on.

LMFAO

Spy

I think PlanetSide 2 is going to give them a serious run for their money being as it's free on PS4. Who wants to shell out 60 dollars for a boxed game when PS2 offers similar game-play with thousands more players for free.
I think so too but once Star Wars Battlefield comes out...goodbye Planetside, lol.

sp3000

I want a more whole experience than BF3. I felt BF3 was a mess of a game. It felt like an army simulator at times and other times I felt like I was a stranger to the entire game. Noninclusive multiplayer matches, a terrible single player game, a reward system that felt cheap, and guns that fired all over the place.

At times I played hours upon hours of BF3 with my friends. And I would of rather put on a war movie and played a few matches of COD. I know a few people who are picking BF4 up. But personally; this series hasn't delivered to me. I feel like half a man's army playing this game. Not like COD where KOTH is anyone's grab. I hope BF4 fixes those problems or I'm just not cut out for it.

You are going to get BF 3.5. Two years of development time doesn't allow for much else.

The massive differences between BC2 and BF3 were more related to the fact that BF3 was in preproduction after BF2 released. EA wants BF to be like COD with annualized releases so it doesn't allow for that.

Spazznid

Looks like the rainy background animates. the rain droplets are in different places in each screen... 1080p video.... or Mass Effect style 720p? only time will tell......

Would be sweet if it was real time.

Top Bottom