• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

Ondore

LiamR linked to this store listing: http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/productfamily/type/Games/displayTypeID/1/title/Battlefield-5 (Source tweet)

Battlefield 5 for PS4/XB1/PC. Lists October 25 as a release date. It includes the description "Mehrspieler Taktik Shooter im 1. Weltkrieg" which translates to "Multiplayer tactical shooter in WW1".

D8nQQe8.png

Stick in a trench for four years if old/redundant.

Finally, an excuse for an abbreviated campaign mode, as the player is sent over the top on mission 3 and the game ends abruptly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Current Gen graphics in a WW1/2 setting. Yes please! It has been a while. I miss the whiz of a sniper bullet and hearing the crack of thw rifle on a near miss Medal of Honor had.

WW1? We just had a thread about it in the OT. A couple of days ago was 100th anniversary of Verdun. Fucking insanity.

How would a WW1 shooter have the Battlefield momentum and pacing? The slow firing weaponry, would change everything. Would melee be a stronger focus? If you missed your shot it takes forever to reload. I would imagine that sprinting, and trying to dodge bullets and go for a melee kill would be more realistic and pausible than in an age of semi-automatic weapons that fire many rounds in seconds.

Would that mean that a WW1 shooter would be a camper fest? The war was known for trench warfare. A war of attrition of starving and getting poisoned in mustard gas.

No automatic weapons (aside stationary) in a AAA-shooter? No way, people don't want to play this. Plus the setting is not mainstream enough, WW2 would be okay, but not not WW1.

I doubt this.

Macrotus

I was hoping for a modern shooter but I guess its getting old since BF3 and 4 were both modern shooters.

I'm not really in to futuristic or old shooters, but will still keep an eye out.

Ulldog

Could actually be great. Would be cool if they included some of that 19th century weaponry that was still around.

farcryfan

Neo Member
Battlefield 5 will be futuristic. EA wont allow dice to make a WW1 battlefield because cod has moved to the futuristic setting and EA will follow.

Top Bottom