• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 Leaks

ZywyPL

Banned
I'm OK with this since their campaigns are dogshit, but then again, don't ask 70€ for it. Put full production force into MP, charge 40-50$, and there you go, you have a blockbuster for the holiday season.

I just dont understand how you can charge $60 for the game again. For what....6 multiplayer maps and a BR map that a lot of games offer as a F2P.

This game should be free-to-play. This is the kind of game that casuals play where devs rake in on MTX.

Or at the very least this should be a PS+ day one game.

Dolomite

There have been less impressive titles released for $70 this year alone🙄
Could EA get away with it?
Of course they can.

Should they or any other publisher continue releasing less-than-full content at full retail? I would, you'll probably buy it

supernova8

Banned
There have been less impressive titles released for $70 this year alone🙄
Could EA get away with it?
Of course they can.

Should they or any other publisher continue releasing less-than-full content at full retail? I would, you'll probably buy it

If I'm going to play it almost non-stop for months on end then yeah I personally don't mind paying $70. Of course I would love to pay $60 (or less) instead but it wouldn't stop me.

I just kinda wish the expansions were proper expansions (like when Battlefield 2 released Special Forces and it played like a totally different game because of the equipment and weapons (and NVG)), as opposed to just being new maps.

Imtjnotu

lu0Tudf_d.webp

JsNfiRA_d.webp

RCugY2J_d.webp

BBlnt1S_d.webp

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'm OK with this since their campaigns are dogshit, but then again, don't ask 70€ for it. Put full production force into MP, charge 40-50$, and there you go, you have a blockbuster for the holiday season.
The only way we are getting the full MP experience from Battlefield for 40 dollars is if it has more microtransactions that launch Battlefront 2 and they go back to charging us for new weapons and maps.....which we really dont want.

They will charge us full price for the game with a free Battleroyale, filled with MTX.
Release BF6 with the usual MP etc...

Bad Company Warzone standalone game.... c'mon thats a good idea right?

The Battleroyale has to be free, if they try locking it behind needing to own the actual game its dead on arrival.
A waste of resource and all the DLC that they want to throw at the BR mode will be lost to the ether.

Sybrix

The only way we are getting the full MP experience from Battlefield for 40 dollars is if it has more microtransactions that launch Battlefront 2 and they go back to charging us for new weapons and maps.....which we really dont want.

They will charge us full price for the game with a free Battleroyale, filled with MTX.

The Battleroyale has to be free, if they try locking it behind needing to own the actual game its dead on arrival.
A waste of resource and all the DLC that they want to throw at the BR mode will be lost to the ether.

Yeah, a BF BR game would need to be free, much like Warzone to COD.

Perhaps thats why no SP with BF6, the SP resource is being moved onto the BR element.

Black_Stride

Yeah, a BF BR game would need to be free, much like Warzone to COD.

Perhaps thats why no SP with BF6, the SP resource is being moved onto the BR element.

Thats what im hoping for.
Im guessing Criterion or DICE LA are working fully on BattleRoyale, DICE can focus fully on the MP components.

ZywyPL

Banned

Well it's EA after all, so what to expect. I mean, I remember the case with BF3 where all the DLCs already leaked before they even announced the game itself... So no matter the price point, the game will be build as a base for DLCs and MTX, that's EA's business model, that's what they report brings them the most revenue, so I really don't expect more than just 6-8 maps and 2-3 game modes out of the box, which for me personally is not worth the full 70€ price tag if there's also no SP campaign or co-op to fill the time between new content drops.

And if they won't step up the destruction at least back to BC2 levels and everything will be just huge static maps with lots of players, then what's the selling point considering there are a lot of F2P BR games that offer exactly that? A couple of vehicles here and there? Really, BF series have been on a serious decline in the past years, and now not only DICE has to make it good again, but the entire MP landscape is completely different than 10 years ago, basically no one wants to pay for a MP-only game anymore.

Starhowl

Would be bad if true - but it's alright, I learned to accept the trend and started investing in books instead! 🥱

supernova8

Banned
Oh ffs this is going to be another bs trailer won't it?

I remember watching the BFV trailer live with a few friends and we were actually laughing at the sheer over-the-top ridiculousness of it all. I swear it'll be another 3 months before we see actual gameplay, they've not learned anything.

Yep. Even though Returnal is not my sort of game, I can appreciate they went out of their way to show a lot of gameplay.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I bought for both.
I mean, the campaigns are a nice bonus and a graphical showcase at least. If they sold campaign separately for 20 or 30usd, it would be much more tolerable.
Same with COD really but I always liked COD campaigns a lot

Klik

Really strange marketing from DICE since BF5. I mean take a look at BF3 marketing, its was really awesome.I have little hype for this game and will definitely wait for reviews before buying it, honestly i have 0% trust in DICE just because of shitty marketing.

For BF6 they just said "trailer soon June" and then waited for a month to release a (probably) 30sec CGI trailer.Who is responsible for that kind of shit marketing..

I don't get it.

Take a look at BF3 marketing. And compare it to what we have today.

Last edited:

Sevenfold

Really strange marketing from DICE since BF5. I mean take a look at BF3 marketing, its was really awesome.I have little hype for this game and will definitely wait for reviews before buying it, honestly i have 0% trust in DICE just because of shitty marketing.

For BF6 they just said "trailer soon June" and then waited for a month to release a (probably) 30sec CGI trailer.Who is responsible for that kind of shit marketing..

I don't get it.

Everything about BF3 was hype.
What a game.
Dice trailers used to be such an event in themselves.

Why is everything shitter these days?!

Black_Stride

I don't get it.

I believe the guy who used to cut these trailers stopped doing them which is why the marketing seemingly went sideways.

BF3 had ridiculous hype levels.....BF4 I was still very much sold on.
BF1 and BF5 werent anywhere near as im sold as shit as the previous 2 games.
BF1 had that weird music trailer that was just weird considering the game we were actually going to get
BFV reveal trailer I didnt hate as much as everyone else, but I certainly wouldnt want it to be the first thing i show Battlefield fans.

But BF1 still has the best atmosphere of any of the newgen BF games.

Top Bottom