• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 reveal wasn't tomorrow

Destruction is why I always loved BF and they need to ramp it up even further, it's what made it better than anything else at one point (and vehicles). But I worry greatly, them chasing casual crowd (Fortnite) that has F all destruction means we have a dark future ahead for the franchise.

Compsiox

Banned
Didn't they show early footage at the EA Play event? I doubt this is about BF6.

Seems like I could be wrong though

Last edited:

INC

Well none of those came close to how good 2142 was but yea okay just make BF2 again sweet

I'm with your there dude

Thats more of a pc crowd thing unfortunately, cant see it happening for console market, too higher risk

R6Rider

Gold Member
A Bad Company 3 sounds great, but I doubt they'd manage to bring back the style and feel of those games.

I'd settle for a BF3 or 4 remaster for now honestly. Overall I'm hoping for a modern setting and a rework of the class system. BFV has some good features they could even bring over like ducking down as a top gunner on a tank and the fortification system.

-Classes should be Assault, Medic, Support, Engineer, and Recon
-Squads should be 5 man again
-Bring back fortification and with this: stationary machine guns and launchers
-Have maps specific for game modes instead of trying to fit all modes into every map
-Have maps and additional content free and use a cosmetic system like Siege instead for making the money (this is to avoid splitting the playerbase and having DLC maps dying)
-Bring back platoons/companies
-Weapon attachment system like in 3 and 4

I could list more, but some ideas off the top of my head.

INC

Controversial but bfbc2 played decent, because the lack of prone, proning promotes camping and stops the natural flow of gameplay

Last edited:
Oh god I have totally written off ever getting another Bad Company but that would be my prefered BF. I have just stopped even considering it because it hurtsssss tooooo baddd.

I didn't get to play much of 2142 but I did like it, I just feel like we have plenty of other futuristic options so I hope BF stays with current/past stuff. I would love to see a take on the 80's where the cold war goes hot, with all of that weaponry. That setting could be amazing.

But it's DICE, and they appear to be on a pretty downward trend. Just hope they turn it around.

INC

Oh god I have totally written off ever getting another Bad Company but that would be my prefered BF. I have just stopped even considering it because it hurtsssss tooooo baddd.

I didn't get to play much of 2142 but I did like it, I just feel like we have plenty of other futuristic options so I hope BF stays with current/past stuff. I would love to see a take on the 80's where the cold war goes hot, with all of that weaponry. That setting could be amazing.

But it's DICE, and they appear to be on a pretty downward trend. Just hope they turn it around.

Just cross your fingers someone does a bfbc2 mod for teardown

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Also my question. I don't need anymore insults to the true war heroes, where some soldiers got replaced by a mom and her daughter killing the whole nazi regime by themselves.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Activision doesn't need it. Unfortunately.

They don't see Battlefield as a worthy competitor. Sadly, but even the best entries like 3 or 4 sold less than worst annual CoDs. Why would Activision invest and loose money when they can just continue to do what they are doing and be in black every year?

They see battle royale as their competition and they work hard on making Warzone an evergreen unswer to that.
I don't disagree. COD is certainly more profitable. However, if Activision moved COD to a platform model, and battle royale is certainly a part of that, that could change things. Fewer COD games with longer lifespans and lots of monetization. Zombies, MP, and BR being the vehicle for the tail. Obviously I don't know what the financials look like but it would be an interesting scenario to model.

That would free up some development resources. At that point they could tackle something else. Battlefield is a bit of a different market and while the ROI wouldn't be the same as COD it would be additional revenue for them as a publisher.

ebevan91

Just basically remake this. ty

51SRQE869DL.jpg

I want this so badly.

REDRZA MWS

God, I hope they bring BF back to its former glory. I used to be a diehard fan, but BF1 and BFV have flat out killed my interest.

Also, Rainbow Six Siege overtook it as my all time favorite shooter. Still, it'd be great if I could have both.
Exactly the same feeling. BF 1 and BFV have definitely been low points. I LOVED BF4 on PS4, still one of the best shooters this gen. Hoping Dice finds some magic again.

Bolivar687

Banned
If I were Ubisoft or Activision I would be looking at a Battlefield style title to fill the void after Battlefield V and how frustrated fans of that series are with EA.

Activision could ditch the annual COD titles and have Treyarch on the "Battlefield" series while Infinity Ward does the traditional COD (seriously how have they not turned COD in to proper live game/platform title?). Ubisoft could create a whole new Tom Clancy series to compete with Battlefield. Pretty large market, doesn't exactly compete directly with a title that either offers, and plenty of ways to monetize.

MW's Ground War was basically BF 64 player Conquest and it looks like BOCW will have it as well, as today's multiplayer trailer had a massive naval battle map.

I assume Activision built all of this into its engine so they could have classic 6v6 CoD, Battle Royale, 2v2, and a Battlefield competitor all in the same game every year. With both studios rebooting their most iconic games, they're set up to dominate the first few years of this generation and it's going to be very hard for Battlefield to get back into its competitor position again. Bad Company seems inevitable at this point, since everyone's been asking for it for years and they really don't have anything else left.

Captn

I wouldn't be surprised if this was actual in game footage afk or something like that! BF next Gen.. And this small piece of footage looks incredible as little as it shows!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Just basically remake this. ty

51SRQE869DL.jpg
Exactly.
Remake BF2!
Just throw in the kit customisation from later games and have all vehicles spawn at main base, we need to face the facts! Vehicle camping is far preferable to retards sitting in the menu all game waiting for a fucking tonk.
Also update weapons and vehicles to modern / near future tech.
128 players.

Clarissa

Banned
I hope it's going to be a modern setting. I don't know how DICE thought that following up BF 1 with a World War 2 setting would be so different.

supernova8

Banned
Really want to see something massive on the scale of Joint Ops Typhoon Rising. That game was so good at just having chaos all around.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I wonder if they will reboot the series. Just have a "Battlefield" as a new title. Although, I'm not seeing how that would change anything in terms of how the games turn out or direction.

fermcr

I played the hell out of a Battlefield 1942 online mod years back called Desert Combat... countless hours...

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Wasn't there rumours of a BF3 remaster?

I must be in the minority as I liked BF 1 and V even with 1 being arcadey cod like and V being well.....V.

But I need either a BC1/2 or BF3/4 type BF pumped into my veins. Immediately.

Dibils2k

There was a rumor they were making a BF3 remake. Honestly, it would make more sense for that to be announced today than BF6.
i would literally cry if we get BF3 remaster

i only played it on 360 (so i think was 24 players max) and i still adored that game, i would love to experience it again in all its glory

Top Bottom