• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 reveal wasn't tomorrow

GC_DALBEN

God, I hope they bring BF back to its former glory. I used to be a diehard fan, but BF1 and BFV have flat out killed my interest.

Also, Rainbow Six Siege overtook it as my all time favorite shooter. Still, it'd be great if I could have both.

Im a BF player since the beginning, but i agree with you, they killed my interest with bf1 and bf5, i hope they do better.

nani17

are in a big trouble
NEW DEVELOPINGS: Battlefield twitter is up again

New tweet by @Battlefield:

they posted a webm of Battlefield 3

are the rumours about a Battlefield 3 remaster true?
While being pointless to do a remaster of BF3 I'd gladly appreciate it. Best Battlefield imo

Think that’s a reference to their twitter account going down earlier today

notseqi

BATTLEFIELD 5 wasn't a bad game. Pacific update was a right path for the game until they made a terrible choice of[...]
DLC released a year after the games initial release finally made the game better?
And I was going to bring up me waiting a month before buying for them to short their shit netcode problems with every single release.

Not dunking on you but the thought is hilarious.

shaddam

I remember back in the BF3 days he was really popular. I checked out his channel and... he started with BC2? And full of warzone shilling?

igYLwDX.png

CrysisFreak

Banned
I remember back in the BF3 days he was really popular. I checked out his channel and... he started with BC2? And full of warzone shilling?

igYLwDX.png
His channel is still quite big, and he play whatever shooter he wants to play of course giving bonus points to the popular stuff because YouTube algorithm.
No issue.
He's still all about Battlefield, if there was any right now.

INC

igYLwDX.png

Well what else is there to play and get views on.....bfv?.........you can't keep subs playing that trash

Last edited:

Klik

DLC released a year after the games initial release finally made the game better?
And I was going to bring up me waiting a month before buying for them to short their shit netcode problems with every single release.

Not dunking on you but the thought is hilarious.
It was still good game on sale for 20-30$. But nowhere near what BF3/BF4 were..

TheContact

God, I hope they bring BF back to its former glory. I used to be a diehard fan, but BF1 and BFV have flat out killed my interest.

Also, Rainbow Six Siege overtook it as my all time favorite shooter. Still, it'd be great if I could have both.

I should give Siege a shot. I played the hell out of Vegas on the 360 and loved it.

Compsiox

Banned
I knew we wouldn't see Battlefield 6. During EA play we saw prototype footage that use BFV placeholders.

No way they were going to show more.

KiNeMz

Banned
NEW DEVELOPINGS: Battlefield twitter is up again

New tweet by @Battlefield:

they posted a webm of Battlefield 3

are the rumours about a Battlefield 3 remaster true?
While being pointless to do a remaster of BF3 I'd gladly appreciate it. Best Battlefield imo

I remeber this in the BF3 reveal. Coming off years of BF2 this was very impressive in graphics and immersion. But BF3 was where Battlefield took a turn to the bad for me. It just wasnt the same game, all the auto lock on rubbish. Thje jets were trash, the choppers trash. It was now a console game and no longer a PC game. But many love it and i open for it as I am too old to play FPS multiplayer anymore. But I do remember the lead up to BF3 release. There was an epic Bf3 thread in EA forums of meme after meme. Good times.

Mojoraisin

I’ve been one of BFV’s biggest critics, but I really think they nailed the gunplay so well in V, something that used to be the series biggest weakness. If they learn from their mistakes and release something the fans really want, I think it’ll be successful.
Since BF1 was their best selling BF game by far, I don’t really see them getting all the way back to BF2 days, but perhaps bad company style play.

Talking about lessons learned - I had hoped they’d learn something from their silly wokeness and history revisionism. Just to see BLM-Message’s plastered in BF1 and V intro screens.
*Huge fucking sigh*

Last edited:

EDMIX

I’ve been one of BFV’s biggest critics, but I really think they nailed the gunplay so well in V, something that used to be the series biggest weakness. If they learn from their mistakes and release something the fans really want, I think it’ll be successful.
Since BF1 was their best selling BF game by far, I don’t really see them getting all the way back to BF2 days, but perhaps bad company style play.

Talking about lessons learned - I had hoped they’d learn something from their silly wokeness and history revisionism. Just to see BLM-Message’s plastered in BF1 and V intro screens.
*Huge fucking sigh*

Well I don't think any BF has ever been created to tell any recreation, biography, exact telling of etc of any war....like ever. I can't even think of 1 Battlefield game that has ever done that, to argue "revisionism" as when did they ever state the story was suppose to be about a real person or something? It would be like saying Ghost Of Tsushima is "revisionism" when the game was never fucking made to be a simulation or anything weird like that.

Its historical FICTION, as in.....fake. So like you stated, with BF1 being their best selling Battlefield game, notice that most didn't give a shit that the stories in the game were fictional in their exact moment to moment events lol. Its almost as if we knew it was made for fun and not a documentary and or simulation..... Most people I know who play BF don't even play its single player let alone make it seem as if it must be exact moment by moment of someone's real life or something. BFV's real issues have more to do with design and technical stuff then anything to do with "revisionism" or "wokeness" as the same people that cry about that stuff will continue to cry about that stuff and measure people's chin sizes as they try to read the minds of developers to see if they voted or prayed the same way before buying a game or something... Those same people said the SAME THING about BF1. So...to argue that they need to " learn from their mistakes" and make it seem as if that had to do with "silly wokeness and history revisionism" etc makes little sense when BF1 is the best selling Battlefield in history.... So those same folks triggered over BF1, would be triggered over BFV, they would buy neither game based on such emotions, thus cancel each other out. BFV's issues had a lot to do with it having a shorter cycle of development, less maps at launch, TTK changes with so many updates etc.

So I don't give a shit what they do with the story in BFVI, I don't play the series for that trash and never will. BFVI is a day 1 for me based on the quality the team can put out for its MP in terms of updates and post launch support.

Last edited:

INC

Well I don't think any BF has ever been created to tell any recreation, biography, exact telling of etc of any war....like ever. I can't even think of 1 Battlefield game that has ever done that, to argue "revisionism" as when did they ever state the story was suppose to be about a real person or something? It would be like saying Ghost Of Tsushima is "revisionism" when the game was never fucking made to be a simulation or anything weird like that.

Its historical FICTION, as in.....fake. So like you stated, with BF1 being their best selling Battlefield game, notice that most didn't give a shit that the stories in the game were fictional in their exact moment to moment events lol. Its almost as if we knew it was made for fun and not a documentary and or simulation..... Most people I know who play BF don't even play its single player let alone make it seem as if it must be exact moment by moment of someone's real life or something. BFV's real issues have more to do with design and technical stuff then anything to do with "revisionism" or "wokeness" as the same people that cry about that stuff will continue to cry about that stuff and measure people's chin sizes as they try to read the minds of developers to see if they voted or prayed the same way before buying a game or something... Those same people said the SAME THING about BF1. So...to argue that they need to " learn from their mistakes" and make it seem as if that had to do with "silly wokeness and history revisionism" etc makes little sense when BF1 is the best selling Battlefield in history.... So those same folks triggered over BF1, would be triggered over BFV, they would buy neither game based on such emotions, thus cancel each other out. BFV's issues had a lot to do with it having a shorter cycle of development, less maps at launch, TTK changes with so many updates etc.

So I don't give a shit what they do with the story in BFVI, I don't play the series for that trash and never will. BFVI is a day 1 for me based on the quality the team can put out for its MP in terms of updates and post launch support.

Quality and support arent 2 words I think of, after bfv

EDMIX

Quality and support arent 2 words I think of, after bfv

Exactly what I think of.

Free updates for Ray tracing, free maps, weapons, updates to correct issues, balancing etc.

So of all the issues I had with BFV, support and quality wasn't any of em....

shaddam

His channel is still quite big, and he play whatever shooter he wants to play of course giving bonus points to the popular stuff because YouTube algorithm.
No issue.
He's still all about Battlefield, if there was any right now.
Nah
If you are a BF fan and make a video about the series you should start with BF1942 or Codename Eagle

INC

The support also was garbage, lol.

Don't worry we got face paint for only £10 worth of boins

Sorry to say this, but anyone who thinks bfv was full of "quality and support"

You're part of the problem as to why BF has become hot trash, still supporting them and making excuses.

BFV was a huge failure in every sense of the word, battlefield heroes had more soul, and thats saying something

Don't worry we got face paint for only £10 worth of boins

Sorry to say this, but anyone who thinks bfv was full of "quality and support"

You're part of the problem as to why BF has become hot trash, still supporting them and making excuses.

BFV was a huge failure in every sense of the word, battlefield heroes had more soul, and thats saying something
That is what I said though. The support was trash. They canned the support too soon, we didn't even get the Russians.

Mojoraisin

Hard to follow your arguments but I'll give it a try.

First of all - I agree with you that it was very much a problem with the game content at release. It's the primary reason for falling short of BF1 in sales.

Secondly - and this has been debated to death in discussions you have been part of - so let's not go down that rabbit hole again. You know full well that a part of the fan base were upset by Dices handling of criticism with "everyone's battlefield" mocking their hardcore fans. It doesn't matter if you think they are right or not or if you play the single player or not. It sure as hell didn't help sales but I agree with you it was not a deciding factor and I never said it was. It's the pushed wokeness a lot of people didn't like, me included, and BFV had more than enough it at launch. How you can even compare it to some of the reactions BF1 got is laughable.

Thirdly - you and I have a different opinion and that's fine. I won't be buying next BF if they push too much political messaging such as BLM into the game (and it's not only single player mode). I don't want Trump there, I don't want Biden there either. Keep current politics out of the game world. I vote with my wallet.

Lastly I think BFV is a fantastic multiplayer experience now after content has been added and they've stopped changing game mechanics every other month. More people should go back to play it if already bought. I want to buy another game from Dice if they deliver - I love the franchise, that's why I am hoping they keep to making the game great and leave the politics out of it.

Last edited:

zombrex

For the love of god they need to fix the wonky physics/lag on wheeled vehicles.
Apart from that just look at Battlefield 4 and 1.
And don't endlessly obsess over balance, unbalanced things are often very fun!

The lethality of everything in BF1 operations mode at launch made it amazingly fun and intense to play. Tanks were terrifying and mortars and gas shut down camping in seconds.
It was chaotic, brutal and felt like being in an actual warzone. Then they do what Dice always does best which is slowly patch it into oblivion; dumbing down everything to the point nothing is feared and you just run and gun circles around tanks like you are a super human in Halo. They made most gadgets became useless or have severe restrictions. I want to have fun with all the interesting and unique gadgets, weapons and vehicles. A tank or plane should be OP compared to a person. Overcoming that challenge is exciting!

Last edited:

Starfield

You got click baited again by that bald fraud jackfrags, my friend.
Yep.

Fuck him and fuck EA
Baiting pieces of shit so their franchise stays relevant.

Guess I have to be the first here....

Battlefield is dead.

Call of Duty is now a better franchise.

Let that sink in your mind.

Kerotan

This is still crossgen so i'm not optimist about upgraded destruction that fully use the ryzens inside the consolles (or pc).
Did they not confirm ages ago the next Battlefield is targeting holiday 21 and will be next gen only.

If that's true and it's back to modern day I'm super hyped. Need a higher player count though.

GymWolf

Did they not confirm ages ago the next Battlefield is targeting holiday 21 and will be next gen only.

If that's true and it's back to modern day I'm super hyped. Need a higher player count though.
Thanks for the info, but i don't believe this for a second until i see a full nextgen trailer of bf6 with nextgen destruction.

They are too greedy to leave behind hundreds of milions of players in the old consolles.

Not saying that you are lying bro, i'm just a pessimistic guy.

Last edited:
JF has some explaining to do. he was CLEARLY teasing something. The only thing i can think of is that maybe EA was planning on doing something yesterday and delayed last moment? Maybe the series s and the ubisoft event muddled things up too much yesterday

Kerotan

Thanks for the info, but i don't believe this for a second until i see a full nextgen trailer of bf6 with nextgen destruction.

They are too greedy to leave behind hundreds of milions of players in the old consolles.

I'm with you bro.

INC

If you watch the demo reel, I find its save to say the player count will be higher

Now how they increase the player count i another matter

I have a feeling MP will have bots like titanfall, to make it look like there's 150+ players, I could be wrong tho, just feeling

Next gen destruction is what i wanna see tho from the next BF

If you watch the demo reel, I find its save to say the player count will be higher

Now how they increase the player count i another matter

I have a feeling MP will have bots like titanfall, to make it look like there's 150+ players, I could be wrong tho, just feeling

Next gen destruction is what i wanna see tho from the next BF
bots is a hard pass for me. i would never play an online shooter that has bots.

128+ player counts should be piece of cake with zen2 cpu’s. IF they make it cross gen then they can just limit the player size on the old consoles like they did with bf3 on the 360.

Im not so sure they will hold back tho. BF was always a title that people upgraded their GPUs for because they always pushed things. I think if they were making a safe enough game to be cross-gen then they could have released in 2020 rather than 2021

Top Bottom