• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
rainking187 said:
Definitely doesn't work like that for me. I earned my third gold star on a weapon during a match and got disconnected. Next time I played I had to earn it again.

Weird: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/13165436-post4.html

You will get any points earned if you quit/crash out of a round.
The server sends the stats of everyone from the server even if they arent there when the round ends.

Now, if the SERVER crashed...

Dynamic3 said:
Is that data still from the PC beta or have the been updated (and apply to the console versions as well)?

I'm assuming player health is 100, and headshots give a 2x dmg multiplier?

Edit: The fact that .50 w/ Magnum only does 98.8 dmg is such BS haha. Make it one shot kill!

It would be nice if they did Magnum vs. Armor, and displayed the hardcore multipliers as well.

Source: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-ng/939323-bfbc2-weapon-stats.html

EDIT: Apparently this is some arguments over what's accurate...but I found these, too:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/942876-weapon-stats-damage.html

http://bfbc2info.blogspot.com/

bfbc2infoSpecSlots.png

bfbc2infoBulletDrop.png

But it sounds like there's some controversy...because the PC damage tables have a 25% reduction in overall damage? I'm reading up on it now, don't jump to too many conclusions...

zero margin said:
Don't forget the one exit that most bases have so when you do get spawn camped you're stuck like fish in a barrel. Rush is where it's at.

What? No, conquest is where it's at ;).

Your whole squad is a spawn point, get out there and cap a couple points so you aren't boxed in! No way the other team marches down the map and plugs up your spawn entrance before you can get out at the beginning of the match after all.

I admit though, one dominating squad can manage to clear out opposition and start spawn camping, but the other team would have been destroyed anyway in that situation. The uneven matchmaking is inevitable when it's so easy to join up with friends...convenience comes at a price I guess.

Loving this game. Had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the feel of the shooting and the guns, but I'm definitely starting to get a better grasp on it all now. Medic guns seem OP in general though. Seems to me they should be less accurate from the hip, and maybe more and more erratic recoil DTS.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
practice02 said:
I play an ass load of games and I never have a problem with this just because I will only play one competitive game and then move to the next.
That's something I rarely do. L4D and Killing Floor were the last MP games where I really got deep into it, and even then it wasn't too deep. Lately I've been bouncing between this, CS:S, DoD:S, and Crysis Wars. So I'm all over the place.

Brakara

BobsRevenge said:
I dunno man, depends on the map. On a lot of maps there are barely any vehicles around to use mines on. I like to use rockets against snipers (either exposing them or going for a one-shot kill so I don't make myself to available to get sniped in the process), so the Carl Gustav is perfect for that.

Rockets can be surprisingly worthless against tanks though. Two shots to the back should bring them down, imo. Having to fire three rockets to do it is pretty crazy. It shouldn't take all your rockets to bring down one tank with these reload times, especially since I've been in situations where I've seen three going at once against me. I feel like the other BF games are better balanced in this way. Maybe it's the extra-armor perk.

I think the Carl Gustaf is weaker against tanks than the other rocket launchers (but stronger against soldiers).

shagg_187 said:
4 people join a squad. Start a game. Once the game starts, one should leave the squad and invite the other two. Problem solved! Just make sure there is enough room in your team for 6+ people to join.

So stupid you have to do this shit in 2010. Spent 3 games on the other team the other night before I was able to join my friends. That's well over an hour getting my ass kicked.

sagat2036 said:
is that bad?? hehe

It ain't bad. Accuracy doesn't really matters really. Sometimes you shoot someone who is not even close to you. Looking at the fact that you used M60, your accuracy is good since M60 is more of a "spray now, kill later" weapon where you just go all Rambo on their ass (when there are 3 or more people running around, most people don't stop pulling the trigger in M60 and just move the cursor, thus effecting the "accuracy").

Now if you have 10% accuracy with a sniper... err... maybe you need a new class! ;)

CitizenCope said:
So stupid you have to do this shit in 2010. Spent 3 games on the other team the other night before I was able to join my friends. That's well over an hour getting my ass kicked.

Yeah. It is pretty annoying but I guess you just have to get adjusted to it. I have stopped worrying about playing with 6+ players and just join whoever is playing. Most of the times, other Gaffers just follow you or others around and eventually it's a full-on "GAF vs the world" kinda match.

j-wood

Question for those playing on SDTVs, does the game run in widescreen for you? IE, there are black bars at the top and bottom? I have it hooked up through S-Video, and have that. Any way to change it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Captain Pants said:
Sometimes I'll sneak back and throw some C4 on their console and head back to base and wait to see a UAV in the sky.:D

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

BobsRevenge said:
That's something I rarely do. L4D and Killing Floor were the last MP games where I really got deep into it, and even then it wasn't too deep. Lately I've been bouncing between this, CS:S, DoD:S, and Crysis Wars. So I'm all over the place.
You can pretty much not play Counter strike and be better for it. IMO

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
abuC said:
Why is it assumed that people with high KDRs aren't going for the objective?

I never said that. I was just stating that attacking or defending objectives is more important. My point is that I don't really care about dying or suiciding if I can help my team out. That's all.

Ok, so according to here (PC Retail), the AN-94 does max 20 damage at close range, and at long range, does 14.3 damage.

But this guy in the console forum is showing the AN-94 doing max 25, long range 20.9 damage, and mentions a 25% increase in damage.

What's going on here?

Brakara

shagg_187 said:
YES!!! FUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! Especially during Arica Desert. All of them lined up in a hill pissed me the fuck off and I shoot down EVERYONE (these are moments where I wish I could teamkill).

You may not be able to teamkill them, but at least tag them with your tracer dart gun. They'll light up like christmas trees.

butts

Only thing that sucks about this game is that there is only a small handful of maps, and they are split between 2 game modes. Anyone know of any good PC servers that rotate between game types?

Mr. Snrub said:
Ok, so according to here (PC Retail), the AN-94 does max 20 damage at close range, and at long range, does 14.3 damage.

But this guy in the console forum is showing the AN-94 doing max 25, long range 20.9 damage, and mentions a 25% increase in damage.

What's going on here?
Thats easy.

Instead of or in addition to increased hitbox sizes on consoles, they increased damaged, or lowered damage on PC due to M&K accuracy increases.

Mystery Solved my dear Watson.

Cuban Legend said:
Thats easy.

Instead of or in addition to increased hitbox sizes on consoles, they increased damaged, or lowered damage on PC due to M&K accuracy increases.

Mystery Solved my dear Watson.

Well, it's obvious what they did, if it's true. But it's stupid.

Mr. Snrub said:
Well, it's obvious what they did, if it's true. But it's stupid.
I certainly don't mind.

I just see it as them increasing damage on the consoles from the Default (PC) to help those with joysticks to not suck since aim-assist is not in MP. So not only do they have adjusted hitboxes, they have more damage.

Sounds like a hilarious handicap to me. Go Master Race? :)

Cuban Legend said:
I certainly don't mind.

I just see it as them increasing damage on the consoles form the Default (PC) to help those with joysticks to not suck since aim-assist is not in MP. So not only do they have adjusted hitboxes, they have more damage: Sounds like a seriously hilarious handicap to me.

This just solidifies the PC Master Race higher.
:lol

True, I guess. But it bothers me that if I sneak up behind someone, stand still, and fire, it will take me more shots to get a kill than a console gamer would.

dralla

wow, SMG's with Mag ammo are beastly. between the PP/UZi, just had a round of 45 and 19. felt like such a badass too, taking out 4 guys as they ran to disarm a bomb. feels good man.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Almost confirmed : No BFBC2 for me this week. T__T

Kibbles

HOLY SHIT I just got 720 points stacked. :lol

[edit] Omg this game is just going awesome all around (on Arica Harbor). Insane standoffs. Fuck this game for not having a theater mode.

Lkr

j-wood said:
Question for those playing on SDTVs, does the game run in widescreen for you? IE, there are black bars at the top and bottom? I have it hooked up through S-Video, and have that. Any way to change it?
if it wasn't running in widescreen, you'd be at a huge disadvantage against widescreen players

Taurus

W11kate.png

I've died a lot lately. I've been trying to max out every class, and I freaking hate playing as recon. NO, I'm not gonna go sit into a bush and snipe, I want to go for the objectives! They really should remove the K/D stat, and replace it with W/L stat.

Note to self: Maybe hardcore mode isn't the best possible mode for collecting points. Especially when motion mines are completely useless.

180840389.png

BF1943! <3

Finally convinced my bro to get this game! He's always been a Modern Warfare 2 guy but after showing him Bad Company 2 in action he likes it and will give it a try!

I now have someone to play with! :D

Let's spread the word and get some more Bad Company 2 converts! :p

Got the PS3 version, and was trying to play a bit of Rush. Couldn't find a game that was full, matchmaking always put me in games that was like 3 vs 5 or similar.
Those games were not filling up, either.

It's a great game, but I was looking forward to 12 vs 12 battles :(

dLMN8R

Anyone else having a blast running around as Recon with anything but a sniper rifle?

C4 is so much fun to use and surprise people with :lol

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have to say that the EuroGAF is well represented with mics and everything. It's always a pleasure to play with the guys.

If you also want to join into the fun. Add yourself via this thread-o-majingie, I'll go through it every now and then and add everyone to my friends list. (Wow, what an honor.)

So now that the excuse is out of the way to post, here is my sig:
benny_a.png

Can anyone answer me if every weapon gets the "MAGNUM" text added to it if you equip it?

I get killed a lot by <GOL whatever MAGNUM> but whenever I use the magnum stuff on my AN94, I never get MAGNUM appended. The weapon name stays the same.

Taurus

bandresen said:
I have to say that the EuroGAF is well represented with mics and everything. It's always a pleasure to play with the guys.

If you also want to join into the fun. Add yourself via this thread-o-majingie, I'll go through it every now and then and add everyone to my friends list. (Wow, what an honor.)
Bookmarked the page, thanks! I'll check it out later, gotta fly now. :)

Sill4

dLMN8R said:
Anyone else having a blast running around as Recon with anything but a sniper rifle?

I roll my Recon with the Garand.

bandresen said:
Can anyone answer me if every weapon gets the "MAGNUM" text added to it if you equip it?

I get killed a lot by <GOL whatever MAGNUM> but whenever I use the magnum stuff on my AN94, I never get MAGNUM appended. The weapon name stays the same.

Pretty sure that Magnum is a part of the GOL's name :lol

dLMN8R said:

I use the semi auto shotty mostly, and roll with the mortar strike since it's so good on rush maps for collapsing buildings and whatnot. Sniping sucks, recon is great though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
dLMN8R said:

The pump action shotty just destroys fools when I'm defending an M-COM in close quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom