• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
WTF FERSIS! YOU GET BACK OUT THERE AND START COMMUNITY MANAGERING RIGHT NAOW! I WANT ANSWER, STAT!

:lol

(Don't taze me, bro)
Wut are you talking about?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
1stStrike said:
You've been selected as the unofficial community manager by gaffers. What gaffers say is law.
I guess they should be presenting their new community manager in a couple of weeks isnt?
Good luck to that guy.

But yeah whats your question man?

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Where can I get a sexy accent like yours?
Never study english and you will have an awful accent and broken speech.

greenjerk said:
A little early to be drinking eh Strike?
:lol

I hate to sound whiny, but this will absolutely be my last DICE game if this lag continues. I tried play for the first time in a couple weeks and multiple servers are almost unplayable (360 version).

Goes like this:

A.) Join a room of 4v4 and deal with it. NO LAG OMG. Boring as shit.

or B.) Join a room of 8v8 and watch the reload animation twice every time, get stuck on objects you can't see, die spontaneously, etc.

Pathetic. I know big companies like money and all that, but at least try to fool me into thinking you care at all. $60 in the ass.

Ok, when did this game get so fucking crappy so quickly?

So much effing lag on the PS3 right now, it's unplayable. It is so fucking bad right now.
People exploiting the mines where they just drop them beside the mcom stations and shoot them.
Shitty support by DICE, I don't want no fucking players skins or WTF is was, or rehashed shitty maps for shitty modes no one plays, like Deathmatch and Squad Rush. Give me some damn original Rush and Conquest maps and I will pay fucking money for them.

It seems that every online game in this generation gets to shit after a couple of months after launch.

Uncharted 2 fucked itself up with that patch that tried to make it like COD, Killzone 2 screwed itself with the map packs and the control patch, Modern Warfare 2 was just full of bugs that everybody learned to exploit in the matter of time and kept getting laggier every patch and now this.

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
Dude, everyone's server was full last night. I tried to get into a couple of games, Dreamgazer sent me a couple of invites, etc. I ended up just going to another server on my own. Eventually we got some people in there, but it took time. Not my fault!

That's all-right, I'll still hold you responsible...:lol my buddies harass me all the time anyhow. I'll try again Friday night, LOL

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
That's all-right, I'll still hold you responsible...:lol my buddies harass me all the time anyhow. I'll try again Friday night, LOL

Count me in for some Friday Night Destruction 2.0!

Fersis

No_Style said:
I took a quick peak at the Live! Activity thread. I was surprised to see it at 7th place; COD4 is ahead of it.
Well... its actually unplayable so yeah a 7th place is pretty good.

Treo360

yeah in Atacama I was playing the role of Assault Demo Shotty class, and it went something like this;

C4's laid out in a grid by Bravo, I see a Tank coming, wait for it . . .Tank stops and is joined by another Tank, come on guys, a little closer. Tanks role up Helo above them, they start capping Bravo, I pull the plug, and, nothing. Disgusted I'm about to shut the Game off when all 6 charges go off. All three vehicles explode. 6 kills in 1-2 seconds. I relished it for another 5, then I quit.

Fuck this lag.

Fersis

Another night with 'unplayable' lag.

Az

Played a bit with greenjerk today, did you see that clan that was just destroying us??
They had a full team with clan tags [pp], 5 of them were rank 50 already. I think the lowest guy was a 37. Nothing we could do against them.

But yea I am really sad that this game is getting to the point of being unplayable. Oh well, how far away is Killzone 3?

1stStrike

Banned
All right guys, we're gonna take a trip back in time and play the best online game EVER!

250px-Subspace_Cover.jpg

It's THE internet game!

Or, for a more realistic look:

Subspace.gif

:lol :lol

(I played this for 6 years, jesus fucking christ)

Wthermans

Banned
I can't believe how bad DICE is dropping the ball on this game. For all the smacktalk they had about MW2 prior to BC2's release, they sure aren't doing things much different.

BF was always a very niche franchise (albeit with a pretty large "niche"), but if DICE isn't careful they could damage the BF name beyond repair (it didn't have much of a name to begin with given their past history of bugs---they had a halfway decent history of post-release support, but that's falling to the wayside as well).

I'm wondering if they are perhaps getting overworked by all their projects. They've got MOH MP to worry about in the near term (probably starting their final development push and getting ready to start building hype), a BF1943 PC promise to uphold (although I could easily see them canceling this---we're close to a year since the console release and the PC version is almost 5 month past their last announced release date), probable BF3 development, BF: Heroes maintenance and store releases, and BC2 post-release support (which appears to be falling to the wayside).

IceMarker

So when was the info for the latest PC patch revealed? 2-3 weeks ago?

Jesus DICE get on the ball already I wanna play BC2 2.0 damnit.

Cruzader

Banned
Wish I had MW2 to play online.

BC2 servers suck so much it aint funny atm. Gonna skip MoH and wait to see how that goes online wise. Not worth playing for a few weeks online and then get fucked by lagg.

Fersis

Yup EA and DICE dropped the ball.
That VIP thing is awful (But its going to be the standard now), but i almost can live with it because the core game is amazing.

I mean how silly is to have maps locked from certain game modes?
Then... TEH LAG! I know that they're working on it but it doesnt make it less frustrating.

Someday i will make a better (and longer) post about what i dont like about all this situation.

Having said that, the game is awesome and the guys and gals at DICE are really nice people. :3
(I pretty much blame EA for the VIP thingy cutting us out from day one content)

EDIT: Bazajaytee is awesome.

Belfast

1stStrike said:
All right guys, we're gonna take a trip back in time and play the best online game EVER!

250px-Subspace_Cover.jpg

It's THE internet game!

Or, for a more realistic look:

Subspace.gif

:lol :lol

(I played this for 6 years, jesus fucking christ)

Subspace was fucking awesome, but I could never play on servers with the default speed settings.

1stStrike

Banned
Belfast said:
Subspace was fucking awesome, but I could never play on servers with the default speed settings.

It pretty much consumed my highschool years. I started in 1999, eventually started a zone of my own and then after a while became a server host on SSC (my server was SSCI) and had about 150+ players a day playing on my shit. Was pretty bad ass.

Then after a couple of years I finally got fed up with the game, PriitK's lack of continued development on Continuum (the new client -- the game is still running to this day), etc. and left.

Between actual play time and afk idling my account has over 10k hours on it :lol

Edit: apparently, they've modernized

Looks like someone is working on the client again too. Pretty crazy.

Snowballo

Guys,

when you talk about LAG are you referring to which version?
I'm not a pro (Lev. 11) but I've not experienced any lag 'till now.
X360 version.

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Played a bit with greenjerk today, did you see that clan that was just destroying us??
They had a full team with clan tags [pp], 5 of them were rank 50 already. I think the lowest guy was a 37. Nothing we could do against them.

But yea I am really sad that this game is getting to the point of being unplayable. Oh well, how far away is Killzone 3?

That was insane, they'd have two guys sneak in behind the mcoms and next thing you know there was 6-8 guys from their team running around. Between that kinda ass beating and the hail and t-storms pounding my house I thought it was a good time to bail... :(

Since going 19-0 W/L and a very solid K/D over the last few days (and having a blast), I'm just sucking and struggling. I hate funks like this.

I might go RDR for a bit... I played a bit this morning and saw Wes playing it. We should get a posse together at some point.

1stStrike

Banned
I might be on later. I, uh, actually wasted time playing subspace so I still have shit to do :lol

Edit: Played a couple games against gaffers. Fucking ridiculous lag, as per everyone else.

Az: Sorry about land mining/c4ing bravo on port valdez. I was pissed off at my team, had no squad and was up against gaffers. So, I was just like, fuck it I'm gonna be lame :p

I left the game, went to another, and it was still laggy (and my team was still retarded) but it was somewhat playable. Finished the game with 18 - 26 despite the lag (it was so bad my AN-94 didn't even fire when I tried to shoot one guy).

Rage quit the game and I'm done for the night. All I gotta say is that this "maintenance" they're doing tomorrow on the servers had better fucking fix this shit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:
Never had that problem, PC connection for the most part works great.

PS3 Patch incoming tomorrow (a hint of things to come for all platforms?):

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...n-3-server-and-client-update-rolling-out.aspx

Woohoo, Garand and 4 game modes fixed, and the increased penalty/reward points is more than welcome!

PRAISE DICE!

I can finally have I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO, legit now? I can finally have the 20000 THEY FUCKING HAVE BEEN SCREWING ME OUT OF FOR TWO MONTHS, FINALLY?

All Bronze Weapons and All Bronze Stars will FINALLY Light up?

Oh shit. Now if they fixed the lag...

I was doing shitty today thanks to the lag. Even the West coast server lagged a bit. My PS3 froze when I invited strike so I took a break. An hour later I was playing with randoms.

AzRim you were right tons of idiots are on today. No matter which server I went I got stuck with cowardice.

The lag got to the point where a lot of my shots didn't even register.

Wthermans said:
I can't believe how bad DICE is dropping the ball on this game. For all the smacktalk they had about MW2 prior to BC2's release, they sure aren't doing things much different.

BF was always a very niche franchise (albeit with a pretty large "niche"), but if DICE isn't careful they could damage the BF name beyond repair (it didn't have much of a name to begin with given their past history of bugs---they had a halfway decent history of post-release support, but that's falling to the wayside as well).

I'm wondering if they are perhaps getting overworked by all their projects. They've got MOH MP to worry about in the near term (probably starting their final development push and getting ready to start building hype), a BF1943 PC promise to uphold (although I could easily see them canceling this---we're close to a year since the console release and the PC version is almost 5 month past their last announced release date), probable BF3 development, BF: Heroes maintenance and store releases, and BC2 post-release support (which appears to be falling to the wayside).

Battlefield is not a niche. It sold 2.3 million copies in it's first year.

I totally agree however with your last point. DICE got too much shit on their plate right now, I don't know if it's EA or dice's fault but it doesn't give me any hope for their future game support.

Ramirez

Well, I tried this the other day after my hiatus with the Reach beta, the lag + terrible teammates made me turn it off in about 10 minutes. :lol

Sigh...

AcridMeat

Banned
Now that I'm on summer vacation I've had some time to get back into this game (PC). I even got around to making a stupid video of my friend and I dicking around.

The game is still fun on PC happily, though knifing is still a pretty glaring issue. Then again I go for knife kills more than the normal person would.

I don't really go for knife kills. A lot of the time the stab doesn't even register. I rather just shoot them and go to the next guy.

Maybe I'll start using the repair tool to kill somebody.

Hopefully tomorrow fixes all the problem the recent patch caused with the rubberbanding. I think I'm going to rock the XM8 tomorrow or the M416.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I don't really go for knife kills. A lot of the time the stab doesn't even register. I rather just shoot them and go to the next guy.

Maybe I'll start using the repair tool to kill somebody.

Hopefully tomorrow fixes all the problem the recent patch caused with the rubberbanding. I think I'm going to rock the XM8 tomorrow or the M416.

Yeah, that's my problem. I know it doesn't register more often than not but for some reason I can't help myself from trying to stab people in the face.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
How long is the maintenance supposed to last? I just patched the game (288MB - New coop mode included probably) but it says I can't connect, check network settings bla bla bla.

Fersis

Im reading some stuff on their forums, the patch has stuff not listed in the changelog:
-Points after death
-Several Maps layouts have changed.

Fersis said:
Im reading some stuff on their forums, the patch has stuff not listed in the changelog:
-Points after death
-Several Maps layouts have changed.
Isla Inocentes fence glitch!??!

Points after Death was one of the changes in the recently re-delayed PC patch, and the fence too iirc.

map layouts have changed.... HRMMMM

Fersis

1stStrike said:
Points after death
Maps changes

Awesome.

Official forums said:
BUT the patch does appear to have cured the Isla A Crate fence issue. I saw an assaulter destroying the fence - so I shot him.... But not until after he'd destroyed the lot.
The faceless master will be happy.

EDIT: Some people are reporting that the Conquest horn sounds only twice now! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom