• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I wonder how many games it'll take for DICE to balance air vehicles properly.

Shai-Tan said:
I'm annoyed by several of the Rush maps that only have a few stages. And on PC one of the longer maps tends to end in the first stage every time.
They all have the same: 3 which is pretty lame compared to how massive and long maps like Arica Harbor and Oasis are. Hopefully Hastings will be longer, but I'm guessing it will be the same 3 set shit.

EDIT: Well I guess Arica, etc have 4, but the Nam levels seem really short in comparison.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Faceless Master said:
are you saying PC gamers need a headstart?
I'm saying I want the fucking 5th map I paid for (they did advertise said map before the game released so it's not some nice bonus, it was a dick move where they said here is content finished we are holding back for no real reason).

Stallion Free said:
I'm saying I want the fucking 5th map I paid for (they did advertise said map before the game released so it's not some nice bonus, it was a dick move where they said here is content finished we are holding back for no real reason).

They did the same for 1943. I'm indifferent about it cause I know it will unlock soon and forces people to use teamwork instead of being jerk offs.

Stallion Free said:

Honestly, for the past few months they've been touting FOUR maps. A bonus fifth was a pleasant surprise when it was announced. To someone like me who was happy with four, five is a godsend.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
OldJadedGamer said:
They did the same for 1943. I'm indifferent about it cause I know it will unlock soon and forces people to use teamwork instead of being jerk offs.
Do you honestly think that people are changing the way they play to unlock this map?

Animator

I am going to wait for some impressions before I jump in. Don't want to make the same mistake I did with onslaught mode.

Crakatak187 said:
If it's the combination of 3 platform we'll get it soon.

If it was the combination of all 3 platforms we'd probably have it in a few hours. :lol

Going by how 1943 went, it'll be a 'competition'.

Is there a database of Gaffers playing on Steam? I'd like to team up with some regular players.

I'm SirButterstick in BC2, if anyone would like to add.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
DMczaf said:
Is there a list of CD-Keys that work on EADM, or is it just all games that are available on EADM?
Not sure actually, the only game I have added so far is the new Medal of Honor which I bought on D2D. I'm kicking myself because I had MoH Pacific Assault which I never finished back in the day due to having too crappy a computer. I went to play recently and realized I had lost disk 4 so I threw it in the trash, CD key and all.

Max

I am not Max
yodathesoda said:
How many gigs required on the HD for this? Pretty stoked for it but might need a larger HD first.
5840 Mb

Vietnam is included with the BC2 install regardless of whether you own it or not

Edit: Oh you're maybe talking about the 360 ver. nevermind.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ugh.. it's up for the 360 but the PSN monkey is still all :
763-provocative-monkey.jpg

COME ON MAN.

Jtrizzy

-Yeti said:
Going to Gamestop today to buy BFBC2 and then getting the expansion on PSN. Can't wait!

It's been too long.
How much was it? Im getting this for my brother for xmas, but its too late for amazon so im trying to find the cheapest version that still includes the vip code.

iam220

Animator said:
I am going to wait for some impressions before I jump in. Don't want to make the same mistake I did with onslaught mode.

It's bc2 but with new weapons and new maps and some attachments taken out. Also more infantry focused. That's all there is to it. If you want more of bc2, buy it. if not, don't.

iam220 said:
It's bc2 but with new weapons and new maps and some attachments taken out. Also more infantry focused. That's all there is to it. If you want more of bc2, buy it. if not, don't.

When are we going to get a no sniper playlist in games!!!!

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
I bought BF: BC2 for PC yesterday, and pending on how well it runs on my PC, I will buy Vietnam as well. The problem is I'm absolutely terrified about bad performance. I'm installing it as we speak, so I guess I'll know soon enough. I have a dual core 4000+ AMD, a GeForce 7800 GT and 4 gigs of RAM. Definitely not enough, right?

Jtrizzy said:
How much was it? Im getting this for my brother for xmas, but its too late for amazon so im trying to find the cheapest version that still includes the vip code.

How come it's too late for Amazon? Unless you mean you want it right away. The Ultimate Edition is $30 right now on Amazon which contains all the VIP stuff.

Stallion Free said:
they've been saying four maps all along. they announced the 5th map along with with the promotion to unlock it.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
So, yeah, I was right. The game crashed as soon as a map finished loading :'( Any recommendations for a budget card/processor to run this baby?

1stStrike

Banned
ProudClod said:
So, yeah, I was right. The game crashed as soon as a map finished loading :'( Any recommendations for a budget card/processor to run this baby?

Get a Geforce 260 GTS and overclock it. Should run fine.

iam220

ProudClod said:
I bought BF: BC2 for PC yesterday, and pending on how well it runs on my PC, I will buy Vietnam as well. The problem is I'm absolutely terrified about bad performance. I'm installing it as we speak, so I guess I'll know soon enough. I have a dual core 4000+ AMD, a GeForce 7800 GT and 4 gigs of RAM. Definitely not enough, right?

Oh wow, that's like a mid range rig from 2006, so yeah .... you'd be lucky to get 20 frames on the lowest settings.

ProudClod said:

budget? You'll need the party pack. New mobo, cpu, ram, gpu ..

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
iam220 said:
Oh wow, that's like a mid range rig from 2006, so yeah .... you'd be lucky to get 20 frames on the lowest settings.

budget? You'll need the party pack. New mobo, cpu, ram, gpu ..

I'm assuming mobo means motherboard? Not sure why i'd need one. It has all the slots I need. Double PCI-E is probably the most important thing, which I have. I have twice as much RAM as BFBC2 shows as recommended, so I should be good, right? Which leaves new CPU and GPU.

1-D_FTW

Does this game have unlockable perks or not?

I keep getting killed with people who have specialties equipped. Is this just their default setup and meaningless or do you actually get to use perks when you level up in Vietnam. I'm level 1, so I wouldn't know.

iam220

ProudClod said:
I'm assuming mobo means motherboard? Not sure why i'd need one. It has all the slots I need. Double PCI-E is probably the most important thing, which I have. I have twice as much RAM as BFBC2 shows as recommended, so I should be good, right? Which leaves new CPU and GPU.

Well since you're running what is now an ancient dual core, you'll need to upgrade your motherboard if you want to buy any of the "off-the-shelf" cpus. As they won't be compatible with the motherboard you currently have. Also, since the newer motherboards accept only ddr2/3 ram and you probably are still on ddr1, you'll also need new ram.

1-D_FTW said:
Does this game have unlockable perks or not?

I keep getting killed with people who have specialties equipped. Is this just their default setup and meaningless or do you actually get to use perks when you level up in Vietnam. I'm level 1, so I wouldn't know.

Yes, there are unlocks which are shared with bc2. So if you already unlocked everything in bc2, you'll have it in vietnam as well.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
iam220 said:
Well since you're running what is now an ancient dual core, you'll need to upgrade your motherboard if you want to buy any of the "off-the-shelf" cpus. As they won't be compatible with the motherboard you currently have. Also, since the newer motherboards accept only ddr2/3 ram and you probably are still on ddr1, you'll also need new ram.

Yes, there are unlocks which are shared with bc2. So if you already unlocked everything in bc2, you'll have it in vietnam as well.

Gah. Should've done some research before I impulse bought the game. At least it was 6 bucks.

Mafro said:
M40 is an absolute beast. Have they fiddled with the bullet damage/player health or something?

All the weapons are a bit more lethal than the guns in BC2, including the M40: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

richiek said:
The Recon class seems heavily nerfed now. I understand that there are no motion mines, but you can't spot enemies anymore? Weak.

What is this crap? Of course you can spot enemies, with any character, any weapon, any vehicle.

CozMick said:
Disappointed that there ain't no unlocks.

It's what keeps me coming back for more, now it'll be a "buy it when i'm bored" expansion :(
:lol

This generation...

iam220 said:

You can also unlock BC2 unlocks by playing Vietnam. My brother was playing Vietnam and got a "You have unlocked an item in Bad Company 2" prompt.

Massa

ProudClod said:
Gah. Should've done some research before I impulse bought the game. At least it was 6 bucks.

You should be able to run the game just fine with your computer. Does it crash in single player too? Maybe it's just punkbuster causing the crash when you try to join a MP match, and I'm sure there's a fix for that.

I don't have a gaming PC anymore so I don't know the details here but you should be able to find help and fix your problem.

Yeah I don't like the map design. So many arbitrary you can't go there because its black on the mini-map areas. Feels even more so in that area than regular BC2. If you're going to do that you might as well design it with natural looking borders that achieve the same effect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
iam220 said:
Seriously, how is withholding content and making you "work" for it a good thing? I ... I ... just don't get it.

I can understand the developers reason: It's to make players play with the "new guns" they unlock before settling in on the gun their comfortable/broken with. But yeah...

C Jones

Mr. Snrub said:
All the weapons are a bit more lethal than the guns in BC2, including the M40: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

What is this crap? Of course you can spot enemies, with any character, any weapon, any vehicle.

:lol

This generation...

You can also unlock BC2 unlocks by playing Vietnam. My brother was playing Vietnam and got a "You have unlocked an item in Bad Company 2" prompt.
Yup, I got the prompt too.

RE: the sniper class "nerf": they removed the spotting scope, but of course you can still spot by hitting select. Maybe that's what the poster was complaining about? But now you get mortars and tnt at the same time

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stoney Mason said:
Yeah I don't like the map design. So many arbitrary you can't go there because its black on the mini-map areas. Feels even more so in that area than regular BC2. If you're going to do that you might as well design it with natural looking borders that achieve the same effect.

You so obviously haven't done out-of-bounds antics like Faceless and I have done in numerous games, then.

iam220

TheSeks said:
I can understand the developers reason: It's to make players play with the "new guns" they unlock before settling in on the gun their comfortable/broken with. But yeah...

Yeah ... I doubt that's their reason. More like trying to artificially inflate your enjoyment of the game by giving you that feeling of "accomplishment" when you unlock something. It's obviously working.

Cracked.com actually has a decent article (for once) about this.

Top Bottom