• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

Lakitu

st5fu
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE UNVEILING
JUNE 9TH 12:00PM PDT
WATCH ONLINE AT WWW.EA.COM/E3

QPZKM4E.jpg

---

Possibly called Battlefield: Havana (purely speculative)?

Link to source

Very disappointed it's cross-gen but unsurprising.

Update 1: Some details

More details, from the comments via source:

Yeah it's probably the rumored SWAT themed BF game. I've found quite a lot of info...

EDIT1: The code-name is apparently Omaha.

EDIT2: Possible game modes: TDM, Turf War (Small and Large), Heist and Blood Mooney.

EDIT3: Possible teams: SWAT, Thieves, "LW" and "CR".

EDIT4: The game is pretty much ready for E3, Heist and Blood Mooney will be playable on the map High Tension (MP_Downtown).

EDIT5: I believe Commander mode will be available too.

EDIT6: Possible "classes" (maybe they're just loadouts): Enforcer, Mastermind, Techincian and Professional. There should be vehicles too.

EDIT7: Possible in-game store where you can buy weapons and accessories (hopefully ala CounterStrike).

EDIT8: There will be the police baton ("The police baton is used in melee combat to deter wrongdoes from bad behavior.")

Visceral basically confirmed:

reddit said:
Hey DICE, the emblem creator is now broken, there is 2 missing emblems, one of them is called 'visceralskull' and if you click on it and save, it completely breaks the emblem creator. It creates the object but does not load effectively breaking it.

[–]SvartAnka 3 points 40 minutes ago [DICE Employee]
On it.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/26levh/soooo_what_did_the_update_do/chs5wuz

Also, name seems to be Battlefield: Hardline.

reddit said:
[–]ShavedAp3 4 points 2 hours ago*
Battlefield Hardline, you heard it here first :)
I found a youtuber that went to San Francisco recently who has been adding battlefield hardline to his video tags. I dont really want to name names because I dont want to drop anyone in it but anyway thats how I came up with that name.
A number of them went by the way xFactor, LevelCap and JackFrags to name but a few and none of them have said why yet. You can bet they saw something they cant talk about yet my guess is this is it. I wasn't sure based on the YouTube tags until this picture now I'm certain.

https://twitter.com/BFDaily/status/471277762905657345/photo/1

Ribbons from the next Battlefield game

BopUwwGIMAE50y1.png

https://twitter.com/BFDaily/status/471282308788805632

Equipment from the next Battlefield game:

BopV_4HIIAA4_mz.png

https://twitter.com/BFDaily/status/471283668208861185
Ranks from the next Battlefield game:

BopaMPDCQAA9lbK.png

Vehicle unlocks from the next Battlefield game:

Bopda38IgAA1hK7.png:large

Weapons from the next Battlefield game:

BopfU0jCEAADVul.png:large
Weapon unlocks from the next Battlefield game:

BopgaPeIYAAkbNS.png:large
Weapons from the next Battlefield game (Better look):

BophjO4IUAAYFc6.png:large

Service Stars:

small-6a4d141a.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
at some point (hopefully now, or at least soon), crossgen won't be holding PS4/XB1/PC back - they'll be the lead platforms and PS360 will just get ports done.

The_Monk

I really hope this one to be good and playable since Day one. As someone who had the Limited edition of BF3 on PS3 and later on PC, it's a shame I had to skip BF4 but as a consumer I couldn't support them.

Here's hoping for the best.

DieH@rd

Banned
at some point (hopefully now, or at least soon), crossgen won't be holding PS4/XB1/PC back - they'll be the lead platforms and PS360 will just get ports done.

Well, visually yes. But, devs really dont like to change the gameplay.

They are fully aware that they can push the number of enemies, create complicated AI and more on nextgen, but they will scale all that down so that x360/ps3 users have the identical gameplay.

Visceral's game is this year's worst kept secret.

Edit: I have written off Battlefield, but a more intimate Battlefield centered around a SWAT like team with destruction at that level does sound awesome. Really I just want a sequel to Bad Company though.

Mumford

Unsurprised, but I'm still disappointed that BF is now annual. I'm really not gonna be motivated to pick this one up, despite actually loving BF4.

If Dragon Age Inquisition is any example I don't think Frostbite will held back too much by cross gen. Battlefield 4 clearly suffered from Launch title blues. I'm not worried.

thenexus6

A BF game where you play as swat would be cool, I need my fix seeing as Rainbow Six is nowhere to be found.

Next will be multi gen swat then after a full on proper PC, X1, PS4 only Battlefield game.

EmpReb

Banned
I am going to pre-order this.... And the premium Dlc pack too even after the BF4 fiasco. I am a crack addict.... for BF games :p

OneUh8

I refuse to get hyped over the next BF game. They burned us so bad on BF4 and left a bad taste in my mouth. I preordered and bought premium, and it took them months before the game was acceptable. I will wait and see from here on out with this franchise.

sry for the rant lol

title is missing SHOCKING NEWS :D

(want to know more though, how on earth is this cops&robbers theme going to work in a battlefield setting)

Kabuto

5 Platforms again? After Battlefield 4, I'm surprised EA is trying to make a studio work on a Battlefield game on that many different platforms for a second year in a row.

I refuse to get hyped over the next BF game. They burned us so bad on BF4 and left a bad taste in my mouth. I preordered and bought premium, and it took them months before the game was acceptable. I will wait and see from here on out with this franchise.

sry for the rant lol

I've put in over 600 hours in Battlefield 4 and I'm in the same boat as you. Game was unplayable and unbalanced the first 4 months.

Unsurprised, but I'm still disappointed that BF is now annual. I'm really not gonna be motivated to pick this one up, despite actually loving BF4.

It's annualized in brand only. Sounds like Visceral's take on the franchise will be quite different. Wouldn't surprise me if Battlefront next year is treated as a Battlefield like release as well.

sry for the rant lol

One thing about Visceral's game is that they always have a high degree of polish. Significantly more than any other game on the EA label. So I really wouldn't worry about it releasing with the same issues that BF4 had.

It's annualized in brand only. Sounds like Visceral's take on the franchise will be quite different. Wouldn't surprise me if Battlefront next year is treated as a Battlefield like release as well.

Yeah, I think they just realized that if they want to compete with CoD then it has to be a yearly franchise. They can't go a year or two without a new game when CoD is in the news every year with a big new release.

EmpReb

Banned
That would be a good thing cause I think BF needs a break from two main line titles back to back. That was bad idea looking back on BF history they never released two main line battlefields in the same era and and with in 2 years two of each other. Really 2143 should have come out this spring. Been polished and left a better impression on everyone.

Acidote

This annualization "in brand only" as you say will fragmentate the community and I don't like it, but I understand it's what they have to do to heighten their brand awareness to CoD levels.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah EA said something to the effect of "and the game will have to do well, especially on next-gen" which technically implied last-gen versions exist.

Yes

Visceral and Ghost Games UK
Apparently most of Ghost UK is back on NFS again, and working on Battlefield was a temporary assignment until Ghost Gothenburg decided what to do with the series.

From the source.

label:"Enforcer",val:data.scores.sc_enforcer
label:"Mechanic",val:data.scores.sc_mechanic
label:"Operator",val:data.scores.sc_operator
label:"Professional",val:data.scores.sc_professional

Soldier types possibly.

Trojan X

Banned
The sequel to Battlefield 2142 or forget it. It's silly for DICE to release any game that can potentially cannibalize their own BF3 and 4. If this end up being an DLC for BF4 then that should be part of the Premium pack and not something extra that people should pay for. If the latter end up being the case, even if it is COPS, then I really don't think that is fair and I certainly won't support it.

The sequel to Battlefield 2142 or forget it. It's silly for DICE to release any game that can potentially cannibalize their own BF3 and 4. If this end up being an DLC for BF4 then that should be part of the Premium pack and not something extra that people should pay for.

This will be made by Visceral, not DICE.

Gotcha. So this will utilise Visceral own engine? Fresh game built from the ground up? I've been disconnected from EA for a long time.

More than likely will be running on Frostbite, like any other EA-owned studio game nowadays. And the game is rumored to be police/swat-themed.

Trojan X

Banned
More than likely will be running on Frostbite, like any other EA-owned studio game nowadays. And the game is rumored to be police/swat-themed.

Oh well. I guess we got to wait and see if it cannibalizes BF3 and 4 or not, I guess. If it does then EA made a very stupid mistake.... but what else is new with that company.

More details, from the comments via source:

Yeah it's probably the rumored SWAT themed BF game. I've found quite a lot of info...

EDIT1: The code-name is apparently Omaha.

EDIT2: Possible game modes: TDM, Turf War (Small and Large), Heist and Blood Mooney.

EDIT3: Possible teams: SWAT, Thieves, "LW" and "CR".

EDIT4: The game is pretty much ready for E3, Heist and Blood Mooney will be playable on the map High Tension (MP_Downtown).

EDIT5: I believe Commander mode will be available too.

EDIT6: Possible "classes" (maybe they're just loadouts): Enforcer, Mastermind, Techincian and Professional. There should be vehicles too.

EDIT7: Possible in-game store where you can buy weapons and accessories (hopefully ala CounterStrike).

EDIT8: There will be the police baton ("The police baton is used in melee combat to deter wrongdoes from bad behavior.")

Top Bottom