• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
battlefield_hardline_by_agb_gifs-d7k244m.gif

Bookoo

I am a BF fan, but this doesn't look that great. Skeptical about Heist mode and rescue mode will work out because those asynchronous modes always just turn in to big turtle matches.

Ploid 3.0

? There's more to GTA:Online than just heists.

Also this looks a lot more chaotic than what the proposed heist mode in GTA looked like that + GTA has a huge map to outrun the cops. The maps in this look big but I highly doubt as big as GTAV.

I still can't believe Rockstar doesn't have the Heist in the game. GTAO seem to have failed to do what they planned. The potential for player vs player heist is going to be more interesting in this (beats AI). The lack of a freeway won't make it less exciting or strategic. When they do bring in their heists I wonder how long it will last before people stop doing them due to games like this.

Septic360

Banned
Reminds me of counter strike

This is what I wanted; a more ground based game with less focus on vehicles and more on weapons. But you never know, this could be the natural extension to the Counter Strike formula if the gunplay is PROPER tight and balanced. I'm skeptical however...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck it, I'm on the hype train full force. That looked like a shitload of fun. Cannot wait to see more of this game.

The only weird thing about it to me is cops using attack helicopters with missiles on a bunch of bank robbers.
So that looks like AAA Payday game. They should name it differently, and make new IP.
Speaking of Payday 2, how is that game? I liked these urban cops and robbers kinds of shooters but I never tried either Payday game.

Bruticuz

Banned
awesome that they changed the setting.
The dynamics will also change a lot with mo tanks and jets etc.
Looks oke for a cross-gen title, wish it was next-gen only.
But there is hope. Anyone know if its a nextgen game port to last gen or the other way around?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's amazing, all those cops would actually lose their job with the amount of Destruction going on in that vids, even movies take note of that.

GameSeeker

I'm in, even after what they did to me with battlefield 4. Fuck it

EA loves customers like you. It's how they stay in business. :p

Eesh, that wasn't impressive.

Graphically, this is a very mixed bag. It's cross-gen roots are showing and animation, character models, aliasing, etc. look no better (or sometimes worse) than BF4. If the BF series keeps standing still on the graphics front, CoD is going to slowly catch up. CoD:AW looks like a nice improvement on CoD: Ghosts. This isn't an improvement on BF4.

I'm in. I've been wanting a good cops & robbers game for a long time (Payday isn't that great)

It's also fun to see the trailers that the industry sees instead of the normal hype trailer that the consumer gets.

Who thought using the Battlefield name would be a good idea? If I were at visceral games I would be concerned about meeting sales expectations after Dead Space 3 flopped.

EL CUCO

The video mentioned "episodes" and also "cliff hangers". I wonder if they're going to try to monetize the SP campaign into DLC.

Nevermind, it says "EACH LEVEL" is structured like an episode, cliffhangers and all...

jaaz

I hope that was a pre-pre-pre Alpha not meant to be shown to the public because those graphics were rough. Looked like PS3/360 footage.

SeanR1221

I also just realized that this is being made by the Dead Space team and CoD:AW is being made by the former Dead Space guys.

It's a Dead Space shooter fall.

We all want a new bad company but I'm willing to give this the time of day because it looks different. Not a day one purchase, of course. Not after bf4.

KarmaCow

I'm interested in how indepth the heist mode is because I do enjoy Payday. It doesnt need to be much, but more than waiting for the vault to open. Though there are far too many red flags (battlefield, ea, possible microtransactions, origin) to even consider getting it at launch.

JB1981

I remember some time ago seeing this very concept made by someone on YouTube but with the COD engine. What ever became of that? Did EA rip off the concept ?

Battlefield: Streets. That is seriously what it needs to be called because what the fuck could Hardline mean?

"In politics, hardline refers to the doctrine, policy, and posturing of a government or political body as being absolutist and sometimes authoritarian."

It's clearly a reflection on society's perception of current police and government.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Now we have a Cops n' Robbers Battlefield game, hopefully next year we will get a Battlefield game about Cowboys and Indians.

Top Bottom